A small Christmas park

• 8 replies
A small Christmas park
« on: December 15, 2019, 08:28 AM »
Last October, a member here released a cute little fall themed park entitled "Pumpkin Holidaypalooza".

I really enjoyed that cute little park, and thought it might be fun to "update" it seasonally for the holidays. With the original creators permission, I did just that.

I decided that everything in the park would stay exactly as it was, (even the cars have not moved  :) ), but it was all given a new holiday facade. The hay maze of course, rotted, and a couple of new rides were rented for the season to fill out the roster. All the booths and buildings were given some new dressings, and the lovable old haunted shack was re-purposed into a Santa meet and greet with fake gingerbread walls and a few decorations. The tractor ride which formally took guests out to the pumpkin patch now serves the cut your own tree area. A few attractions, like the hay slide, are closed for the season.

There were a couple of updates. A few new paths were added for ease of movement, and it was decided that street lights would be installed throughout the grounds not just for safety, but to allow night time operation of the rides.

It's mid-November, and although many of the trees still have their leaves, a light snow fell last night, giving a wonderful look to this quaint little park.

On to the pics;

The main entrance way;

Ticket booths;

Pay for your tree, get poinsettias, or purchase ornaments at the market.

For those too lazy to take the tractor ride, a selection of pre-cut trees is available;

Happy Holidays!

A small food court and a free bounce castle for the kids;

The small portable roller coaster has been relabeled the Santa Express;

A giant Christmas tree has been placed nearly the tot lot;

The haunted shack has been repurposed as a Santa meet and greet area, redocorated as a gingerbread house;

Bratwurst and hot cider!

Buy a hat, and have your free picture taken with Charles Dickens and his wife;

Free musical entertainment while yo eat;

Tractor takes guests out to the cut your own lot;

Two new rented portable rides set up on the grounds of the hay maze;

Here's the link to the park on the workshop;

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1800316448

Enjoy!

Re: A small Christmas park
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 10:11 AM »
Sneaky fellow...  I knew you were working on something, figured it was Coney Island and here you go and release an entire park at once.  I don't remember the original pumpkin patch (2018 was a LONG time ago ;)  ) but I think you honored the charm of a small project with something equally as charming.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 01:05 PM »
OMG this is so adorable!!!
 I love it!!

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 02:37 PM »
Thanks guys!

Also, thank you for reminding me, I forgot to post the link to the original park, Pumpkinpalooza;

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1552448406&searchtext=broacres

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 03:08 PM »
This is so great. It still absolutely has the flavour Jon gave it, but with the twist and magic dust you've applied, it's lifted to something else. It's just so cosy and adorable. Gimme more!!!

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 04:09 AM »
Looks great! Love the path with snow and the foot traffic effect on it!

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 02:47 PM »
Love the details - the poinsettias in the barrels, the Christmas trees leaning on the rack, the little details that really make this park say 'Christmas!"

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 11:03 PM »
Very charming.

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 08:22 AM »
It´s that clean and perfectly detailed design I could never achieve. For example in the picture of the portable coaster you´ve put some planters along and it´s not the special item of the game but with the red color it adds so much to the whole scene. And the green of the coaster and some parts of the station makes this composition perfect. I adore your special style since RCT. There is so much atmosphere in the pictures. The colors are wonderful as well and together with the white/brownish ground colors and the natural looking foliage and landscaping it creates a special vibe.

greetz
zeroG
NO MATTER YOUR CONDITION | IT´S ALWAYS YOUR MINDSET