RealTycoon3.com is dead.

• 12 replies

Offline TheCoasterGuy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
RealTycoon3.com is dead.
« on: December 24, 2019, 05:32 PM »
Since September 2019, RealTycoon3 has not been updated. I just went through the forums yesterday and there hasn't been a single update. I'm guessing that on January 14, 2020, the site will no longer be available. If anyone wants to still download CTs on there, it would be recommended to do so before January 14th.

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
Re: RealTycoon3.com is dead.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 06:40 PM »
As of tonight, 1/19/2020. RealTycoon3 CT downloads are still open and available.

Offline rastan

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 09:18 PM »
Hi  ;)   on the 12 january 2021 it still here !! Download are still open and available hope it continues
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 09:26 PM by rastan »

Offline TheCoasterGuy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 09:38 PM »
I was correct. RealTycoon3.com has shut down.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 10:31 AM »
So I guess that leaves the cs depot as the last man standing for rct3 content.  :(

Offline WellBraxton

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2022, 10:17 AM »
2022 and looking for Real Tycoon CT's and CTR's  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

HELP!

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2022, 03:04 PM »
2022 and looking for Real Tycoon CT's and CTR's  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

HELP!

What CT's do you need?

Offline WellBraxton

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2022, 12:16 PM »
What CT's do you need?

Thanks for replying, I wish I had all the CT's from Real Tycoon, but Bunshee, Montezum would already be awesome!

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2022, 10:12 PM »
Thanks for replying, I wish I had all the CT's from Real Tycoon, but Bunshee, Montezum would already be awesome!
Same I wish I had all of them too!  :'( If anyone has any please share them! <3

Offline francescoaster

• Custom Content for Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2022, 04:37 PM »
Hi guys,

Well, I still have them, sort of.

My old copy of the game is still in my hard drive and I still fire it up every now and then. All the CTs I made are still there, and so are most of good old RealTycoon3's (CoasterInc).
I made this LARGE archive containing all the files related to those CTs (At least I hope I included them all). I'm too lazy to try making installation packages for every single CT. There are hundreds of them...

https://mega.nz/file/XMAnHTBB#N1v7J94hh8Udtl9cL3CvERPL06nmj13AWZroynwEt7w

Basically what you are left to do, is:

Find the right track files for the CT you are looking for inside the archive (For example Montezum):

TrackCTR folder:     Tracks-TrackedRides\TrackCTR_FC-MontezumCT   (contains the models for the track sections)
CTR folder:               Tracks-TrackedRides\CTR_MontezumCT                  (contains the CTR ride definition file)
Scenery folder:        StyleThemed\FrancescoasterMontezumCTCSO     (contains supports and other scenery if present).

All of these are required for a CT to work. You'll have to guess the right names for every file. Most are self explanatory, at least most of CoasterInc's work.

Copy these to the right locations in your RCT3 installation directory.
If it works, you are all good. Otherwise you'll likely be missing some CTR-cars files.

You can try to copy the whole content of the CARS-TRC folder in the archive to your Cars\TrackedRideCars folder, or use CTR-Creator's "Recover lost BahnDaten from Ride OVLs" function to inspect the ride OVL you just copied and see which CTR cars are required for that CT.
You can also try to read the names opening the ".common.ovl" file with a text editor (notepad++ should be fine). But keep on mind that there are no spaces or separators and it can be quite difficult to read. And don't try to edit or save the file, just read from it.

Here's the location of the car names (selected text) inside the .common.ovl file.

You can also see the ingame name and description just before the car names.

I also have older backups of the RCT3 folder, so if you find any other missing files, just post here. I'll look if I can help.

And please take notice that these files are provided "as is". Take a full backup of your game folder and save files before trying to use them. I have !! NOT !! tested these files. Your game may crash, and likely will, so I strongly suggest to avoid using these CTs in production park files before trying them in an empty park.

And if you try to install the whole package to avoid errors, I'm quite sure everything will work, but the game will take much longer times to load. I think it's safer to just grab the files related to the CTs you are looking for.

If still having troubles looking for CTR Car files, this archive may be useful too. It's an older backup, may contain some unreleased and untested CTRs, only use in case of errors.
https://mega.nz/file/nQoHiAiD#1GSGKhZ_qfigkMQAbSURRd6_oiAGNtO0pF4StW9zE7k

If you are still getting crashes and you are sure all required CTR cars are in place, make sure you have Flat stations installed, as some CTs require them.

If you manage to get some CTs working, then have fun. If you want, take note of the files used by that CT, zip them up and feel free to share them on CS-depot.

Yours truly,
FrancesCoaster
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 04:44 PM by francescoaster »

Offline Gravquian

• Herbie Popnecker / The Fat Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2022, 08:20 PM »
Hey Y'all;

Try the following link. Positive I've posted this b4...

Click Here

or goto

https://web.archive.org/web/20080511005645/http://realtycoon3.com/realtycoon3/Forum2/index.php?PHPSESSID=307284cb35a909613e38d7563ddec2c1&action=downloads

Can't promise any links will still be active. No risk, no gain (as "they" say).

« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 08:24 PM by Gravquian »
Cafe.Naver  File  Downloading  Tutorial  ... http://www.shyguysworld.com/Archive/index.php/topic,12722.0.html
 Shameful plugs: Gravquian's Generics & Gravquian's Rug Thread

" A novel set, requires more than novice experience! "

Offline Rob72

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2022, 02:18 AM »
Here's what I have.  I don't think they all came from the same site though.  ;)

https://mega.nz/folder/WhkSjDaD#oTpMxp4NZVlUCh-7uF0GpA

Offline francescoaster

• Custom Content for Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2022, 03:36 AM »
Here's what I have.  I don't think they all came from the same site though.  ;)

https://mega.nz/folder/WhkSjDaD#oTpMxp4NZVlUCh-7uF0GpA

That's perfect!  :w00t: