(RCT3) - FC - Parks

• 9 replies

Offline francescoaster

• Custom Content for Everyone!
    • View Profile
(RCT3) - FC - Parks
« on: May 29, 2020, 03:57 PM »
Hi. I think I finally started a good test park in RCT3.
I'm tring to learn how to actually play the game, and I decided to start with a themed area.

It's one of my first attempts, so please go easy on me.  :-\

PANDORA

Yes, I'm a die hard Avatar fan, and long time ago (10 years or so) I made a CS set (unreleased) for this of theme.

Let's start with Toruk Makto, a B&M dive coaster: 55m drop (45m high), it's not the tallest out there, but I quite like it (old CT by me).

[spoiler]
The "side" entrance to the ride plaza, under the ride's signature "pretzel loop"-ish element (basically a Dive loop - Tunnel -  Innelmann sandwitch).

And the main entrance. The queue line starts under the statue, under the lift hill.

The plaza is surrounded by the ride track. Here's part of it, with the heartline roll finale in the background.

In the queue there are some na'vi animatronics that should instruct riders about how to tame the mighty beast, along with other Avatar theming. The plants are interactive (retracts when touched like in the movie, but they are actually ride events mapped to random pieces of track to simulate guest actions).

Looking down the drop. The plants on the bottom retracts as the train drops as well  :D .

The next gen floorless dive trains:

A couple of shots of the splashdown and the overall track layout.

And a night version of the first shot, seen from the lake at the centre of the park.

[/spoiler]

The second ride is a Vekoma/Chance Rides Junior Suspended for all the family, named Ikran: The Flight of Passage.
Don't be fooled by the ride type though, it's a quite forceful one!

[spoiler]
Inspired by Czekierski's Masterpiece for the support structure.

The train navigating the turnaround before the first drop:

And the forceful helix near the end.

[/spoiler]

And the third and last ride (still being worked on) is an Intamin Raft Ride, consisting of a meandering outdoor section, a whirpool and an underground section (themed to a cave).

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Lights still WIP, but it's slowly taking shape.

Please notice, this is a fictitious park (well, at least a sort of), I like to build without keeping the real world constraints in mind, so for example I might well start an historical themed area with a "Revenge of the Mummy" like ride, even if Avatar is owned by Disney and Mummy by Universal, or things like that...

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: (RCT3) - FC - Parks
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 04:24 PM »
Oh my. [wipes drool off keyboard] I'm also an Avatar aficionado. I love the rock formations in the first pic. Are they from your unreleased CS set? And wow, not only did you make the 'spiral' plants, but you made them contract as well. [wipes drool off keyboard again] Are the waterfalls yours as well? They look fantastic.

Offline francescoaster

• Custom Content for Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 04:43 PM »
Oh my. [wipes drool off keyboard] I'm also an Avatar aficionado. I love the rock formations in the first pic. Are they from your unreleased CS set? And wow, not only did you make the 'spiral' plants, but you made them contract as well. [wipes drool off keyboard again] Are the waterfalls yours as well? They look fantastic.

Thanks  :)

Actually, the main structure of the floating mountains is made from Weber's Canyon Craze set, I just added more rockwork (Weber rocks and Shy's rocks) and vegetation around them to improve their look. The blue waterfall is from Fisherman's dream set, while some other are Old Spice's.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 05:26 PM »
Definitely inspiring while I am creating Pandora as well. I have seen different approaches to the floating mountains, and yours is amazing!

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 05:33 PM »
very nice colours. like the blue track

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 07:03 PM »
Looking good. I love the foliage.

Offline planetthrilldude57

• Building and rebuilding visions
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 07:44 PM »
Very impressive! Have not seen Avatar but I recognized it after I saw the animatronic figures. The dive coaster looks awesome! Great job!

Make the magic happen

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 09:41 PM »
Awesome job on this! Always wanted to see a true attempt at a Pandora land in RCT3 and this has exceeded my expectations of what it could look like.  :)

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2020, 06:50 PM »
Always an amazing job! I love all the work!

Offline loopycoasterfan

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 06:49 PM »
Nice park! Hope to see more!  :)