[WIP] B&M Mini Hyper Through Some City

• 2 replies

Offline Germs

• Respectable Punk
    • View Profile
[WIP] B&M Mini Hyper Through Some City
« on: June 01, 2020, 08:32 PM »
Hey SGW! Long time no see, I've been playing RCT3 for the better portion of my life and just a few months ago got a graphics card that can handle Planet Coaster. This is the first project I've worked on in this game and I'm using it to get familiar with some of the basic building tools. I haven't even explored the entirety of the prop section, so I have a lot to learn!

It's an unnamed B&M hyper on the same scale as Hollywood Dream and with some Fury 325-like elements.

It's set in some overstimulated fantasy pan-European city with the worst urban planning on the planet.

Don't look too close or you'll see that I've copied and pasted the same 6 cluttered buildings. The station and treble clef turnaround will have some more unique structures, but that's for a later date.

I'm really proud of the layout, it has a nice pace and is surprisingly smooth in track view. Much better than the eurofighter I tried to make at first.

(Still haven't mastered the path system, so this weird go kart course around the layout is temporary)

That's all I have to show for now, but I'll try to actually see this project to some sort of completion. Until then!

Offline Germs

• Respectable Punk
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] B&M Mini Hyper Through Some City
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 09:00 PM »
Today's incremental progress: a little conservatory-ish building for the queue to wind through. I only now found out that there are glass panels in the scenery tab vs the building pieces, so it has an opaque roof but I'm not too mad.

As you can see, this serves as a focal point for the overbank stall turn. Space is much tighter than I imagined when I made the layout!

The interior is nothing spectacular but gives a good illusion when you look through the window.

Now to figure out what theme the station should have. Any tips on pieces to make better curved/custom roofs? I'm finding those pieces very limited.

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
    • LD Creative - Thème park Designer
Re: [WIP] B&M Mini Hyper Through Some City
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 03:46 AM »
Wow, your creation is so detailed. The buildings are really beautiful. It must be a super roller coaster to do in on-ride with the proximity of the scenery. Congratulations  :up: