Hello from a newbie - advice needed for current project

• 6 replies

Offline Jesterkevin

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Hi all, my name is Kev and I'm from the UK

I've enjoyed creating parks in RCT3 for years but only really found out you could add custom scenery a couple of months ago and ever since I've been really enjoying building structures and little cities using some of the amazing downloads out there.   

A couple of week ago I built a simple generic football stadium as part of a city I was building, then it occurred to me to be a bit more ambitious and try to replicate an actual stadium … being a lifelong Liverpool supporter I decided to have a crack at replicating Anfield. What I've put together in a couple of weeks is by no means perfect but it's coming along nicely ….. I'm about tree quarters done but could really do with some help regarding finishing touches.
The picture for Shyguy's Water World Set 1 has a round window which I could really use for the side of the brick pillers on one of the stands, however, once installed, it only seems to have square windows and one with a round top but square bottom but no fully round window ….. So my first question is, do any of you know another set that contains circular windows ? Also, is there a way I can put custom lettering or images on structures ? for example the words 'THE KOP' in red letters on the outside, as per the real building, or is it possible to place a big Liverpool badge on a wall  ?

Hope you guys can help me ……

If I can work out how, I will upload the stadium when it is finished !!

Here are a couple of pics of my work in progress so far …….

« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 02:52 PM by Jesterkevin »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from a newbie - advice needed for current project
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 04:13 PM »
Welcome to SGW, Kev. :)  I know there are round windows available, I've used some of them in my parks. I'm not sure, but I think there is at least one round window in shyguy's Circus Center sets; set 1 and set 3, maybe.

As far as letters go: errt_EasyLetters set has flat lettering that glows in the dark (also non-glowing). There's also Zeppelin's rockwell font set with modeled 3D letters. I'm sure there are others as well. You can also make images in a paint program and place them on billboards. I used a billboard image for this Voyage To Atlantis ride side:

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 08:46 PM »
Welcome to SGW Kev! Glad to see another RCT3 player!

Offline Jesterkevin

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 10:13 PM »
Thanks JB, that's a great help …… those round windows are perfect ….. I've not had much joy with billboards in the past, when I click on custom image I get a blank window and can't see images I've saved …. guess I must be saving them in the wrong folder ??

Offline Jesterkevin

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 10:14 PM »
Welcome to SGW Kev! Glad to see another RCT3 player!

Thanks Cody  :up:

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 03:11 PM »
Kev- Here is a tutorial to fix the RCT3 billboard issue:

https://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,15814.0.html

It sounds rather complicated but it's actually quite simple.

Offline Jesterkevin

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 04:34 AM »

Kev- Here is a tutorial to fix the RCT3 billboard issue:

https://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,15814.0.html

It sounds rather complicated but it's actually quite simple.

All sorted, fantastic !!  Thanks  :up: