Mellow Mesa - WIP

• 7 replies

Offline Sven

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Mellow Mesa - WIP
« on: April 14, 2020, 08:44 AM »
Hello everybody!

New member, new park (I will introduce myself later). Mellow Mesa is a mostly western themed park on a budget. I’ve gotten a massive amount of inspiration from Attractiepark Slagharen, but I will try not to replicate too much. It’s my first attempt at a full Planet Coaster park, so I hope you all can give me some tips and tricks along the way! I like to give every build some narrative, so it makes sense why it’s there and why it looks a certain way. Everything you will see here today could change in the future, because I like to do that sometimes. Enjoy!

Entrance area (main gate is based on Darian Lake’s entrance). The entrance area of the park would be one of the park's later additions, maybe a recent refurbishment. They also added a coaster near the entrance.

An information desk on the parks main square and the start of “mainstreet’’ (this is almost an exact replica of the information desk at Attractiepark Slagharen). This building would be the park's oldest building, housing some small offices for the guest relations staff. It also houses the park’s first aid post. It could use a refurbishment, but the park never wanted to waste money on it.

The first building of mainstreet and the first food outlet of the park (also almost an exact replica of a random building in Attractiepark Slagharen). Part of the mainstreet area of the park, which would be nicely maintained over the years. Here the guests have the chance to eat a fast snack or a sandwich on a to go kind of establishment.

Looking forward to your comments and hope to see you soon with another update.

Offline iEddiez

• Curly Hair, Glasses and a Sense of Humour
    • View Profile
    • Loud Adventures Blog
Re: Mellow Mesa - WIP
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 03:48 AM »
Looks like a great start!

Offline Sven

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 02:16 PM »
Hello everybody!

I worked on the mainstreet area of the park for some more. Without further delays:

Carousel, probably the oldest ride in the park. It was a fairground ride that was bought by the grandfather of the current owner. The park did build a cover for it so it would need less maintenance.

Screaming Hawk, about 10 years ago the park needed to add a thrilling ride for the young adults. They choose to close down a restaurant to use the seating area for the ride and the indoor area for the queue. Weird choice hah? But the restaurant was closed most of the time anyway due to staffing issues. Ow and by the way, to get enough funds for the ride it is sponsored by Chief Beef Burgers.

Looking forward to your comments and hope to see you soon with another update.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 02:29 PM »
Clever idea, to repurpose the restaurant and its outdoor eating area for the ride. As they say: "Waste not, want not."

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 02:42 PM »
Nice start. Bring it on  :)
On paper we have the best team of the world! It's a pitty we don't play on paper...

Offline Sven

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 09:25 AM »
Hello everybody!

A small update today, I finished the spinning roller coaster near the entrance area. The spinning roller coaster would be the park's latest addition to the park replacing an old kiddie coaster. The ride is an familie ride so it isn’t super big or fast.

That’s it for today, more is coming but it requires much more work, it will take some time.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 11:21 AM by Sven »

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 09:10 AM »
I think your image went up in a clout somewhere  ;)
On paper we have the best team of the world! It's a pitty we don't play on paper...

Offline Sven

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 11:22 AM »
Something went wrong, but the screenshot is up again.