• 401 replies
Re: Rose Lake Park - new things in the 1940s
« Reply #390 on: August 02, 2022, 05:17 AM »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 02, 2022, 06:32 AM »
Yup!  Those are the modern spin-offs that combine a cuddle up with a whip car.  Disney did have the Francis' Ladybug Boogie ride, which was a true cuddle up, but they don't have it anymore.

« Reply #392 on: August 03, 2022, 09:19 AM »
There is a working crazy daisy at Funland in Rehobeth Beach, DE. It's been there since the 1950's, I believe. Ride it almost every year with my daughter starting when she was three right up to today!

Fun ride! I can imagine what the original was like! They were right about the noise as well. Noisy as heck!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 09:22 AM by citytrader »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 03, 2022, 10:42 AM »
I hid some of those noisy Adventure Pack gears underneath mine and it sounds very much like the real ride ha ha!

In other news...here are some shots of the Rose Lake Racer, a John A. Miller Möbius track classic woodie, which dominates the peninsula where the Flying Turns once stood.

« Reply #394 on: August 03, 2022, 01:34 PM »
love it

« Reply #395 on: August 03, 2022, 02:13 PM »
Looks like the Kennywood Racer. Very nice.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 03, 2022, 03:11 PM »
Looks like the Kennywood Racer. Very nice.

Almost like looking in a mirror  ;)

Thanks, guys!!

Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 03:14 PM by Fisherman »

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 03, 2022, 11:25 PM »
Willow Grove Park in Willow Grove Pa had a Cuddle Up Ride. I rode it with friends each time visiting the park. We had 6 in the car on one visit and we spent the whole ride spinning as we switched from one disk to the other....Not feeling too good after that ride stopped, all had to sit until the dizzy feeling went away..No sooner stop spinning one way and the shifting of our weight had us start spinning the opposite direction.  All in all it was a pretty neat ride....Shame they don't make them anymore...can't really be any more intense than some of the flat rides out there now.  Glad to see that you included one in Rose Lake Park.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 11:28 PM by warcat »

« Reply #398 on: August 04, 2022, 12:46 PM »
All in all it was a pretty neat ride....Shame they don't make them anymore...can't really be any more intense than some of the flat rides out there now.  Glad to see that you included one in Rose Lake Park.
I think that is the problem! It's too "tame" for today's audiences. The few new ones are all kiddie rides now (Mater's, the Ladybug one, etc etc)

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 07, 2022, 08:18 PM »
I think that is the problem! It's too "tame" for today's audiences. The few new ones are all kiddie rides now (Mater's, the Ladybug one, etc etc)
   I think it they built one with the four turntables it would be more intense..We rode it another time and were on the darn thing for almost 5 or 6 minutes!  There was no line to get on it, we were there in the evening, so the operator just let it run to build up a crowd since we were all yelling at the top of lungs to stop the it so we could get off...All that darn spinning we were pretty dizzy not to mention having a headache when we finally got off....Guy thanks us as we left since we did build up a line to ride it!! 

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 01, 2022, 10:02 AM »
Unique and out-standing in every way. So much creativity and brilliant execution. I am totaly in love with thoose flood disaster picture. How is this even possible to create something like that with PlanCo. All custom build flat rides are marvellous as well and the architecture of the whole park is just mindblowing. It is pure joy and inspiration to watch the pictures. The editing and ReShade settings let appear the pictures like some art paintings.

greetz
zeroG
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 10:04 AM by zeroG »
NO MATTER YOUR CONDITION | IT´S ALWAYS YOUR MINDSET

« Reply #401 on: September 11, 2022, 03:41 AM »
That's a lot of work it seems, but the result is out of this world! One of the realest parks I've seen in PlanCo.  :love: