Discussion: What type of parks are the hardest to create?

• 4 replies

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
Hey everyone! One thing I want to try is to create discussion questions catered to this realm of SGW. Instead of writing full length reports, I would like to see what other members of the community think about various topics that could potentially allow everyone to learn.

As for the discussion question:

The type of parks that I feel are the hardest to craft are studio parks. We do not have a plethora of custom content to create these kinds of parks, but they are not impossible. For me, sticking with a company for a studio park can be either easy or difficult based on how detailed you want to be with your creation.

My Disney's Hollywood Studios park is an example I have a hard time getting the right mixture of concepts instead of random IP's. I prefer a flow in a studios park instead of soundstages with random themes. I do like the direction WDI is going with the real life studio theme parks, and that is the angle I wish to go with.

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion: What type of parks are the hardest to create?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 08:11 PM »
I believe the hardest to create also is adventure parks such as Disney's Animal Kingdom and Busch Gardens. Our zoo content isn't as good, thus giving us more creators blocks. In addition, I also believe creating a park with no central theme. This would be your normal amusement park companies such as Cedar Fair and Six Flags. When creating a park with no central theme, you are free to build what you want. The freedom can get overwhelming.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 08:20 PM »
I think any attempt at re-creating a real-world park would be the hardest to do. The architecture and theming, specific to that park, is almost impossible to create in RCT(1,2,3). A few specific custom pieces are available, but not all. Then you have to 'make do' with something else that doesn't quite fit the bill. Also, it seems quite difficult to capture the proper look and feel of a real park. And then there's the rides- Because of the limitations of the game engine, tracked rides rarely match the real-world version. Again, you have to 'make do' with what you have. And you have to do a lot of research on the real park to get it right.

For those reasons, I have never made a real-world re-creation of a park. Nearly all the rides in my parks pay homage to Disney attractions (most of those attractions are now extinct). Some of the rides I create even have the same names as the Disney attractions. But none of them are true re-creations, rather, I try to capture the feel of the original; maybe even improve on the original, since money is no object in a sandbox park.

Offline planetthrilldude57

• Always on the move
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 08:28 PM »
I don't think there's really a "hardest to create for me". For me my biggest obstacle when creating any park is lack of motivation or can't get my creative juices flowing for a specific area. I (personally) am not a huge fan of recreating real life parks as they limit you in the creative department. (I have nothing against Disney recreation parks, they are all fantastic, but it's never been my thing to do). I'm the type of person that's very avant garde with my parks or buildings/structures. I think that is really where I shine in terms of creating anything in rct3.

Make the magic happen

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 09:15 AM »
I would have to agree with JB on this one. As I am currently recreating a real world park right now, I can tell you first hand it is one of the hardest things to accomplish in RCT3. The process is not easy and requires a lot of time researching the park's layout and the many details within the park. The resources that I will use most frequently are Google Maps Street View, YouTube, and Google Images. All of these allow me to reference the park while I am building in RCT3. Making sure every element is accurate to the real thing. There are also some compromises that have to be made when building as there are limits to what can be accomplished in RCT3. Certain rides like Transformers can not be effectively created as it is almost all screen based. In the end though, I still find it a very fun process as it is provides a challenge to create something that seems impossible.