Question on Error Code in Park Cleanup

• 8 replies

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
Question on Error Code in Park Cleanup
« on: April 08, 2020, 06:20 PM »
I hope this is the right place to post this, if not mods please move it to the correct place. Thanks   I  just downloaded a park and ran it through the version of Park Cleanup that I have, V 2.0.0 Updated May 13,2013.  I did a  Clean UP and saved the new .dat file and ran it again.  I get the following message: " OVL not found: style/theme/style".   I did get another message, I was missing a custom scenery, found it and put it in the correct file in the game but this message came up again, it was listed the first time I ran the game through Park Cleanup.  Any idea on what I need to do? Thanks in advance for any all the help. 

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Error Code in Park Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 08:06 PM »
Hey, warcat. Just wondering- Does the cleaned file load and run OK in RCT3? (Some scenery would probably be missing). Can you load the original, uncleaned park file?

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 11:34 PM »
Hey, warcat. Just wondering- Does the cleaned file load and run OK in RCT3? (Some scenery would probably be missing). Can you load the original, uncleaned park file?
I tried to load the clean file but it gets to  "Active objects" to 87% and the game crashes.  The "original" file loads to "Active objects" to 90% and crashes.  I'm using a free copy, not the Pro copy of Smart Game Booster. I run that program and then run RCT3 Platinum.   Trying to run the game without using Smart Game Booster gives me the same results, the game crashes at the same point while loading either the original or the clean version. 

Offline francescoaster

• Custom Content for Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 05:07 AM »
It's strange, I used to have problems with park cleanup, but never had errors with style/themed/style... Try loading the backup park file. If I remember right rct3 make a backup dat file in the parks directory. Just remove the .BAK from the file name and try loading in rct3. If it loads you know your park file got corrupt.

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 03:58 PM »
It's strange, I used to have problems with park cleanup, but never had errors with style/themed/style... Try loading the backup park file. If I remember right rct3 make a backup dat file in the parks directory. Just remove the .BAK from the file name and try loading in rct3. If it loads you know your park file got corrupt.
I tried your suggestion using the .BAK file, sorry to say no luck. I uninstalled the park from the game, changed the .BAK file(removed the .BAK)  re-installed into Documents/RCT3/New Scenarios. Started the game and game crashed at the same % of load. Ran the "new" park file through Park Cleanup and same error message. Did a "Cleanup the park files" to both versions and still the same error message.

Offline francescoaster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 02:40 AM »
If that didn't do the trick, it must be caused by some missing custom content. Maybe path extras, ride events, CFRs or anything except static CS (which usually are ignored by the game if missing). May I ask what park are you using? If you can give me a link I can try to find it's dependencies.

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 07:23 PM »
If that didn't do the trick, it must be caused by some missing custom content. Maybe path extras, ride events, CFRs or anything except static CS (which usually are ignored by the game if missing). May I ask what park are you using? If you can give me a link I can try to find it's dependencies.
   The park is on the RCTgo site.....here is the link https://rctgo.com/downloads/view/emerald-treasure.19823
I see 2 "likes" so I guess 2 people managed to open it.  I only had the 2 errors show up and I did download the custom scenery I was missing, he doesn't mention it in his list of CS he used, (eagles soars custom stalls), I downloaded both.  The other error I got was the "style/theme/style" error. 

Offline francescoaster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 03:29 AM »
Found why the style\themed\style error occurs. The error is a badly installed CS set.

The author of the park installed ralfvieh's fountains in the themed directory.

https://www.customscenerydepot.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=3909

If you need to open that park urgently, just install it two times. One on the right folder (Style\Themed\Ralfvieh_s_Fountains) and one on Style\Themed only. That way you will end up with Style.common.ovl and Style.unique.ovl in the themed directory.

But please notice that this is not a good way to go, it will corrupt ALL your parks.

I'm pretty sure nobody managed to open it, as there are lots of CS sets and custom vendors that are needed to open the park, and not listed in the readme.

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2020, 12:16 PM »
Found why the style\themed\style error occurs. The error is a badly installed CS set.

The author of the park installed ralfvieh's fountains in the themed directory.

https://www.customscenerydepot.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=3909

If you need to open that park urgently, just install it two times. One on the right folder (Style\Themed\Ralfvieh_s_Fountains) and one on Style\Themed only. That way you will end up with Style.common.ovl and Style.unique.ovl in the themed directory.

But please notice that this is not a good way to go, it will corrupt ALL your parks.

I'm pretty sure nobody managed to open it, as there are lots of CS sets and custom vendors that are needed to open the park, and not listed in the readme.
Thank you for getting to the bottom of the error. I've gotten that error on several other parks I've tried to see, I just like to see what other parks are like that's why I download them. I'm guessing then that others have done the same with the CS being install the same as you said this author did.  I do have that CS but installed correctly.  I'll just delete the park, don't want to see it that badly that it will corrupt ALL my parks.....Thank You so much for your help.  I do have another question I'm sure you could answer but I'll wait, has to deal with my OWN parks and why I can't open them.  Thanks Again!   :D