Brookfield Zoo

• 54 replies
Re: Brookfield Zoo
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2020, 08:58 AM »
Starting to add more details and building to the viewing building that is called Siberian Escape. It will house an underwater viewing area as well as exhibits about the tiger.

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2020, 09:43 AM »
Finished the Siberian Escape building which is an educational display for the tigers and also has an underwater viewing window.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2020, 08:01 PM »
I like how this is looking. The Siberian Escape building, to me, has some charm to how it was done (maybe the entrance decor). I do like how you created various levels/perspectives for the guests to observe the tigers. I am looking forward to more!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2020, 08:39 PM »
Hey, I wants my money back! I don't see no underwater view of tagers swimmin' around. >:( :P  Actually, I do see a teaser in that second image. I'm guessing you're saving the best part for a future update. With the roof being mostly skylights, the interior has a bright, welcoming feel to it; almost like it's outdoors.

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2020, 08:07 AM »
Inside the Siberian Escape building

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2020, 01:41 PM »
My initial impression of the Siberian Escape was correct. It's light and airy and inviting. :)  Still don't see no tagers swimmin', though. Guess I'll settle for a partial refund. :P  When I got my first glimpse of that big India-style(?) tiger head (previous update) I thought it was just that; a head. But now I see that it has a 'body' with stripes as well. Pretty neat! And what's this? It has a head at both ends; it's a pushme-pullyou tiger! Those are the rarest kind!

Oh, I just realized! All the sunlight filtering down from the skylights, casting shadows everywhere, simulates the tigers' natural environment. That's why tigers have stripes; to blend in with their sun-streaked background. I'm not sure if you had that in mind when you planned this viewing area, but it works!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 01:43 PM by JB »

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2020, 02:11 PM »
My initial impression of the Siberian Escape was correct. It's light and airy and inviting. :)  Still don't see no tagers swimmin', though. Guess I'll settle for a partial refund. :P  When I got my first glimpse of that big India-style(?) tiger head (previous update) I thought it was just that; a head. But now I see that it has a 'body' with stripes as well. Pretty neat! And what's this? It has a head at both ends; it's a pushme-pullyou tiger! Those are the rarest kind!

Oh, I just realized! All the sunlight filtering down from the skylights, casting shadows everywhere, simulates the tigers' natural environment. That's why tigers have stripes; to blend in with their sun-streaked background. I'm not sure if you had that in mind when you planned this viewing area, but it works!
the shadows were not planned with that in mind, but thats a great point and I'll go with it.

I originally started to make a tiger tail out of art pieces, but I wasn't liking that if you came in the building in the 'back' entrance that what you would see,,,so I went with the same tiger head experience from whichever entrance you came into the building.

The tigers do swim a lot, but not much right in front of the window and I'm trying to figure out why. I will have to fix the camera on that spot and record so I can catch them in the act for you.

Offline Shiftzie

• French Crator in Planet Coaster ;) !
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2020, 02:04 AM »
The building interior is really nice, so much details and informations screens are a good idea. Love the big tiger overhead the path ^^ ! And underwater view is cool :p ! Great job !!!

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2020, 06:20 AM »
THX - glad you guys are liking this.

I had to move the angle of the exhibit building behind the exhibit as it was to much on an angle and didn't fit right with the plan layout. It also was cutting into the other enclosures that need to go next to the tigers. Here is how I moved it and I still need to fill in the roof and walls a bit better.

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2020, 06:37 AM »
a few tiger shots from inside this enclosure

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2020, 02:28 PM »
Interesting to see the tigers in the snow. I'm curious: Do you have to manually turn the snow on yourself? Can you set it to snow during the winter months? Does the scenery become snow covered when it snows, or do you have to add 'snowy' scenery? Does the snow melt eventually? I think that's enough questions for now. :whistling:

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2020, 02:32 PM »
Interesting to see the tigers in the snow. I'm curious: Do you have to manually turn the snow on yourself?
Yes - there is a weather slider/selector. but there may be a way to do it with the timer running...if so, I don't know how.

Can you set it to snow during the winter months?
Same as above...it would have to be on the game timer, which runs very fast...so if that was used the seasons would come and go really fast.

Does the scenery become snow covered when it snows, or do you have to add 'snowy' scenery?
It all becomes snowy...and when you set it to rain...everything becomes wet and the rain runs off many of the surfaces. It only takes a few minutes for everything to get snow covered.

Does the snow melt eventually?
Yes - when you change the weather to rain, cloudy or sunny, the snow melts, or more like evaporates away in just a couple minutes.

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2020, 03:11 PM »
here is how the weather works/looks in the game

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2020, 05:16 PM »
Thanks for the visual demonstration. :)  That's kinda neat. I like how the snow builds up on the grass, covering it gradually. One more question (:P): What happens when you leave the snow button on, does the snow continue building up more and more? Surely it must reach some sort of limit; otherwise, the whole map would become blanketed in a thick, uniform level of snow with no distinguishing details.

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2020, 07:13 PM »
Thanks for the visual demonstration. :)  That's kinda neat. I like how the snow builds up on the grass, covering it gradually. One more question (:P): What happens when you leave the snow button on, does the snow continue building up more and more? Surely it must reach some sort of limit; otherwise, the whole map would become blanketed in a thick, uniform level of snow with no distinguishing details.
the level you saw before I turned it off is the max

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2020, 09:23 AM »
Here is a video showcasing the tiger enclosure

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2020, 09:29 PM »
It's great to finally see the tigers romping through their enclosure. It's also neat that you can select an individual animal to follow with the camera, like the coaster trains in PC. The music was nice, as well.

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2020, 05:33 AM »
It's great to finally see the tigers romping through their enclosure. It's also neat that you can select an individual animal to follow with the camera, like the coaster trains in PC. The music was nice, as well.
THX, and I was sure to get them swimming for you. The music is from the game.

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2020, 09:11 AM »
Jumping over to the zoo entrance now for a while. Here is an overhead of what it currently looks like, with an explanation of how this zoo is in real life. Maybe one day if we can edit outside the zoo boundaries (like we can do in PlanCo), I will make this more realistic to the real zoo.

-The purple cross-work area is the main zoo parking located across a busy street from the actual zoo.

-The blue house is where the real ticket booths are located.

-The green walkway is an underpass beneath the road

- There is a slight up-hill walkway to the turn styles where you enter the zoo (orange dashed line)

...I have this level right now as I couldn't sink the game zoo entry point below ground...and I added the ticket booth (orange "X") up by the turn styles.

The entry walkway without all the drawings I added above

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2020, 06:36 PM »
here is a look at the entry area (past the zoo sign). Still need to finish all the details.

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2020, 02:17 PM »
Here are a few more 'unfinished' shots of this area.

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2020, 01:58 PM »
looking down on the entry area after all the detail has been added.

Headed towards the turn styles

Got your ticket?

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2020, 06:48 PM »
I love the entrance/exit. Signage does play a key role in detail for theme park/zoo games. I am loving every update (even though I am quiet), please keep up the good work!

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2020, 11:02 AM »
I put the Siberian Escape building on the workshop. It is a bit difficult to place because its sunk into the ground, but follow the placards I placed to help.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1991454755

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2020, 03:32 PM »
a few more of the turn style entry building