Any Way To Turn Off Camera Perspective?

• 6 replies

Offline curinir

• True nobility is being superior 2 your former self
    • View Profile
Any Way To Turn Off Camera Perspective?
« on: April 20, 2020, 08:04 AM »
 I'm absolutely obsessed with RCT3, but it does have its limitations, so I was looking forward to buying PC when I get a new rig.

However, there is one thing that is massively turning me off from this. After looking at many PC screenshots online, I noticed that they all suffer (in my eyes) from the horrible camera perspective problem that plagues photographs. This is the effect of objects that are closer to the camera appearing much larger than they actually are and objects that are further away from the camera appearing much smaller than they actually are.  A few examples:

This effect bugs me that much that I will simply not buy the game if the perpective distortion cannot be turned off somehow, so my question is, is there a way to return to a normal life-like perspective, either in game or via mods? Or if not, is it theorectically possible to create a mod that could fix this?

TLDR: Is there any way to turn off perspective distortion in PC?

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
Re: Any Way To Turn Off Camera Perspective?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 09:28 AM »
Ooh man, you opened my eyes  :no:

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 04:34 PM »
I don't have the game either, curinir. so I can't really answer your question. But I've noticed the distortion you're referring to, and I dislike it almost as much as you. Especially buildings that are near the left or right edge of the screen; they look like they're leaning. Which can be confusing because sometimes the building really is leaning (it was built that way on purpose), so you can't always tell if it's meant to be that way.

Having said that, I think the distortion effect is minimized (or eliminated) by placing the camera in a certain way. I think (from looking at the images that others have posted) that the distortion is most noticeable when the camera is placed near the ground. So elevating the camera a bit will reduce the distortion... I think. The distortion wouldn't stop me from purchasing the game, but there are other things (omissions) that do; for now anyway.

Offline curinir

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 05:34 PM »
OK thanks for the reply JB. Unfortunately, the camera position seems high enough to me in this pic:

The same post on Reddit shows that he has found a kind of mini, very temporary workaround where you could place a block in the sky and zoom right in on it. This eliminates perpective, but wouldn't be at all practical for me as I spend a LOT of time whilst playing just looking around. I'll just have to hope this means a mod or official fix is possible.

BTW, love your content, especially 'TimeTrek'.  :up:

Offline curinir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 06:29 AM »
Anyone else have any info on this?

Offline iEddiez

• Curly Hair, Glasses and a Sense of Humour
    • View Profile
    • Loud Adventures Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 03:52 AM »
Anyone else have any info on this?

This is probably not an option.

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 06:08 PM »
Yeah, I'd love to have that perspective back too!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 06:51 PM by cerealfruitcakes »