Rose Lake Park - 1920-1929 - Episode 4, part 2 Video, park available!!

• 305 replies
Rose Lake Park is a fictional park located in Plancovia, somewhere around the Pennsylvania and Ohio areas.

It is supposed to represent any number of old time trolley parks that turned into a real amusement park over the decades. Kennywood outside of Pittsburgh PA would be an example of the sort of park that Rose Lake is/was, fictionally of course!

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
The video and the park continue to be amazing.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Thank you, guys!

How about a couple of teasers to tide you over until the park file release and Episode 3, part 2 comes out?

What is this?  Hmmm...I see a boardwalk...and stuff...   ;)

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 12:15 PM by Fisherman »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
We have to pay our janitors extra to clean up all the wildlife scat.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 06:27 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Great screenshots...  perfect time of day to capture the beauty of the boardwalk lights.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Thanks, JP!  That reminds me...the Boardwalk also looks fantastic at other times.   ;)

How about some more screenshots?

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Very nice-looking boardwalk. :)  The mostly white coloring looks great. I like how you're adding lights/string lights to (almost) everything. It reflects what was being done in real-life at that time, as electric lighting became a thing (a la Coney Island, etc.).

I love the Flying Gondolas. (It's a static ride, right?) Are the riders just the in-game animatronic figures? (They seem to be dressed in period costume.) (Also, I like using parentheses.)

The last pic really shows how Rose Lake Park has grown from a sleepy trolley destination to a full-fledged amusement park.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Yes, yes, and yes.  The Flying Gondolas has two configurations - flying, and hanging straight down.  One version is always kept hidden underground so you can swap them for screenshots.   ;)

Speaking of popcorn lights, how about some night shots?

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Oooh! Ahhh! Really like the second shot; how the string lights on the Flying Gondolas are straight and geometrical, while their reflection in the water is anything but that. And I see the Tickler has found a home in Rose Lake Park.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Rose Lake Park map 3 (1910 - 1919) is now available for download on the workshop and Episode 3, part 2 is now up on YouTube!

Park:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2099942932

Rose Lake Park, 1910 - 1919 (map 3). Created by: Fisherman, Wagi, JPAlmighT, Wolf Tenor, Bullethead, and BeyondDrewTV.

This park map represents the third chapter of the journey chronicling the life of Rose Lake Park from its humble beginnings as a picnic grove at the end of a trolley line near Peepsburgh in the heart of Plancovania, to the world renown destination amusement park it is today.  The park has survived a great fire that destroyed much of the midway, including the beloved Jackalope roller coaster.  Thankfully, the founders took out an insurance policy (triple indemnity too!) so they were not only able to replace the Jackalope with an all new, more thrilling version, but they were also able to add many new rides and attractions to the new Lawn area where the midway once was.  They also built a new Japanese Garden and a Grand new Boardwalk on Lake Leemay, home to several new rides.

The park requires MANY billboard images and several custom sound effects tracks for the map to run correctly. Please download them from our Google Drive. Place the contents of the file "RLP 1900-1909 User Media.zip" into your User Media folder and place the contents of "RLP 1900-1909 User Music.zip" into your User Music folder BEFORE opening Planet Coaster to ensure that everything works correctly (you should hear sounds all around the park, especially around the lakes and the hotel):

RLP map 3 User Media: https://drive.google.com/open?id=14PU_q5NCCb_IwGS5zedu_EAHbezumWuH

RLP map 3 User Music: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SQHL7QADwMTBaQPN2myoHmD6X47_mBrz

We have and will be using many blueprints and TMTK items throughout this project and we wish to acknowledge the wonderful content designers for their work. We will be adding links to their work to collections which we will continually update here:

Rose Lake Park Blueprints: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1955781929

Rose Lake Park TMTK items: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1955773510

We strongly suggest that you allow the game to download the required toolkit items for you upon loading the park.

Also, the park has a hilarious, and often sordid, history. So, if you are a park history buff and have a junior high sense of humor, follow along at the Plancovania Historical Society's Blog page for the park here: https://roselakepark.blogspot.com/

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
To be honest, when I clicked on the video and saw that it was 1 hour and 10 minutes long, part of me groaned. BUT, another part of me rejoiced! I really enjoy your video tours- Just a few friends sittin' around gabbin' and jokin' about their latest accomplishments-  and inviting us to listen in; to be a part of it. An entertaining way to spend 1 hour and 10 minutes, I'd say. I've mentioned it before, but the opening sequence, where the small image grows to fill the entire screen, was done especially nice this time.

I see the raccoons have made another appearance, I think they're in every video(?). And OMG!!1!!1 An honest-to-goodness jackalope! In the wild! Very rare, indeed. Don't let the hotel chef see him though; he's got jackalope on the menu... Oh wait, he's got Mountain Jackalope on the menu; much bigger and beefier. This scrawny Plains Jackalope wouldn't be worth the effort.

So many new things this time around, I can't even remember all of them. Wolf Tenor's interiors are a major (or is that "major general"? ;)) source of awesomeness. As is Bullethead's fire station. I liked the horse pucky scattered around the stables adjoining the station. Hmm, that 'teletype' machine thingy, upstairs in the fire station, looks a little futuristic for the early 1900s; lots of colored light indicators and such. Does a Time Machine figure into the history of the park? :P  I'm guessing in the 1920s, the horse-drawn fire wagons will be replaced with motorized trucks?

And the boardwalk area! Really well done. It looks and fells like an actual boardwalk from say, 1915. Not just the overall appearance, which is nostalgically beautiful, but the choice of attractions included as well. Hmm, do I sense another fire in the near future? Or maybe an earthquake? Or a herd of hungry jackalopes? (They eat wood, right?)

Gotta mention a couple of other things off the top of my head: Li'l Edna's flower planters made of toilets and old tires, and her assortment of tables and chairs, no two alike. Bulletheads iron bridges (wonderful!), Michaela's Chicken restaurant, with the (dumpster-diving raccoons) picnic area. I like the lanterns/lights hanging from the tree. The wing extensions of the hotel with the classic swimming pool. Von Steubens (Stoy-bens) restaurant; beautiful, and historically informative. The Swan Pavilion with its upstairs luxury apartment.

Like I said, so much new stuff to take in. Thanks for the tour, guys. :)

Offline matejakezman

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
I totally love this project guys!

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
How did I miss this project? This is wonderful! Loving the collaboration and the ideas! You guys got the vintage feel down very good!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Thanks so much!!!  We've slowed down quite a bit with only 2.5 of us working on it at the moment.  But we are working hard!  I think you guys will enjoy map 4 a LOT.

Offline ImaginerJeremy

• Amusement Park Enthusiast and RCT Retiree
    • View Profile
The presentation, the pictures, the storyline, everything about that is excellent!

However, seeing things up close and personal really seals the deal for me! This is an amazing work of art and one of the best posts on SGW!

Definitely recommend this to anyone who hasn't been following to look through this! Keep them coming Fisherman!
Creator of Pearl Heights : the Thrill Capital of 1970

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
This park has some serious charm to it... it really looks like a very "romantic" park. Especially the work you did on the nighttime hours... it's impressive! :up:

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Thanks, guys!  We're working hard on the 1920s map!  It's full of goodies!!   :D

Offline jlac55

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Hype for 1920s!!!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Rose Lake Park - 1920-1929 - Episode 4, part 1 Video
« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2020, 09:38 PM »
Episode 4, part 1 is available on YouTube!

Some screenshots from 1929:

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 02, 2020, 06:35 AM »
What a beautiful park!! I love the log flume a lot and the layout for the wooden coaster really fits the 1920's vibe. The attention to detail in the fun house is awesome. Seriously such great work here. :D

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 02, 2020, 07:00 AM »
Thank you!  :blush:

Offline jlac55

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 02, 2020, 08:14 AM »
The new additions look awesome! This park has had a very interesting development and I look forward to more!  :love: :love: :love:

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 02, 2020, 08:44 AM »
Lovely update! The additions are great as always.

« Reply #293 on: August 02, 2020, 09:31 AM »
Great job.  The log flume and funhouse are my favorites, but everything you added this map was just amazing.  I stepped away from this project just in time, I would've been trampled by the talent!

Glad JP Marvel is still around making squirrel hats.  He certainly hasn't been building anything in Planet Coaster lately :P

« Reply #294 on: August 02, 2020, 11:19 AM »
Looks great! Love the updates.

BTW, Bisto is gravy. Daddies favorite sauce is like A1 or Worcestershire sauce.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 02, 2020, 05:39 PM »
Thanks so much, guys!!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 02, 2020, 06:06 PM »
Love the old-timey autos in the parking lot. That's something we haven't seen much of till now. The new park entrance building looks beautiful; the white and green colors look great.

I like how the Rusty Horseshoe restaurant is split-level. And the pink & white ice cream shop looks perfect.

The art deco Odeon Theatre is the bee's knees. I like how you introduced 'talkies' into the park during this time period. And oh my, the Rose Savoy Theater! Beautiful and sophisticated. It was nice to have Maj. Gen. Stanley Wolf give the tour. (Had to get his full title in.) I like the cat that's about to attack the chipmunk.

All of the structures in this episode are amazingly designed and realized. Very elegant. I LOVED the Penny Arcade games!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 02, 2020, 07:16 PM »
Thanks so much, JB!!

Offline zacharyshyguy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 03, 2020, 01:43 AM »
Can you put Schiff Wild Mouse coaster on Rose Lake Park for 1950-1959?
Zachary Lunsford

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 03, 2020, 12:34 PM »
Just watched the video on YouTube on my TV!  WOW! You guys are doing a great job with the park!  So much to see even with the items you are not pointing out.  Get the biggest kick out of the commentary.  Shout out to all, watch the video on your big screen TV!  Can't wait to see Part 2.