SilverFox Park, UPDATE 10: The Barnyard Area

• 23 replies

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
SilverFox Park, UPDATE 10: The Barnyard Area
« on: June 03, 2020, 05:18 AM »
Hi Guys, nice to be back again here! I've been playing the Rollercoaster games since RCT1 came out (yeah i'm THAT old) . But never ever did i finish a whole park. You see, i got the attention span of a hamster, and most of the time i just zone out when i've been busy for a long time on a park, or concept.

Then, in February i started working from scratch on a new park, which started expanding and expanding and i found myself to be weirdly at home in this park. I decided not to post anything until i'm almost finished, since i didn't wanna abandon another topic again. Now i'm finally at that point where i believe i only need one more month, to smooth out little problems, and go into some final details, like logo's, a park soundtrack, etc etc. So, without further ado, i will present you Silverfox Park!

Silverfox park, is a mishmash of themes that relate to forrest/woods and days of past. A little western, countryside style, quarries, sawmills, barnyard the lot. Also rollercoasters. Went a bit overboard with 11 different coasters, but it works i think.

Let's start with an overview of the park, and then you'll decide which route we take to look into more detail!

So let's start the grand tour! This is the entrence to the park, I'll give 2 options: LEFT or RIGHT. You choose!

« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 12:47 PM by AnubisLive »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: SilverFox Park (an almost finished park already)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 07:32 AM »
VERRRRY nice.  What's inside that castle-ish looking tower in the middle of the park?  That looks intriguing!  The coasters all look wonderful!  Nice filter on the screenshots too.

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
VERRRRY nice.  What's inside that castle-ish looking tower in the middle of the park?  That looks intriguing!  The coasters all look wonderful!  Nice filter on the screenshots too.

Thanks man! The filter is reshader actually. Just playing around with that. It seems powerfull, but i don't wanna be overdoing stuff. The Castle i can tell you about. It will come back in a later update, but since i won't be able to show any worthwhile pictures on the inside or a POV, i can tell you its a darkride/indoor drop tower. Pitch black with lasers and various lighteffects.

----------------------------------------------------

Alright, i run this topic on Shyguys, and Frontier's forum, so i'll add up the scores. And to the left we go!

The entrence path ends on the main street and there you'll have a choice, to go to the left or the right. The mainstreet is themed as a frontier town one side of the mainstreet, and the other side is a slope with lucious flora. The buildings on main street MIGHT look familiar since i uploaded these buildings about a year ago to the workshop as well. It's nice to finally be able to use them. These building are filled various shops and facilities.

At the end of mainstreet we turn a soft left corner, and it will give us a glimpse of our first ride/attraction. To the left we have "float", a Zamperla Disco (which sadly ingame comes included with a horribly non fitting Genie car, but i tried working around it as much as i could.) Also there is very cool zipline going over the path. The tower where you enter the zipline, also has a climbingwall on the back.

In the final picture you can see a glimpse of a small theme area called "dragonland" I'll take you there, in the next update!

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 06:17 AM »
The overviews are spectacular. I really love how you implementet the park layout in to the landscaping. It looks very vivid and realistic.
There are some cool ideas like the flying fox zip line or the theming for the Disco ride. The rock tower with the water reservoir on top looks great and fit into the whole surroundings very nice.

greetz
zeroG
NO MATTER YOUR CONDITION IT´s ALWAYS YOUR MINDSET

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 08:41 AM »
[spoiler]
The overviews are spectacular. I really love how you implementet the park layout in to the landscaping. It looks very vivid and realistic.
There are some cool ideas like the flying fox zip line or the theming for the Disco ride. The rock tower with the water reservoir on top looks great and fit into the whole surroundings very nice.

greetz
zeroG

Well thank you! About the layout and landscaping, i started this park from a "the world came first" perspective. It means that, before there was a park, there was the original area. In this case i choose a hilly and dense forrest. So i build the world first, only when that was finished i started to build a themepark in it.

[/spoiler]

Welcome to Dragonland, a mystical place, home of Roarch an immortal, firebreathing dragon. The Vailant Knight Sebastian has been in an everlasting battle, to keep the dragon from escaping, before he well wreak havoc and turn this land in fire and brimstone. Be part of Sebastians special army, and circle this dangerous creature to keep him in his place. And be aware for the flames, for you will end up in ashes if you won't.

So...fancy a ride?

(Yes, the POV lacks, im still playing around with FPS settings, Cheat engine etc)

--------------------------------------------------------

On the border of Dragonland, also lies the Tower of Doom. Ascend and Descent in rapids speeds, and let the laser and light effects amaze you, while being completely disoriented in the pitch black darkness that is inside this castle.

Re: SilverFox Park, UPDATE 3: Dragonland 5/6
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 09:09 AM »
nice little kiddie coaster

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
Re: SilverFox Park, UPDATE 3: Dragonland 5/6
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 12:39 PM »
nice little kiddie coaster

Thank you!~

NEW UPDATE

We are leaving dragonland and enter the domain of "the Eagle". A graceful animal soaring the skies in high speeds and verocity. The Eagle is almost a mile long B&M invert, with 6 inversion and reaches a topspeed of 57mph. FULL DISCLOSURE, this rollercoaster is actually the ONLY part of my park that i did not create myself. It's from the amazing Cedar Point Recreation by PITZONY. The coaster is a recreation of Raptor. At first i used it as a place holder, because of the layout of the coaster that fitted my park amazingly. But i found that this is so perfect here, that i'm just going to borrow it.

The area is also home to Rock'n Roll, an awesome breakdance machine that will turn the guests worlds upside down!

(yes, i will fix the post/support issue there :-\ )

The Eagle is quite central to the park, and quitte high as well, to show more pictures, would be giving away to much, of later updates. So more angle's and a POV later.

See you next time!

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
Re: SilverFox Park, UPDATE 4: The Eagle 8/6
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 02:09 PM »
I'm digging the rustic feel!

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
Re: SilverFox Park, UPDATE 4: The Eagle 8/6
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2020, 02:24 PM »
I'm digging the rustic feel!

Thanks, thats what i was going for;-)

So, we're back. We started at the entrence, went on the mainstreet to the left, we passed the ziplines, dragonland and we walked up a bit to "the Eagle". Now we double back a bit and go all the way to the left to the LOCUST area!

Locust is a B&M terrain wingcoaster a'la Furious Baco in Port Aventura. Not big on heights, but very fast and a lot of terrain interaction. I still don't get very good POV's, because of sudden FPS drops, so i'll just stick to pictures for now. The entrence to the queue, is accesable via a square. This is also the location of one of the three Trainstation for this park.

Thank you for checking in again, hope to see you soon again!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 02:26 PM by AnubisLive »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: SilverFox Park, UPDATE 5: Locust 10/6
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2020, 07:43 AM »
I LOVE the look of Locust!  This project is so nice!

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2020, 02:38 PM »
Looking over all of your updates, I am loving the look and feel of this park. It is very beautiful and features a variety of attractions. Well done!  :D

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2020, 07:12 AM »
Locust just looks like a lot of fun! I forgot to mention that I just love Tower of Doom, the theming is top notch and just right! I can't wait for more, this park deserves more attention for sure!

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2020, 01:40 PM »
Thank you for the kind words guys!

After our visit to the locus area, we are diving straight into the next area. The centrepiece of this area is Flying Turns (not a original name, granted!) . As a European, we tend to put bobsleds and swiss themes together, so this was my starting point. However i did not want to stray to much from the "rustic feel", so i needed to do some blending/fusing themes. Im quitte happy with the outcome.

Beside Flying Turns, there is a Top Spin called "Avalanche" and a Golden Eagle ride "JunkFrau".

Some bonus night shots:

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
Re: SilverFox Park, UPDATE 6: Rustic Swiss Area 15/6
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2020, 01:48 PM »
We're leaving the Swiss/rustic area and we walk to the left of JunkFrau, into the Amazon Area. This area consists of 3 flatrides: A catterpillar ride called Anaconda. The Gerstlauer Sky Fly, called Condor, A Huss Frisbee, called Flight of the Condor. Also in this area is a suspended swinging rollercoaster, "Soaring". But more about that coaster is a later update. While the sounds of howler monkeys and songbirds, are blasting through the hidden speaker, you can walk all the way to the back of the park, while enjoying the dense forrest of tall tree's.

While i was doing this rainforrest theme it dawned on me, that it would be a nice occasion to include a ride sponsored by a charity to raise awareness for the situation in our rainforrests. Therefor Condor is themed to a cutdown forrest, and near the entrance you will find an information booth where guests can make a donation

« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 01:53 PM by AnubisLive »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: SilverFox Park, UPDATE 7: Amazon 18/6
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2020, 06:53 AM »
Wow!  I LOVE this whole area of the park!  Just incredible!  You are so creative with those tree parts.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2020, 03:36 PM »
I love that shot of Condor from under the vined canopy! Nice angle! Loving the Flying Turns, I can't help but feel your sense of style and woodsy setting is giving me a Knoebels vibe, which is good!

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2020, 10:02 AM »
Wow!  I LOVE this whole area of the park!  Just incredible!  You are so creative with those tree parts.

Thank you so much! It means a lot coming from a guy i'm immensely inspired by, your work is fantastic!

I love that shot of Condor from under the vined canopy! Nice angle! Loving the Flying Turns, I can't help but feel your sense of style and woodsy setting is giving me a Knoebels vibe, which is good!

Awesome, i get where you got that vibe from. I did check out Themepark Worldwide's USA tour of last year, they visited a bunch of parks that use "rustic" as their default theme. Knoebels, Silverdollar City and Dollywood. Without even actually using these parks as references, i think i did get inspired by these parks. As a Dutchy i'm not too familiar with these parks myself, (all though visit Magic Mountain 18 years ago) but i really enjoyed the looks of it!

Next update, we are still in the Amazon area, as we will visit Soaring, a Suspended Swinging Coaster that tower above the treeline and takes you on an amazing journey through the rainforrest. Enjoy the pictures and... the POV!

I do recognize did the POV still has a few hiccups, fps wise, but i do think i found a mode, to at least be mildly positive on the result. I hope you enjoyed it, see ya next time!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: SilverFox Park, UPDATE 8: Soaring and a POV! 20/6
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2020, 05:41 AM »
That part of the POV where it flies down REALLY close to the rocks is TERRIFYING.  ha ha!  (also as seen in the 2nd screentshot)

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
Re: SilverFox Park, UPDATE 8: Soaring and a POV! 20/6
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2020, 08:46 AM »
Haha, yeah, that was a bit too close. It did clear though, but not by alot. Did a little extra carving in the rocks there now.

Small Update:

When leaving the Amazon area, we have a nice scenic pathway, with shops in the rocks, the Silverfox Express passing by and a final look back at Soaring.

Since this area is designed to be a bit of a nice breather between all this coasterfun. This update is kinda small.

So let's retro-actively look at a new POV, from a coaster from an earlier update: The Eagle

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile

Edit: Yes, i see that floating tree, in that one picture, its really out of place ;-)

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
I love the row of shops set into the rocks. Floating tree? Those are the best kind! You hardly ever see them these days. (I think they've gone out of fashion.) :D

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Those shops in the rocks are a clever idea!

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
Thank you guys! Anyways, the floating tree was taken out of his misery, on account of him not finding his roots.

Today no PICS (AAAAWWWWW)
I Do have POV's, YAYYYY

LOCUST-

FLYING TURNS-

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
Now that we left the amazon area, we arrive in, what i like to call the heart of this park, the Barnyard area. Some more gentle flats can be found here, like a paratrooper called "Fowl Play" then there is "mrs. Fox's Teacups" and "mr. Fox dodgems". Also at the far end of this area a classic out and back woodie can be found called "Old Macdonald" More on that in a later update!

See ya next time!