• 21 replies

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
    • LD Creative - Thème park Designer
[ZIG-ZOU] City Of Fire | Trackless Dark Ride
« on: April 22, 2020, 01:32 PM »
Good morning to you all  :D

Confinement or not I let myself be tempted a few weeks ago by the return to video games, universe that I had abandoned for almost 10 years since I stopped RCT3 permanently. At the time I had really abused this game where I had made about fifty creation, of which a good pair in video I tested the limits of the game by pushing some concept of attraction in the form of a mini film with a storyline and a particular attention to video editing.

So as said just above, the relapse was done a few months ago when I discovered Parkitect and Roller coaster tycoon world, yes I felt a lot of fun to make the different scenarios of the games, with a certain nostalgia rct3.

But the creation itself did not interest me because I know how long it takes but I do not really have time for myself. In 2016 I had downloaded to steam the beta version of planet coaster, at the time there were not yet visitors in the park, and I could not make the scenarios.

Here’s the little story, now, let’s talk to the present  :D

I confess to being totally excited by Planet coaster, both on the realism of possible sets, and on the design part of the coaster. The scenarios are cool, but what I prefer and what I really miss is to create not parks but attractions, aesthetically beautiful to make nice videos. Surfing on Youtube (for many hours  :P ) I was amazed at what was possible to do with the game, the possibilities are crazy  :o This really made me envi to get back to it. So even though the design looks a lot harder than in rct3 (exit ground grids and limited placements ...) I really take that as a new challenge  ::)

What I would like to do right now is really dark-ride, because that’s what I like the most about the coasters in the parks, but the coasters in planet coaster, everyone in fact, too many people even while the dark-ride is a bit left out. What I would like to try now is to use trackless technology for dark-ride as in Efteling, Disney for Ratatouille, ... Another challenge, managing the dark-ride lighting very accurately, something I didn’t do too much in the past under rct3. The still planet coaster offers a really awesome tool on top  :love:

The first source of inspiration, the magical or dark stories, the dark-ride transform at Universal studio Orlando, Spiderman at Island of adventure in Orlando, Symbolica at Efteling to name a few:) I’m going to do some tests in sandbox mode in the next few days to get back on track with this new game and see how to put my ideas into the game. The goal is really to share the backdrop of my future creations. Something I did not do in the past or I delivered my creations without any stage point. I hope I don’t pick myself up, seeing the beautiful creations blooming all over the world. There are a lot of creators who do a fabulous job with this game, I’m amazed  :w00t:

I will integrate 6 screens in the scenic route to give more depth to the scenery without eating a crazy place. For this, the videos I will use will be made in Planet-Coaster also but elsewhere on the map, I will make the scenes and sets that I want to put on the screens and I will film from left to right or from right to left to synchronize the movement with that of the dark-ride once in place so it doesn’t swear. Once the video is done for each scene, I will integrate it directly into the video editing by doing "chrominance inlay" via my software Sonyvegaspro 13

I started this project three weeks ago, so I’m going to show you the images in chronological order  :yes:

Here is the station and the first 30 meters of the dark-ride. Seen from above, this is what it gives for now. Concerning the rail of the dark-ride  :)

This is the loading dock. Note that I have installed smoke effects in the piping like the launch area of Blue-Fire in Europappark. I couldn’t deactivate the effect when I took the photos. Probably because its effects are not yet set in relation to the attraction  :)

Let’s continue with the continuation of my dark-ride, in an urban atmosphere  ::)

Here is the installation of the first screen of the attraction. For now I work only on setting up the sets, I will do the lighting and setting of the animatronics at the last moment  ::)

Creation of the second screen, or this time, it will integrate behind two large hangar doors that will open at the last moment, revealing the decor that I will integrate on it  :)

I spent the afternoon there and I miss half of this scene. Right now, there is only the left side. Here’s what it looks like, from the inside where I built the sets, and the outside, seen from the dark-ride with the inlay behind the big removable hangar doors  ;)

The next scene in construction  :up:

The 2 new rooms almost closed. I was able to make the first light tests. And the least we can say is that it is a treat. My pc is rowing to death but it is so kiffant and especially sharp, much more than RCT3 where the lighting was more or less slimy everywhere on the sets. The it is precise, we have real black areas, the depth in the whole, it is really nice this game, I love :drool: To me to do well now the lighting, it will be a first for me, finally a short first because this creation is the very first I do on Planet Coaster, I discover all the possibilities of the game  :love:

I also tested some video, integrating 3/4 TV and screen in my decor. At night with a pretty nice light, it’s harmonious I find. Test conclusive. To see what it looks like you’ll still have to wait, and to do so, here is another series of photos of the last room realized for the moment  :)

I will soon work on the identity of my dark-ride by finding it a name (if you have an idea), and a small logo. The storyline, I do it while building my sets, I imagine as I go along. A very different way of doing what I usually do in "real", we will see at the end what it gives  :up:

Here’s the attraction line.
So here, no beef park, a small queue, composed of 3 large themed corridors. 2 of the 3 are already done, and I will introduce them to you now.

View of the area I have yet to make of the queue and the first decorated corridor  ;)

Access to the 3rd corridor by a small staircase that goes down and goes up immediately. A dark-ride rail goes over it is for this:

And third corridor leading directly to the boarding platform of my attraction  ::)

On the tv I will certainly make a small video with either the safety instructions, or some video of the inside of the attraction, as a kind of teasing of what awaits the visitors. You probably noticed, there is on one of the corridors of the queue a single rider file, I made a special route in the line to eu.

Today I will continue the dark-ride in itself. See you soon  :up:
Time for the photos:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 12:09 PM by Zig Zou »

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
Re: ZIG-ZOU |New Trackless Dark-ride
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 12:04 PM »
That’s it, I just found a name and a visual identity for my dark-ride, so it will answer the sweet name of City Fire - The Amazing Adventure  :w00t:

Today I focused on a part of the dark-ride in a very cinematic style, the equivalent of 3D projections in dark-ride spiderman, transform expensive Universal, that is with movements that are not possible with the trackless system. Once the video capture is complete I will use the video to add it to a screen in my attraction. My computer is rowing to death, I really don’t know how I’m going to get a smooth video though. At night it’s a horror  :o

I worked a little on the lighting of the new place I did today, and the light + the night = a jerky image every 2 seconds, it’s unmanageable. So I am on the game on pause to avoid having too much movement and that it is even worse. I saw on youtube a tutorial to make it possible to still make a smooth video capture, but the I feel that it is not won at all for me  :'(

Well, after the wailing wall, here are several new images of what I did today, and night  :D
First photo test with lighting :

As a reminder, what you saw just above is not in the dark-ride scenery, finally around the rails. I did this on another map not to overload the one where I mainly work  :)

Re: [ZIG-ZOU] City Of Fire | Trackless Dark Ride
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 05:19 PM »
wow - looks great - can't wait for a video

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 05:12 AM »
Very cool to see some work from you in PlanCo and it´s nice to hear you are excited about PlanCo...it´s a great game although it´s missing some improvements.
The pictures looking fantastic, even most of them are WIP.
I always loved your work in RCT and it seems you´re continuing it flawless into PlanCo
The concept of the ride ist very exciting and the detailed shots of the chaotic street scenery are amazing.

greetz
zeroG
NO MATTER YOUR CONDITION IT´s ALWAYS YOUR MINDSET

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 03:41 AM »
Thanks to both of you for your support. I’m having a blast with this game. Unfortunately my computer is not too made for video games, it is not optimized for, the conditions of creations are not necessarily good, but when I see the tiny possibilities of the game, it comforts me to go forward  :D

I come with something new, because I was able to redo the building that I had suppressed by working on a better perspective. We will see in the distance, among other things, an aerial metro like Gotam City. I also made some modifications to a room and the surroundings of the 2nd projection screen. The photos were taken during the day. I haven’t worked on the lighting on the passages yet  ::)

And finally, a new room, I programmed a little special effects sequence. I would also like to make a light program and not have my lights fixed  ;)

:)

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 04:35 PM »
Good evening to you all  ;D

Today I attacked a new part of the dark-ride that was not originally planned. I got an idea by flipping through the catalog of expensive Simworx and other immersive tunnel technology providers, and I thought it would be nice to use a system like this for my attraction  :)

Indeed the goal and still to make an attraction as realistic as possible, I would like to be able to still have sets with a wide perspective and with big elements, but all of which fit into a small building. Unfortunately we all know that if we have fun doing big things, whether it’s on rct3 or Planet coaster it takes up space. That’s why I wanted to use giant screens and ... immersive tunnel.

To show you what this could give here is a little visual below before I work on the visual that will be all around the track of my trackless dark-ride. The passengers will thus pass on a scrap bridge, a kind of pedestrian bridge over a road crossing the city that I call City Of Fire for the occasion  :)

Pour rappel, voici quelques visuels du principe de fonctionnement dans la vie réelle :

About the storytelling I’m still thinking about it. It will probably be a gang story, a fierce battle between good and evil, but here no superhero. I do with what I have at hand in planet coaster  :lol: Anyway I will try to do for the better when the video will be about to release   :up:

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 05:10 PM »
Good evening to you all,

I keep moving forward on the lighting of my dark-ride City Fire trackless on Planetcoaster. The sets when to had have so to speak not moved since the last update of April 25   :)

I had a little fun on the last one to touch up a few little tricks on the textures of the walls. Too bad I can’t really have what I want and imagine in the game:

:)

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 12:08 PM »
Hello  :)

Last burst of photos before a softer period in terms of update because my game row so much (it’s a horror) that too bad, I will build the end of my dark-ride on another map. In the video editing we will obviously not see the subterfuge but I have no choice if I want to complete this project successfully. So here are the rest of the sets on what I had left to highlight.

