Brookfield Zoo

• 110 replies

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Brookfield Zoo
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2020, 01:47 PM »
The windows really open the space up; makes it more inviting, and the view more exciting. Of course, it would be even more exciting if we could see some kangaroos... or even llamaroos. ;)

« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2020, 03:19 PM »
The windows really open the space up; makes it more inviting, and the view more exciting. Of course, it would be even more exciting if we could see some kangaroos... or even llamaroos. ;)
stay tuned

« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2020, 05:52 PM »
The exterior area around Aussie Station is starting to take shape with some details being added.

The right side has some outside walk-up service counters for coffee and sweets

« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2020, 05:58 PM »
Here is the completed scenery around this building

From above (with the unfinished kangaroo habitat on the left)

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2020, 08:37 PM »
Llamaroos! ;)

« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2020, 07:19 AM »
Here is the kangaroo habitat areas

This exhibit in the current real zoo is very wooded and filled with high weeds and plants, which I never thought was very realistic for how these animals live in real life, which is more open plains and dry desert-like areas. So I made this habitat a bit more open, which area of shade scattered around.

« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2020, 03:48 PM »
More of the Roo enclosure. I have since made the interior fence (on the left) invisible.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2020, 08:54 PM »
Mighty fine lookin' roo you have there. The faces do look rather roo-ish. The creek looks very realistic, especially the bank. What is that stacked yellow and green thing? Scratching post? Feeder?

« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2020, 07:23 AM »
Mighty fine lookin' roo you have there. The faces do look rather roo-ish. The creek looks very realistic, especially the bank. What is that stacked yellow and green thing? Scratching post? Feeder?
LOL - THX. Also, thats a scratching post enrichment item.

« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2020, 12:27 PM »
There are two mirror image shelters towards the back of the exhibit (hidden behind rock work) where the roos can go to feed, sleep and get out of bad weather. The doors can be closed when winter arrives. Keepers also have access through the buildings.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2020, 12:59 PM »
Okay, so I wasn't going to ask what that square of rocks is, in the first pic; but my curiosity got the best of me. Is it a sand/dust bath for the roos? A helicopter pad for vacationing roos? A teleporter, so the roos can teleport to other enclosures? A roo cemetery plot? A sandbox for little roos to play in?... I think that covers all the bases.

« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2020, 01:43 PM »
its actually a feeding tray that I partially buried to try and soften the edges a bit.

« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2020, 01:41 PM »
Looking out from the restaurant onto the Roo habitat

Looking down on the entire exhibt

After adding a few more path accessories

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2020, 09:41 PM »
This is a very realistic creation and I love the meticulousness that you have with it. You are considering every angle and small detail as if this was being built in the real world, which is only adding to how amazing this zoo is. Well done as usual!

« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2020, 04:54 PM »
THX Cody

Rain storm by this habitat

...and in the winter

« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2020, 11:52 AM »
Now for the rest of the Australia area. I was really hoping for an Aussie DLC to come out before I got this far just so that I could use actual animals in game, but for now, I will just make habitats as they are on the Master plan...with a few minor modifications.

The black box will be the outside walls of the Australia House. It will house the inside quarters for a few animals as well as a full habitat for some that will have no outside access.
The pathing will go around and through the house as well reach out to some of the more satellite structures.

The green area will be the wallaby's. They will have a larger outside area as well as an interior shelter and keeper access. There will be no inside viewing of these animals.
The white lines along the paths inside the house will be glass viewing walls for those outside enclosures.
Yellow is the wombat habitat, which will have outside and indoor viewing...and there will also be a inside backstage area for the keepers and animals.
Orange are the echidna, which will also have in and out viewing areas.
The purple box will be the fruit bats which will have an open air enclosure with fine netting.
The 2 red boxes will be two aviaries. One will be general birds, the other will be for the lorikeet,a small colorful parakeet-like bird.
The two blue areas will be keeper huts and backstage structures.

If an eventual DLC has a different mix of animals I will switch this up a bit. I'm thinking emu's and koala's may need to either be added or replace something I have here in the plan.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2020, 02:09 PM »
These areas look like they will be fun to build, and fun to look at. :)

« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2020, 07:45 PM »
three of the enclosures getting started. the building will be formed around these fences.

« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2020, 07:50 AM »
Once the building exterior was mapped out the habitats also get more finalized.
Red is the planned wallaby interior and exterior
Blue is the planned fruit bats
Green is the planned echidna
Orange the wombats
the pink line is the pathways and viewing areas inside the building

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2020, 11:20 AM »
Looking at this thread really makes me wanna get the game it looks so good and I love how all your enclosures are being done !!

« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2020, 07:08 PM »
The exterior walls start to take shape