A Zoo from AemJaY

• 9 replies

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
A Zoo from AemJaY
« on: November 12, 2019, 11:18 PM »
Well I think I can give it a try, and start my own Zoo Thread over here :)
In the last couple of days I was getting into planet zoo and get familiar with all the pieces and stuff.
I decided to start my own zoo.

Idea:
Iam building a modern zoo with some state of the art animal habitats, and some old structures and enclosures that will be reworked by time. the inspiration I get most of my local zoo "Zurich Zoo Switzerland". One of the best zoos in Europe (Newspapers told me that). Also I got influenced by zoo Berlin (East) and Vienna Zoo. Well lets see where we going. Here are my first Pictures:

I was trying to work with different heights. so on the left you have a ramp, and on the right you have some stairs to get up to the entrance plaza. You can see the entrance towers in the far back :)

here you have the overview of the entrance plaza (still not finished yet) in the back on the other side of the wall is the monorail. i was planing to go with the gondola but damn that's so fucking big and doesent fit my ideas, so I will maybe go with the monorail. I placed it there to see if it fits the space. on the right is a maintenance building that has access from the inside of the park.

well that's it for now. lets see where this journey will bring us :)

btw maybe you find out where I got the inspiration out for the entrance buildings ;)
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Re: A Zoo from AemJaY
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 05:20 AM »
I downloaded the game and it only held my interest for about a half hour... so many rules and I just wanted to have some animals :P

But screenshots like this might get me give it some more chances...  I especially like the rock-work in the first picture, with just the right amount of vegetation popping out through the crevices.  Since you already built a really good zoo in a game that wasn't even designed for that, I'm really excited to see what you're going to be able to do with THIS game.  :)

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 05:34 AM »
nice start

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 11:28 PM »
@JPAlmighT: thank you. I also had my issues at the beginning, didn't know how to start but so far I like the game. and yeah I really wana build a real zoo now with moving animals not like in planet coaster, where my habitats where empty xD well lets see, I have some ideas in mind, hope to bring it in the game :)

@wowmanrct: thank you.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 04:03 PM »
Great start Jay. I'm so glad to see you building in this game. I know it'll be great

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 07:20 AM »
well here is another update from my "zoo". As you will find out, i still dont have any animals haha. Stuck at the entrance ^^

If added a new fountain with a lion statue in front of the entrance.

I also worked on the right side of the entering path way. As on the left side, i try to work with the different heights.

And we have our first almost finished Building for our staff. it includes, a break room a workshop and a generator in the back, accesable trough the door on the far left.

and for the finish of this update i have another overview shot of the area. hope you like it.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 07:26 AM »
So i had a litle break in my entrance building. i had some things in mind that i want to build. first i was building something for the flamingos, but it diesent felt right so after 1h i deleted it completly. And now i startet with a tiger enclosure.

On the right side, is the backstage area for the tigers, with power and water and a small house where they can rest. in the middle is the tiger house, its an old house so its more of rocks inside and not that nice to watch, but its old and maybe some day there will be a update (i got my inspiration from Berlin Zoo). on the left you have the outside of the exhibit. with a water playground and enought space for the tigers to run around and play.

Here is the view from the entrance of the tiger house.

and last but not least you see in this picture, this is in front of the tiger house, in the back you have some staff buildings (not finished yet) and in front a little water play and nice searoses.

Hope you like the update so far.

Sidenote: thnx to my different heights, i have a problem. my normal 4m walls did not stick to the ground, they are flying or are underground, that sucks really hard and i have some problems with it to build. it feels a bit more complicated to build in planet zoo then planet coaster i think. iam still not 100% happy with my building style as i was in planet coaster. but i hope as more i build iam more getting comfortable.

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 08:51 AM »
those glass roof building pieces in this game look awesome

Offline KiDFoX

• Legendary RCT3 Architect - Planet Coaster Newb..
    • View Profile
    • Fox Amusements - The site I have not touched in years
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2019, 12:19 PM »
The glass pieces are nice in the game.  I like where you are going with the tiger habitat if I had any constructive criticism for how I see the glass roofs handled often though it is that not many people are considering how it would be supported. There would need to be some additional support for that design.  Depending on what level of detail you want you might consider that it would take it up a notch.  I like the entrance, like the terrain shifts and path work.
Fox Amusements is the largest, longest continuously running, most successful virtual theme park company in the Tycoon type games communities.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMkrN91L2KiAfAyu_Zi6HDw

@foxamusements

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2019, 11:09 PM »
The glass pieces are nice in the game.  I like where you are going with the tiger habitat if I had any constructive criticism for how I see the glass roofs handled often though it is that not many people are considering how it would be supported. There would need to be some additional support for that design.  Depending on what level of detail you want you might consider that it would take it up a notch.  I like the entrance, like the terrain shifts and path work.

Thnx for the hint, will definitly try to work on that. Its a detail that shouldnt be missed.