RCT3 park #1 [WIP] Future land exhibitions of tomorrow

• 6 replies

Offline planetthrilldude57

• Building and rebuilding visions
    • View Profile
Well, since my save file for my other project is failing to load properly, I have decided to put it on the back burner. (for now) I started this park a few days ago and making slow progress on it. It's a sci-fi park and no, there's no story. Just me sharing my creativity and giving back to the community. The park doesn't have an official name yet. I'm pretty sure this is my first park thread so apologies if anything comes out as amateurish. I hope you enjoy what I have to share.  :)

Main plaza area/food court

A shopping building where peeps can pickup some sci fi goodies  B)

The main transportation pickup center

A view from a different angle

Isometric view

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 04:07 PM by planetthrilldude57 »

Make the magic happen

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: RCT3 mini project #1 [WIP] sci-fi land (unoffical name)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 10:24 PM »
Not amateurish at all, planetthrilldude57. This is looking great so far. I like the first pic especially. Really good composition: the two foreground towers (left and right) act as eye stoppers; keeping our gaze from straying off the edges of the screen. I like the colors, and you can't go wrong with neon. :)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 10:43 PM »
Not amateurish at all, planetthrilldude57. This is looking great so far. I like the first pic especially. Really good composition: the two foreground towers (left and right) act as eye stoppers; keeping our gaze from straying off the edges of the screen. I like the colors, and you can't go wrong with neon. :)
Thanks JB. Considering I'm not into digital composition, I think the photos turned out really nice without editing. Yes I agree, the two foreground towers are really eye popping and I think the color purple helped out a lot to give it that "clean" sci-fi aesthetic.   

Make the magic happen

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 12:40 PM »
Looking good so far! Interested to see what kind of rides you will have and how the expanded areas of the park will look.

• View Profile
Re: RCT3 mini park #1 [WIP] Future expo (world of tomorrow)
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 02:52 PM »
Hey guys, it's been awhile. Want to give some updates about some revamps of the park that's been happening lately. First and foremost, I've decided to revamp this project in an entire new direction. Why you might ask? Well, truth be told, after the first update on this project, I felt that the original park was going into too much of a generic sci-fi area. Instead. what I've decided to do instead is turn this park into a future expo park. My main inspiration for the design of this revamped park will be 1950s space age art. Yup, you heard that right. 1950s space age style. (Think jetsons, retro futurism) to give you an idea.

My other inspiration for this park will be the never built Disney's Westcot.    The ideas behind this never built Disney park had some neat concepts so you might catch a glimpse of Disney influence as well.

So, enough chatter. Onto business
Here's the progress I've made on this revamped project.

First, the main plaza area.

You may notice a change in color scheme. That's because I'm using 1950s color palette's.

Next, the "Mini" shopping district

Onto the park expo's main plaza attraction, astro twist

Next, the entrances to each land
First, Land of Innovation. An area dedicated to human innovation and ideas that will help the human progress foward.

Next is dystopian land. This land will teach our guests what could happen if humans abuse technology and the severe consequences it could have on the human race. Also, (cough cough) aliens...

And finally, Utopian Metropolis. This land will be dedicated to showing off optimistic vision of the future with a space age style city towering over the entire park.

Next update, the metropolis facade. Guests will enjoy seeing this beauty as they enter into Utopian Metropolis. Is that a ufo I see?

And finally, a night time overview shot of the park.

So that's all I have for now. Apologies if this was a long winded post. I had so much to share since last post. I hope you enjoyed reading my updates!  :)

Make the magic happen

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 02:58 PM »
The pickup station looks awesome, as does the whole sci-fi area!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 03:10 PM »
I like the new direction you're taking the park. It has a "Futurama" vibe to it. I also like your choice of 'Lands'; they sound interesting. Probably a lot of fun to build, as well. :)