Rose Lake Park 1939: video part 2 and park file released!

• 344 replies

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
This park has a beauty to it. The classic and vintage feeling is definitely a joy to see and reminds us of how simple theme parks were back in the day. Amazing!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Thank you, Cody. That was a very sweet comment.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Rose Lake Park 1939: video part 2 and park file released!
« Reply #332 on: July 31, 2021, 01:12 PM »
Rose Lake Park 1930 - 1939 is here!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2561676886

This park map represents the fifth chapter of the journey chronicling the life of Rose Lake Park from its humble beginnings as a picnic grove at the end of a trolley line near Peepsburgh in the heart of Plancovania, to the world renown destination amusement park it is today. The 1930s proved to be a challenging decade for Rose Lake, with the Great Depression ravaging the country, and the Rose River valley flood of 1935 severely damaging much of the low-lying areas of the park. But, as Rose Lake always does, it overcame and emerged stronger and more successful than before. The discovery of a massive cave system beneath the southwest corner of the park brought the park back from near financial ruin when the founders began charging a small fee for cavern tours. By 1939, Rose Lake Caverns had become one of the most popular tourist destinations in the northeastern United States. With its subterranean lake stocked with blind fish (which can be explored via glass-bottom boat tours), and innovative underground funicular ride to bring guests from the end of the tour back up to the surface, the Caverns remain a truly fascinating attraction to this day. Also added during this decade were the pleasurable Auto Rally ride from Traver Engineering, the brand-new Flying Eagles, and the first-generation Eyerly Octopus (built for the project by RedLine682). A glorious new Art Deco boathouse was built on Rose Lake, where guests could rent elegant wooden speedboats and have a drink on the upper deck at the swanky Sir Montague’s Boathouse Bar. Guests could stay the night at the new Rose Lake Cabins, offering breathtaking views of the lake. Transportation from the park improved with all new trolley cars and city buses from Peepsburgh. And the crown jewel of the decade was the truly magnificent Rose Lake Ballroom, occupying the former Bruin Auditorium show space, turning the building into a destination in its own right. Explore the park to find all of these exciting additions plus many more surprises!  Be sure to grab the billboard images and sound files.  Links are on the workshop page.

Episode 5, part 2 video: 

Cave Tour instructions: The tour begins in the Caverns gift shop. Follow the path down. Along the path are several rooms. Each room contains a plaque with a hidden sequencer in it. Click on the sequencer to hear the tour spiel for that room (voiced by our own WolfTenor). Note that the sequencer in the Aubergine room needs to be cycled through once before it will work correctly because of the lighting effects in that room (Planco is weird).

Note: Peeps will walk through the cave tour if you open the park, as long as you open the ride called "Rose Lake Caverns Tour." The tour path is actually its queue path.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 11:36 PM by Fisherman »

« Reply #333 on: July 31, 2021, 06:26 PM »
Had a chance to open the park and look around. Love some of the changes. That ballroom is just gorgeous! Loved the new boathouse as well.

I wonder how many of the older attractions are going to survive until the present day? So many have already bit the dust.

Have to say the Pretzel was great. Nice facade, Simple wooden walls, pop up scares, just like it would have been back in the day. Well done.

You guys must use NASA suoercomputers or something! Took over 25 minutes just to load the park, and it was very difficult to maneuver around. A lot of stutter and freezes. I do have a pretty hefty desktop. I have a feeling you are going to hit a wall one of these days!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 31, 2021, 10:24 PM »
First of all, I'd like to re-state how much I like your opening sequences for these Rose Lake videos. Starting with the sepia tones, the shift to color and the gradual zooming in of the image to fill the entire screen. The music sets the scene and puts us in the mood for the video.

Haha, in the opening shot, the "Come Again" sign; at first it looked like it said "Gone Again". I thought "Oh no, what sort of calamity has fallen upon the park now?" In my defense, the flowering vine on the archway did sort of conceal part of the text. So... yeah.

Haha again, for the lovey-dovey hearts drifting across the screen as you describe how Matt joined your team. And while describing the garbage truck we could see where the trolley tracks and road come to an end. It looked like something from a Twilight Zone episode: "They just disappear! There's nothing beyond it! The world just ends there!" And, oh my, the billboard with the baby in the plastic bag... and it's a real ad! Geez.

I love the 'unusual' taxidermied heads on the Cavern gift shop wall. Also the displays of stuff found in the caverns. And yes, I read the info on the cave bats (all 7 of 'em) and cave fish. It seems that tourists play a major role in the cave bats' lives.

I like the steel bars and gate at the entrance of the caverns, just like a real cave, and the electrical cables strung all over the place, like a real cave. The cave tour was great. The tour guide's spiel is worthy of a Jungle Cruise skipper from a Disney park. I like where the cavern lights are switched off, so the guests can experience "Total Darkness". I think all the touristy caves do that bit.

As always, your (the Rose Lake team's) jokey back-and-forth made the 1 hour and 1 minute and 30 seconds (!) go by swiftly. Excellent video.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 31, 2021, 11:19 PM »
Aww... Thank you, JB! I'm so glad you appreciate all our hard work.

And thanks, citytrader! I can assure you that most of what you see now will survive.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 11:21 PM by Fisherman »

« Reply #336 on: August 01, 2021, 04:41 AM »

You guys must use NASA suoercomputers or something! Took over 25 minutes just to load the park, and it was very difficult to maneuver around. A lot of stutter and freezes. I do have a pretty hefty desktop. I have a feeling you are going to hit a wall one of these days!

*only* 25 minutes?   You are one of the lucky ones :P

Offline ImaginerJeremy

• Amusement Park Enthusiast and RCT Retiree
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 03, 2021, 05:35 PM »
An amazing park! :D Great work to these incredible creators!
Creator of Pearl Heights : the Thrill Capital of 1970

Planet Infinity Discord Server: https://discord.gg/cqGtWFkFVR

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 03, 2021, 05:56 PM »
Thank you, ImaginerJeremy.   ;)  And thank you so much for taking those awesome screenshots for us!   B)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 03:11 AM by Fisherman »

« Reply #339 on: August 04, 2021, 08:07 AM »
looking good guys. love this project (I think I have said that a few times already)

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 04, 2021, 02:04 PM »
Thank you, Wowmanrct!

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 04, 2021, 04:09 PM »
Lovely project as always. I am just in love with the ball room! It is just so grand looking!  :o :up:

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 04, 2021, 09:16 PM »
Thanks, Plokoon111!  That ballroom is WolfTenor's baby!  Ha ha!

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 04, 2021, 09:34 PM »
Absolutely incredible!  You guys have done a fantastic job!  How you have the patients to do all the details inside the buildings is beyond me.  Sorry to say this is the first time I've commented on this park, been following the progress since it's start.  It just keep getting better and better...I watch the videos on TV with the Youtube app from my cable company, so much better than watching on my laptop.....Just FANTASTIC! 

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 04, 2021, 10:57 PM »
Thank you so much for that, Warcat!