Gondola
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: February 04, 2021, 09:22 AM

Brookfield Zoo

• 196 replies
Re: Brookfield Zoo
« Reply #180 on: January 30, 2021, 11:35 AM »
So first I'll answer your question:  The gondola in this game is kind of ridiculous, I agree those supports are much more cumbersome than the monorail and are going to block important sightlines.  I also think the cars are oversized, oddly shaped, and a definite realism killer.   The monorail, at the very least, will blend better and be less obtrusive.

Personally, I don't like either of them.  If they had done the one-way turnaround with the chairlifts like Planco has I'd have gone that route.  But I think for my zoo it's just going to be the train.

« Reply #181 on: January 30, 2021, 12:04 PM »

Thanks for your opinion. I will just have to work my magic and blend it in (whatever I decide to go with) as best I can.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 30, 2021, 03:40 PM »
I do have a weakness for gondola/skyway rides. That said, the monorail blends in a lot better; less intrusive. And like JP said, the gondola car is HUGE. (So is the track.) You said you can make tighter turns and different elevations with the monorail... I would choose the monorail. (Even though it would be neat to look down and see no track below you in the gondola.)

« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2021, 01:53 PM »
Inside the Australia House

« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2021, 03:51 PM »
I love the ambience of it (would make a great restaurant!)

I don't remember all the pieces, but did you make the gecko on the wall or is it in-game like that?  I didn't even realize those pieces lit up.

« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2021, 04:12 PM »
I love the ambience of it (would make a great restaurant!)

I don't remember all the pieces, but did you make the gecko on the wall or is it in-game like that?  I didn't even realize those pieces lit up.
i DID NOT MAKE IT, SO IT WAS EITHER IN GAME OR A BLUEPRINT FROM THE WORKSHOP.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 02, 2021, 09:21 PM »
Quote: "i DID NOT MAKE IT, SO IT WAS EITHER IN GAME OR A BLUEPRINT FROM THE WORKSHOP."

Well wherever these abstract critters came from, I like 'em. :)  Wonderful atmosphere here.

« Reply #187 on: February 05, 2021, 11:09 AM »
THX guys.

So I decided to go with the monorail moving forward...so these next shots were taken before I made that change.

« Reply #188 on: February 10, 2021, 05:42 AM »
A nice summer rain storm

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2021, 03:34 PM »
The different types of weather in this game really adds variety. With the extra degree of realism that PZ has (compared to RCT3), it changes the mood. The same location takes on a whole new vibe depending on the weather.

« Reply #190 on: February 17, 2021, 05:12 PM »
when it snows at Brookfield Zoo the Aussie area looks wonderful.

« Reply #191 on: February 20, 2021, 09:51 AM »
here is a video recap of this section of the zoo.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 20, 2021, 03:33 PM »
What a pleasant and easy-going video. :)  I think the music added a lot to the over-all feel. A very nice summation of the Australian area of the zoo.
Here's a 3D image I made from a couple of screenshots from your video. It actually turned out quite well.

« Reply #193 on: February 20, 2021, 08:04 PM »
thats awesome - THX - I should get back to trying more of these again.

« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2021, 11:08 AM »
OK - moving back to the North Plaza area. Adding a Carousal to the plaza. this is in the master plan and actually has been park of the zoo in real life for may years now.In game I got the faux ride from the workshop, but will build a custom house/cover for it as close to the real zoo ride that currently exists.

« Reply #195 on: February 28, 2021, 06:43 AM »
So here is the actual ride/building as it appears in the real zoo today.

And my recreation. The main difference is that my version is a bit smaller and not as bulky because the starting faux ride was a lot smaller.

« Reply #196 on: March 05, 2021, 07:31 PM »
More