Now I will attack following the construction of the sets, There are 5-6 scenes to realize, it comes good   :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 05:10 PM by Zig Zou »

Offline JackJones

• Smile More!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 10:26 PM »
Mon dieu Zig-Zou, je me revois quelques années en arrière sur UOR! :D

I'll speak in english for the rest of this post, so as you always do and always did, your creation are simply beautiful and original! Can't wait to see the final result that looks very promising! :up:

Offline iEddiez

• Curly Hair, Glasses and a Sense of Humour
    • View Profile
    • Loud Adventures Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2020, 02:40 AM »
I am so excited to see this

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2020, 12:09 PM »
So good to see you back ZigZou (I still fondly remember Eden Log!). This looks fantastic. The sets look really intricate.

Offline RCT D!

• Creator of Grimestone Mine - The VAULT - Periculum
    • View Profile
    • RCT D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2020, 06:04 PM »
Oh wow, what a comeback. Like that a lot, looks so detailed and realistic. The ride must be something huge and never seen in this game!

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2020, 06:11 AM »
Thanks to you for your reactions when to my dark-ride. Even after almost 1 month without news you are still the it makes pleasure :D

Mon dieu Zig-Zou, je me revois quelques années en arrière sur UOR! :D

And thanks to the non-French members I have known in the past with rct3 on this forum, like Hethetheth. Thanks for not forgetting me

And yes it does not rejuvenate us all that. a beautiful time with roller coaster tycoon 3 and this community  :w00t:

Well then I unfortunately didn’t make much progress this month because I started working little by little for the parks (the real ones this time) and I have less time necessarily for planet coaster. Here is a small screenshot to allow you to still have something to put under your teeth. It’s raw, because I have neither lighting nor special effects, but sets.

Very soon  :D

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2020, 06:09 PM »
Good evening  :)

Little by little I advance and arrive towards the end of the dark-ride. I am currently looking for something to thematize the last part of the attraction.
Two new scenes are sleeping and already finished, without further waiting here in picture:

New area with screen:

Mise en lumière des 2 nouvelles scènes et calage des animations du ride :

;)

Offline iEddiez

• View Profile
    • Loud Adventures Blog
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2020, 02:46 AM »
That's great.

Are you using 'squinching'?

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2020, 03:40 AM »
Yes there are quite a few screens in my dark-ride, using this technique  :)

To diversify the sets as much as possible, I imagined 2 new rooms following those you saw previously. The passengers will be able to pass through the sewers of the city of fire. What this refresh the neck and play at least with the aquatic effects that planet coaster offers us:

That’s all ... for now   ;)

Offline iEddiez

• View Profile
    • Loud Adventures Blog
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2020, 05:08 AM »
Out of curiosity, how are you making the squinching?

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 01:31 AM »
Out of curiosity, how are you making the squinching?

Here are the steps  ;)

-I create the scenery in the continuity of the dark-ride
-I film a first time in on-ride
-Then I remove the scenery at the screen location to keep a minimum of space in my attraction building.
-I replace the decor with a green background behind the screen and the film again the dark-ride on-ride.
In my video editing software (sonyvegaspro13) I use the "chrominance inlay" function to integrate my decor with the green background.

I hope I’ve answered your question to the best of my ability  :)
There is a video on youtube that explains how to do it. Here it is:

Offline iEddiez

• View Profile
    • Loud Adventures Blog
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2020, 05:28 AM »
That's great. Thank you.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2020, 06:01 AM »
This looks WONDERFUL, Zig Zou!!

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2020, 08:52 AM »
Absolutley incredible!
All and everything looks perfect. Every individual scene of the ride is insanely detailed, very conceptualy and they look like they had been created by a real engineer. At the same time the attention to realism is mind-blowing and addd such a special atmosphere to the scenes. No matter where you take a look on the pictures you will find something that´s unique and inspiring.
I believe this ride will become a visionary experience in combination with your extreme creative video editing skills and ideas.

greetz
zeroG
NO MATTER YOUR CONDITION IT´s ALWAYS YOUR MINDSET

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2020, 02:41 PM »
WOW! This looks awesome. I love the mix of physical sets and screens, I feel the screens will be integrated in a way that only enhances the experience and not make the whole ride. I am going to have to keep my eyes on this for sure.