One Last Great Park

• 15 replies
One Last Great Park
« on: February 26, 2020, 02:32 PM »
PROLOGUE

Over a decade has come and gone since I first began creating in RollerCoaster Tycoon 3. The majority of over 1000 hours of that gameplay has been spent in a single park: Blackheart's Cove

This park is the culmination of enjoyment that I've had playing, and while not finished, it's complete enough that I would like to share it with the rest of you. This community is getting a special preview, being the first brand new audience for the newly created youtube channel specifically dedicated to showcasing Blackheart's Cove.

This creation has migrated with me across computers and operating systems. It has seen crashes and virus's destroy it almost completely. The only way I'm able to bring you this park is from a complete reinstall of my operating system, a complete data wipe of almost everything I had and a fresh, brand new install of windows with ONLY RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 installed. The campaign files were lost in the process, but thankfully, all the actual park files still remained and were recovered.

What I bring to you now is everything I've learned about this game. All the little tricks and shortcuts in both hiding and displaying certain scenery and objects, editing, playing with the camera system and using custom scenery... everything I have learned is showcased in this park.

Before previewing Blackheart's Cove, there are a few things I'd like you to know about me and the park itself. I'm more fantastical in my construction and creation, and although I have dialed it back over the years (hitting to something a bit closer to realism), I'd still say there's plenty of fantastical elements involved.

I have tried to find very unique locations and placements for the coasters and their tracks, with a specific emphasis on the ride experience itself. EVERY coaster has been changed and reworked, some over half a dozen times after their supposed "completion". There are still final passes needed on 3 of the 6 coasters inside the park, and several hours worth of detailing work on the path system, field area / amphitheater, shops, concessions and of course, the water park.

What you can expect to come is a series of videos designed to encapsulate Blackheart's Cove inside a viewable media, because after the series is completed, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 will be deleted in order to begin work on my new project inside of Planet Coaster. These videos are more for my own personal preservation of a hobby I've spent WAY too much time on, but I also couldn't help but sharing.

I present to you my last great park inside RollerCoaster Tycoon 3

« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 02:37 PM by RCT3HEX »

Re: One Last Great Park
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 02:34 PM »
POV'S

Nebel Rosa:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 04:58 PM by RCT3HEX »

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 02:34 PM »
Documentaries

Nebel Rosa Documentary:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 06:40 PM by RCT3HEX »

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 02:34 PM »
Unscripted Media

Titan Omega Station Rework:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 07:55 AM by RCT3HEX »

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 06:37 PM »
This is fantastic! Good luck with Planet Coaster!

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 06:20 AM »
This is fantastic! Good luck with Planet Coaster!

Thanks mate! Much more to come  ;)

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 09:26 AM »
Just watched the video and I must say this is pretty cool! Love the concept you have with the island layout and landscaping. Look forward to seeing more.

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 11:07 PM »
Not worth the effort to finish. This can be deleted at moderators discretion.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2020, 07:01 PM »
Oh no! I was excited to see more on this.  :(

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 04:52 PM »
Well, if you guys aren't going to delete this, guess I'll keep working on it :) Thanks guys, really.

Anyways, here's the first POV of the first completed coaster inside Blackheart's Cove: Nebel Rosa. A few more details can be found in the video description.

Offline planetthrilldude57

• Building and rebuilding visions
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2020, 05:23 PM »
Well, if you guys aren't going to delete this, guess I'll keep working on it :) Thanks guys, really.

Anyways, here's the first POV of the first completed coaster inside Blackheart's Cove: Nebel Rosa. A few more details can be found in the video description.

Just watched the pov. Absolutely amazing! So many twists and turns to make this ride exhilarating!

Make the magic happen

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2020, 06:09 PM »
Looks like some thrilling attractions! I do see the fantasy aspect in your creation, and it contributes to the amount of thrills in a great way! Well done.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2020, 08:02 PM »
Glad to see you decided to keep working on it! Excellent work so far!  :)

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2020, 07:44 AM »
Just watched the pov. Absolutely amazing! So many twists and turns to make this ride exhilarating!

Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed it. Fast and intense all the way through is what I was going for. The smallest coaster in the park but it really packs in the punches.

Looks like some thrilling attractions! I do see the fantasy aspect in your creation, and it contributes to the amount of thrills in a great way! Well done.

Thank you! A lot of my work is coming up with these wild ideas, and then coming back through with several passes of refinement. But I always like to keep up the speed on my coasters hehe

Glad to see you decided to keep working on it! Excellent work so far!  :)

Much obliged and thanks for the encouragement! Going to try to do a POV and a documentary video about each coaster. I'm super lazy but we'll try for it lol

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2020, 07:45 AM »
Titan Omega Station Rework:

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2020, 06:39 PM »
Nebel Rosa Documentary: