Welcome To Planet Zoo- Park Entrance

• 8 replies

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
Welcome To Planet Zoo- Park Entrance
« on: November 20, 2019, 05:29 AM »
Welcome To Planet Zoo

Here's my very first Planet Zoo blueprint. A lovely park entrance dedicated to our favourite zoo building game.
Featuring a fountain with the Planet Zoo logo and a large rock with animal sculptures and waterfalls. There's also turnstiles and disabled/ pushchair access.
Hope you all enjoy.

Workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1916802208

Re: Welcome To Planet Zoo- Park Entrance
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 05:46 AM »
nice start Nemmie

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 06:06 AM »
D@mn Nemmie, I'd expect no less of you but this is REALLY good.  Really love the mashup of modern & artistic with the natural & rustic... especially the landscape feature in the middle with the sculptures. 

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 10:09 AM »
OK - I usually don't like to make recommendations on other peoples work...especially you Nemmie....but here I go.

First, as I mentioned above...I love this and it looks really awesome, but looking back at this the really light colored wood beams seem to be sticking out like a sore thumb to me now. I might recommend that maybe you consider darkening them a bit so they look more natural and match the roof panels a bit better? And...now I feel terrible for even posting this. :(

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 10:10 AM »
I'm going to go and cut off my pinky for even thinking of making recommendation changes.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 02:11 PM »
VERY nice job. Is this going to be the beginning of a zoo from you, or just a blueprint only?
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 05:50 PM »
I don't want to loose any of my fingers, so: great job Nemmie!

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 03:49 AM »
omg.. Nemmie steps into the game! Great looking entrance, also the scale of everything looks on point!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 01:07 PM »
Wow! Thanks for the front page, Shyguy
And thanks everyone for the kind words. It's always nice to hear.

@JPalmighT  Thanks fella. That's exactly what I was going for. I wanted a really modern look with a safari twist.

@wowman Ha Ha Ha. Don't feel bad for having ideas, opinions and offering feedback. That's the whole point of forums like this.
As for the beams, they're the modern non colourable ones. I chose them because they look so new and clean and modern. Using them kept the whole thing looking more modern, which I wanted and took away the option and temptation to make them look more rustic.
And please don't cut off your pinky. It'll make a right mess ;)

@KingSwasi Thanks very much. And don't lose any fingers :)

@AemjaY Thanks very much

@shyguy Thank you very much. When I get round to starting a zoo, I'll use this entrance, but the Planet Zoo logo is being adapted for my zoo's logo. :)

« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 01:09 PM by Nemmie »