URGENT! RCT3 Keeps Crashing

• 9 replies

Offline TomDaBomb

• Lovin' life.
    • View Profile
URGENT! RCT3 Keeps Crashing
« on: July 15, 2020, 10:01 AM »
This is a problem that has happened with every device I've played RCT3 on. I keep meaning to make amazing things in the game, but after not even thirty seconds, I go to place one thing and the game immediately crashes. No note, no nothing. It just decides to crash. Since this has happened on every PC I've had, even a strong one like what I have now, I can't help but think one of the sets I've downloaded might be the cause of the problems.

If anyone out there can help, and think of anything they downloaded that might've caused them trouble, let me know urgently. Normally, I would blame the PC but it has happened with every one of them I've ever had. I have a lot of CS downloaded and after removing as many as I can, the problem still persists. I even tried reinstalling the game with the intention of removing everything and the game came back unchanged. Don't forget to let me know right away if you think you can fix it.  :-\

Offline loopycoasterfan

• Conceptualize our world
    • View Profile
Re: URGENT! RCT3 Keeps Crashing
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 10:21 AM »
I haven't played the game in a while but could you have shadows enabled in your settings? I know for some that was the culprit when starting a new map or placing scenery.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 11:06 AM »
Do you have a disc copy or the download version from Steam? I have noticed my games start to crash every once in a while and I am wondering if the disc is just worn down.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 12:19 PM »
Large, one-piece CS items, like huge domes, mountains, or a few CFRs will cause the game to crash if shadows are turned on. As Darknight asked: Are you playing RCT3 from a disc, or digital download? If a disc, perhaps it's defective? Have you tried installing/booting up the game without any custom content at all? More info, please. :mellow:

Offline francescoaster

• Custom Content for Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 03:46 PM »
Maybe a defective installation file (wether from disk or corrupted download). Try reinstalling the game from zero in a different folder. If it crashes after that (without any cc installed) then probably your installation files are corrupted.

Offline TomDaBomb

• Lovin' life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 01:45 AM »
I got it from Steam and I always have shadows off because I know that most sets don't work with them on. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it from Steam but it came back with all the sets still there.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 01:48 AM by TomDaBomb »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 02:54 PM »
Hmm. You could try removing all the custom content from the game, placing it in temporary folders (on your desktop or wherever.) Then see if the game still crashes. As for shadows, actually, it's only a handful of items in a handful of sets that will crash the game; nearly all CS sets work just fine with shadows. :)

Offline TomDaBomb

• Lovin' life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 02:19 AM »
I've done a wipe of all CS from the game. I have deleted the folders so that when they came back, they will all cleared to a game without anything downloaded. At the moment, it seems to work. The game didn't get any faster but that's minor quibble. The important thing is it didn't crash once. Now, I'm only hoping that when I begin to download things back that it won't start to crash again.  8|

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2020, 02:35 PM »
Evidently, one (or more) of the sets/CTRs/CFRs is causing your game to crash. It would be a good idea to install only one CS set at a time; booting the game up after each installation to make sure it still isn't crashing. :)

Offline TomDaBomb

• Lovin' life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2020, 03:12 PM »
Evidently, one (or more) of the sets/CTRs/CFRs is causing your game to crash. It would be a good idea to install only one CS set at a time; booting the game up after each installation to make sure it still isn't crashing. :)
Thanks, mate.  ;)