Rose Lake Park - 1949 video part 2 and park file are here!!

• 417 replies
Re: Rose Lake Park - new things in the 1940s
« Reply #390 on: August 02, 2022, 05:17 AM »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 02, 2022, 06:32 AM »
Yup!  Those are the modern spin-offs that combine a cuddle up with a whip car.  Disney did have the Francis' Ladybug Boogie ride, which was a true cuddle up, but they don't have it anymore.

« Reply #392 on: August 03, 2022, 09:19 AM »
There is a working crazy daisy at Funland in Rehobeth Beach, DE. It's been there since the 1950's, I believe. Ride it almost every year with my daughter starting when she was three right up to today!

Fun ride! I can imagine what the original was like! They were right about the noise as well. Noisy as heck!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 09:22 AM by citytrader »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 03, 2022, 10:42 AM »
I hid some of those noisy Adventure Pack gears underneath mine and it sounds very much like the real ride ha ha!

In other news...here are some shots of the Rose Lake Racer, a John A. Miller Möbius track classic woodie, which dominates the peninsula where the Flying Turns once stood.

« Reply #394 on: August 03, 2022, 01:34 PM »
love it

« Reply #395 on: August 03, 2022, 02:13 PM »
Looks like the Kennywood Racer. Very nice.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 03, 2022, 03:11 PM »
Looks like the Kennywood Racer. Very nice.

Almost like looking in a mirror  ;)

Thanks, guys!!

Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 03:14 PM by Fisherman »

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 03, 2022, 11:25 PM »
Willow Grove Park in Willow Grove Pa had a Cuddle Up Ride. I rode it with friends each time visiting the park. We had 6 in the car on one visit and we spent the whole ride spinning as we switched from one disk to the other....Not feeling too good after that ride stopped, all had to sit until the dizzy feeling went away..No sooner stop spinning one way and the shifting of our weight had us start spinning the opposite direction.  All in all it was a pretty neat ride....Shame they don't make them anymore...can't really be any more intense than some of the flat rides out there now.  Glad to see that you included one in Rose Lake Park.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 11:28 PM by warcat »

« Reply #398 on: August 04, 2022, 12:46 PM »
All in all it was a pretty neat ride....Shame they don't make them anymore...can't really be any more intense than some of the flat rides out there now.  Glad to see that you included one in Rose Lake Park.
I think that is the problem! It's too "tame" for today's audiences. The few new ones are all kiddie rides now (Mater's, the Ladybug one, etc etc)

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 07, 2022, 08:18 PM »
I think that is the problem! It's too "tame" for today's audiences. The few new ones are all kiddie rides now (Mater's, the Ladybug one, etc etc)
   I think it they built one with the four turntables it would be more intense..We rode it another time and were on the darn thing for almost 5 or 6 minutes!  There was no line to get on it, we were there in the evening, so the operator just let it run to build up a crowd since we were all yelling at the top of lungs to stop the it so we could get off...All that darn spinning we were pretty dizzy not to mention having a headache when we finally got off....Guy thanks us as we left since we did build up a line to ride it!! 

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 01, 2022, 10:02 AM »
Unique and out-standing in every way. So much creativity and brilliant execution. I am totaly in love with thoose flood disaster picture. How is this even possible to create something like that with PlanCo. All custom build flat rides are marvellous as well and the architecture of the whole park is just mindblowing. It is pure joy and inspiration to watch the pictures. The editing and ReShade settings let appear the pictures like some art paintings.

greetz
zeroG
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 10:04 AM by zeroG »
NO MATTER YOUR CONDITION | IT´S ALWAYS YOUR MINDSET

« Reply #401 on: September 11, 2022, 03:41 AM »
That's a lot of work it seems, but the result is out of this world! One of the realest parks I've seen in PlanCo.  :love:

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Rose Lake Park - 1949 video part 1 is here!!
« Reply #402 on: December 30, 2022, 07:55 AM »
A year and a half in the making!  Whew!  Wolf Tenor, MattDownes, RedLine682, and I have been working hard on Map 6 (1940-1949) of Rose Lake Park and it is now complete!  The map will be released shortly, but for now, enjoy Episode 6 - Part 1 on YouTube and some screenshots showing off some cool new things highlighted in this first of two videos!

In the 40s, Fishington Field was home to the Rose Lake Swans girl's pro baseball team!  Here they are playing their arch rivals, the Plancovia Buttercups!

The all-new Storybook Village replaced the park's Japanese Garden!

The Teddy Bear junior woodie, built into the hillside next to the Dragon coaster!

New main street shops and restaurants!

And the gorgeous new Stanley Wolf Botanical Gardens!

Stay tuned for more!

Re: Rose Lake Park - 1949 video part 1 is here!!
« Reply #403 on: December 30, 2022, 02:56 PM »
Pics looks great - will watch the video a bit later

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 30, 2022, 10:43 PM »
I just finished watching the video (Part 1). It's great hearing the team's banter again. I lost count how many times I laughed out loud (at least 3! haha). Simply amazing what you guys have done with Rose Lake Park over the years. Beautiful, funny, historic, informative; a wonderful accomplishment!

Corndog ponytails, croissant baseball mitts, raccoons on slides, upside-down graves, restrooms, restrooms, and more restrooms. The video didn't seem long at all. Thank you to the entire team.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: December 31, 2022, 04:57 AM »
Thank you, JB!  We always look forward to your feedback!  We appreciate it very much.  We're so glad you enjoyed the video (part 1)  :D

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Rose Lake Park - 1949 video part 2 and park file are here!!
« Reply #406 on: January 01, 2023, 06:49 AM »
Happy New Year, everyone!  Today, we proudly release the new park file for Rose Lake Park map 6, 1940 - 1949!

This park map represents the sixth chapter of the journey chronicling the life of Rose Lake Park from its humble beginnings as a picnic grove at the end of a trolley line near Peepsburgh in the heart of Plancovania, to the world renown destination amusement park it is today.

In 1949, the park celebrated its 50th anniversary. That year also marked the end of a dark decade in the world as the allied nations continued to recover and rebuild from World War II. Rose Lake Park had become an enjoyable diversion during the war for folks at home and troops on leave, and then a top family destination once the war was over. The park even kept the ballpark open when all the boys went to war with their own Rose Lake Swans joining the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League, their top rivals being the Plancovia Buttercups.

The park underwent some drastic changes during the 40s. The main Carousel Lawn area of the park became the Stanley Wolf Botanical Gardens, providing gorgeous vistas from the upper entrance area down into the main part of the park. To make room for the expansive gardens, several main street shops were relocated up to a new upper terrace overlooking the gardens from the west side. The Whip was relocated to the Boardwalk and given an all-new building by Red Line Rides Co. The Ferris Wheel was relocated across the path next to the Grasshopper and the Noah’s Ark was moved to the Fun Palace’s former corner and was given a thorough makeover with all new scenes and effects. Across from it was the brand-new Rotor thrill ride.

The Japanese Gardens became the delightful Storybook Village with its new puppet theater and train ride through nursery rhymes and stories for the kids. Down the path from Storybook Village were the new Teddy Bear junior wooden coaster and Kiddieland, which featured several Mangels kiddie rides and a kiddie mill with fanciful swan boats. Further down the path were the new Cuddle Up and games pavilion.

Lake Raamaw saw a few changes with Bearcat’s new entrance, a rowboat ride, and an all-new boathouse with a jazz bar on its upper level. The lake’s original 1899 boathouse and its upper apartment were converted into the fine dining establishment called the Mooring House. Across the way on the site where the Flying Turns once stood, the all-new Rose Lake Racer wooden coaster dominated the peninsula. And, on the far shore of Rose Lake, the park built an all-new Racing Derby Carousel, featuring high-speed horses that raced around the enormous ride. A new Eyerly Fly-O-Plane and Rock-O-Plane completed the area.

To celebrate the park’s 50th year in 1949, the park had a brand-new anniversary show in the Swan Pavilion amphitheater and grand fireworks show launched on Saturday nights from a barge on Rose Lake.

Get the park file here:  ​https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2892969021

And now enjoy part 2 of this maps video episode: 

And here are some cool screenshots of the new things highlighted in this second video:

The new refurbished and relocated Noah's Ark walkthrough attraction!

The Mooring House restaurant, the grand remodel of the park's original 1899 boathouse (starting with Wagi's original structure)!

The Allan Herschell Looper ride on Lake Raamaw!

The mighty Rose Lake Racer!

The new Prior and Church Racing Derby Carousel and its Westview Park-inspired plaza!

Some lovely overall park views!

Photo album with more screenshots:  https://imgur.com/a/mIrhttw

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 01, 2023, 10:29 PM »
What?! Only an hour and 12 minutes this time?! I was expecting another hour and a half episode... I feel cheated! I want my money back!!... OK, I'm joking. Another great video by the Rose Lake Park team.

Skeletonized fishermen, confused little girls, chipmunks roasting on an open fire, Wile E. Coyote, hippos farting green fumes, bug-eyed horses... this park has it all!

The Mooring House restaurant is like a world unto itself. So many levels, nooks, staircases, and secluded dining areas. A nice architectural mix of elegance and rustic motifs. I'd love to explore this restaurant in real life.

The Derby Racing Carousel looks wonderful! I've seen clips of the real thing in action ("Great Old Amusement Parks" video) and this looks remarkably accurate. Yeah, the horses are a little 'cubic' when viewed close up, but they're very realistically posed.

You showed us so many great things! Like the re-made, expanded Noah's Ark ride, the Rotor (I rode one of those, too. I got kinda queasy but I didn't puke), the Looper/Squirrel Cages, the Racer wooden coaster... whew!

A really great update, guys. Thanks.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 02, 2023, 03:56 AM »
So glad you enjoyed it, JB!!  Thank you for your nice comments.  We always appreciate your detailed feedback.  I think you're our number one fan.  :D

« Reply #409 on: January 02, 2023, 08:44 AM »
once again. love the shots, will watch the video later. The work here is amazing. Glad to see I'm not one of the only ones still working on huge projects in this game.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 02, 2023, 11:52 AM »
Thank you!

« Reply #411 on: January 03, 2023, 04:07 PM »
It's one fantastic park, one of the best I've ever seen in PC, but it just absolutely crawls on my new machine. Looks wonderful, but not really playable at all. The piece count must be ungodly!  ;D

It has been fun watching this park for 50 years! Let me know when you catch up to my age!!!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 03, 2023, 07:32 PM »
Ha ha ha ha!  Thanks.  And yeah.  It has gotten a little too big for its britches, huh?  Time to start burning more things down.  :P

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 08, 2023, 06:57 PM »
Just watched parts 1 and 2 of the new updates for the park.  Hooked up the laptop to the TV so I could get a good view all I can say is I'm so happy I did!  WOW! Looking at it on the laptop was great, on the 40 inch TV was EXCELLENT! Don't have a computer that could handle that size park but that doesn't mean that I  didn't enjoy looking at it even if not first hand by downloading it....Also have to say really enjoy the back and forth banter between you 3 guys....As for the amount of restroom, as least the peeps shouldn't complain they can't find one......Absolutely FANTASTIC!!  Can't wait until the next up to the park and see what you say you are all working on. EDIT:  My I suggest that everyone hook up the PC to a TV to get a look at the park,,,, believe you will be happy you did.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 09:27 PM by warcat »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 09, 2023, 07:55 AM »
Awww, thank you for that, Warcat!

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 09, 2023, 09:36 PM »
Awww, thank you for that, Warcat!
You are very welcome.....Praise of the park is very well deserved!  I don't know how all three of you guys have the patience's to add all the details that you do.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 11, 2023, 05:25 AM »
Looks wonderful Fisherman! It is nice to see you still working on this project. Everything is turning out lovely, love the history as well. Do you post your park anywhere else?

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 11, 2023, 12:55 PM »
Thank you! Just on the official Frontier forums and on some Discord servers.