Brookfield Zoo

• 6 replies
Brookfield Zoo
« on: November 06, 2019, 07:17 AM »
Well - I will be trying to build a recreate of a real zoo outside the Chicago area called Brookfield Zoo...but I will be using a future master plan version of the zoo that I will be working from as the inspiration for this zoo. I'm sure I may have to take some liberties in some areas, but will try to follow the master plan as close as I can. I really hope that this turns out to be a good thread and that you will enjoy it.

Great thing is the plan has a sky lift ride in it and what a great surprise the they included a gondola type ride in the game release - - make me so excited.

Anyway...here is a shot of what the plan looks like.

My other tread on Zoo Design goes into great detail on the evolution of this master plan if you want to see those details about this zoo.

Re: Brookfield Zoo
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 07:41 AM »
Slow start to this zoo project, but I did start to lay out the plan in the map by painting some main areas and also started the pathing for the entry plaza and main garden promenade to the Roosevelt Fountain area.

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 07:18 AM »
I'm already running into spacing/layout issues, so I may have to change the end design a bit. I started to place the transport rides (Green for the train, Gold for the gondola), and also started some path placement and the first animal enclosure (tigers circled in red). As you can see its way too large and I need to size it better before any details start to get added. I have to say, still not please with all the management requirements even in sandbox (like power, staff buildings, etc.) that are needed as this will make spacing/sizing ever more difficult.

Looks like I may run out of room to the far right of my map to fit in the aquatic animal section of the par. Seeing as this is not even in game yet (and we have no clue if it ever will be)...I'm not too concerned. I may just add a faux front to this area that you can see from the paths, but can't really support anything real.

This could go down on record as being the slowest build I have ever done.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 07:32 AM »
damn... still the same problem. cant see your pictures over here.
need to check this at home. it sounds nice, but its like watching TV without picture ^^
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 12:45 PM »
Very ambitious for your first project in PZ. Hopefully you don't get overwhelmed or overly frustrated and give up, as I am very much looking forward to seeing this progress. I'm surprised to hear you are running out of room. Are the maps in this game smaller than those in Planet Coaster?
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 01:12 PM »
Very ambitious for your first project in PZ. Hopefully you don't get overwhelmed or overly frustrated and give up, as I am very much looking forward to seeing this progress. I'm surprised to hear you are running out of room. Are the maps in this game smaller than those in Planet Coaster?
the map is large - - I just didn't plan the spacing out very well and now that I'm seeing what I have left to squeeze into that side of the map...it most likely will not fit. I can shift every over to the left, but that would mean starting over...not sure if I have that in me right now.

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 01:55 PM »
So I decided to move/shift everything over to the left to give myself more room on the far right. I will provide updates once I make more progress on this. Game kept crashing when I was trying to delete the enclosure, so I'm not getting very far very fast.