Brookfield Zoo

• 69 replies
Re: Brookfield Zoo
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2020, 06:53 PM »
if you look close at the second pic. There are two sets of lamp posts in the planters in the center of the photo...4 bulbs/lights total...and they barely if at all light up the pathway under them.

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2020, 07:46 AM »
and if you visit the zoo in the winter...

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2020, 03:05 PM »
This game's depiction of snow is truly amazing.

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2020, 06:21 PM »
You're doing such a great job with it, all of the scenery is looking fantastic. The little elevated path platforms are such a nice touch and I'm glad you included that detail. I can't wait until you get to the inside of the primate house, that was my favorite part when I visited!

« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2020, 09:49 AM »
Looks like a storm blew in when these guests were leaving the zoo

Bird's eye view of the completed entry area

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2020, 07:19 AM »
Moving onto the main (north) entry plaza now. As you can see in the master plan below this area is circled. I will initially focus on the three building along the north edge.

Here is what it looks like before I start reshaping everything to make it fit better.

Paths will need to be reworked and the current building you see were just place holders and will need to be moved.

The clump of staff buildings on the far right are in what is a priority parking lot in the plan, but I will use this specs as back stage staff/support. Evenually I may make that more visually appearing...or just hide it behind a bunch of trees.

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2020, 08:41 AM »
OK -  little bit of an explanation first.

I am now working on the structures at the very top middle of the master plan above (the gift shops and the guest services) buildings. I will be taking some creative liberties in this area, but want to explain why.

If you look at the guest services building...this is actually the old/original entrance to the zoo. It was a sort of neoclassical look. The new master plan appears to have altered the shape of the building...I assume closing it in and adding the part that bulks out into the plaza area.

I decided to change this up a bit and build more of what the zoo looks like in its current state today. Basically the entrance has been closed off with banners, hoses restrooms on each side and has some gift options on either end that were not really ever part of the original building (as far as I can recall).

So...here is what the building currently looks like:

And here is what I built with what was available in the game

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2020, 08:23 PM »
Here is what the old 'street side' of the entrance looked like.

and my version of this

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2020, 11:13 AM »
here is the whole plaza area with this building before I added the retail buildings on each end.

« Reply #69 on: Yesterday at 03:25 PM »
On this side of the building I will be adding a gift shop that will have a covered walkway to access these restrooms.

The shop before the skin is built around it