[WIP] Indoor Park with Polar Coaster (Update 4)

• 17 replies
[WIP] Indoor Park with Polar Coaster (Update 4)
« on: April 25, 2020, 07:54 PM »
Hey guys, here's a look at my latest Planet Coaster project. I decided I wanted to try to make an indoor park. I wanted it to be massive, and also realistic, which is proving to be a challenge to say the least. The park will feature a 182 ft tall Hubless Ferris Wheel in its center.

EDIT: The center of the park will now be a polar coaster, for added support for the ceiling.  :up: 

« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 02:57 PM by Wilhelm1407 »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Unnamed Indoor Park
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 11:18 PM »
Impressive! In some ways, the exterior reminds me of shyguy's Expo 3000 Spaceport building (RCT3). I like the 'flying buttress' supports around the outside.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Unnamed Indoor Park
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 08:06 AM »
Oh that's GORGEOUS!!  I love the massive scale.  Can't wait to see what all you fit inside.

Re: [WIP] Unnamed Indoor Park with Polar Coaster
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 09:25 PM »
I decided on adding more support to my indoor park's ceiling; with the added bonus of a polar coaster. The Ferris Wheel will no longer be the "center of the park." However, I think we can all agree that a polar coaster is much better.

Offline iEddiez

• Curly Hair, Glasses and a Sense of Humour
    • View Profile
    • Loud Adventures Blog
Re: [WIP] Unnamed Indoor Park with Polar Coaster (Update 1)
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 06:00 AM »
Looking very impressive.
Looking forward to see this progress further!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 10:30 AM »
That's an excellent idea!  I love where you're going with that.

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 01:35 PM »
Here's a little preview of the coaster I made. It's still a work in progress. I'm using the 4 meter technique to build the layout, so it still needs a lot of smoothing.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Unnamed Indoor Park with Polar Coaster (Update 2)
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2020, 07:17 AM »
Awesome!  Nice job with the block brakes along the way down to control the speed!  I did that with my Polaris polercoaster and was able to run 7 trains (well...cars...I used the Eurofighter for mine).  Have fun with the supports.  ha ha   :wacko:

Re: [WIP] Unnamed Indoor Park with Polar Coaster (Update 2)
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 01:35 PM »
Awesome!  Nice job with the block brakes along the way down to control the speed!  I did that with my Polaris polercoaster and was able to run 7 trains (well...cars...I used the Eurofighter for mine).  Have fun with the supports.  ha ha   :wacko:

I finished my layout and tweaked my block sections, and I can run 4 trains without stacking them on the block sections. I had to add a small one at the very beginning of the final brake run, because the trains didn't clear it fast enough. I have about 6 block sections in the layout. Technically 7 if I count the one I added to the final brake run. I could add one right before the first drop, as those are only trim brakes currently. My only concern changing it is that trains would dispatch to quickly from the station and stack at the top.

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
    • LD Creative - Thème park Designer
Re: [WIP] Unnamed Indoor Park with Polar Coaster (Update 3)
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 03:22 PM »
A very interesting project. the main structure of the coaster and dome is really impressive. I am so excited to see how you will develop the rest. In any case, it is very good work, congratulations  :up:

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2020, 04:56 AM »
I finished my layout and tweaked my block sections, and I can run 4 trains without stacking them on the block sections. I had to add a small one at the very beginning of the final brake run, because the trains didn't clear it fast enough. I have about 6 block sections in the layout. Technically 7 if I count the one I added to the final brake run. I could add one right before the first drop, as those are only trim brakes currently. My only concern changing it is that trains would dispatch to quickly from the station and stack at the top.

Awesome.  And well...mine was a LOT taller...so I had a bit more room for another block section or two...plus I had a section with an inversion between the tower and the station.

How many coasters are you planning to have?

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2020, 12:59 AM »
Awesome.  And well...mine was a LOT taller...so I had a bit more room for another block section or two...plus I had a section with an inversion between the tower and the station.

How many coasters are you planning to have?

I'm not sure how many I want to have total. I know I want something similar to French Revolution at Lotte World. And I for sure need a family coaster.

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2020, 12:18 PM »
I really wanted an Intamin drop ride similar to Zumanjaro and Giant Drop. Unfortunately since the game only has HUSS drop towers, I had to make this ride out of scenery and toolkit items. This is what I have so far. I plan to install at least two on some of the 180 ft tall building supports.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Indoor Park with Polar Coaster (Update 4)
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2020, 03:10 PM »
That's a brilliant idea.  And excellent use of the objects!

Offline iEddiez

• Curly Hair, Glasses and a Sense of Humour
    • View Profile
    • Loud Adventures Blog
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2020, 06:51 AM »
I really wanted an Intamin drop ride similar to Zumanjaro and Giant Drop. Unfortunately since the game only has HUSS drop towers, I had to make this ride out of scenery and toolkit items. This is what I have so far. I plan to install at least two on some of the 180 ft tall building supports.

WOW! Would you release this once you are done with it? I can see lots of people using those!

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2020, 04:29 PM »
WOW! Would you release this once you are done with it? I can see lots of people using those!

I plan to release it on steam when I'm done. I need to make several track sections, the lift mechanism at the very top, and the loading platform.  :)

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2020, 09:06 AM »
Impressing dome, impressing first coaster and the inventive drop towers are looking very promising. Love it :drool:
On paper we have the best team of the world! It's a pitty we don't play on paper...

Offline RCT D!

• Creator of Grimestone Mine - The VAULT - Periculum
    • View Profile
    • RCT D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2020, 06:03 PM »
Great idea and very realistic and detailed! Sadly it´s not possible to create CTR´s