My RCT3-Cities and landscape projects

• 9 replies
My RCT3-Cities and landscape projects
« on: July 20, 2020, 10:03 AM »
Hello everybody.

This topic I want to introduce my parks that I have built in RCT3. In case you don't know yet - I generally don't build amusement parks and roller coasters, but focus more on the scenery around them. That means I prefer to build cities and form landscapes. These are inspired by fictional or real places. In May 2020 I published my latest project.

Pomona
It is the year 2100. Humanity has not been able to stop global warming, the resources have been used up and the overpopulation has led to mass extinction.

The last remnants of civilization still remain in this wasteland. Pomona was once a young and rich city. But the misery did not stop here either. The last part of the city stands in this desert.

But there is hope. Pomona has become the refuge for the probably last people on earth.

I hope you like it. You can ask me anything about this city.

Currently I work at an airport with an air show. The whole thing will probably be finished in autumn.

Re: My RCT3-Cities and landscape projects
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 12:39 PM »
Great cityscape! Never seen anything like it.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 02:51 PM »
I really enjoyed the video, Der Tycooner. :)  Excellent camerawork! And the music adds to the sense of desolation. From the very start we get a definite feel of the post-apocalyptic world: the old gas station, the piles of debris, the helicopter that crashed into the building... all of them iconic images. I like that you included a couple of scenes with peeps milling around; a reminder that people still live here. I also like that you have the game shadows turned on; it makes the scenes look a lot more real. Good job on this. :up:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 05:33 PM by JB »

Offline planetthrilldude57

• Building and rebuilding visions
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 04:01 PM »
Looks like a beta test level for a Mad Max game. Amazing job!

Make the magic happen

Offline RCT D!

• Creator of Grimestone Mine - The VAULT - Periculum
    • View Profile
    • RCT D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 05:01 PM »
The video is superb. I love the atmosphere in your city. It looks so realistic. The amount of details is great. The big buildings look different and interesting. I like that project a lot!

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 10:36 PM »
Thank you all.

I also like that you have the game shadows turned on; it makes the scenes look a lot more real.

As far as possible, I try to avoid covers for paths and streets and to work with textures because you can see the shadows on them. Looks really better and more realistic.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 07:04 PM »
Just seeing this thread and I must say this is amazing! Love seeing stuff like this as it really shows the full potential of RCT3!  :)

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 05:10 AM »
Rietz Airshow

The town of Rietz holds an air show at its airport every few years. The airport is used for civil and military purposes. At this event, visitors can enjoy the flatrides, takeaways, the historic and modern aircraft of the air force.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 05:13 AM by Der Tycooner »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 03:20 PM »
Again, really nice camerawork. And excellent use of the invisible track (or maybe you had tracks and supports turned off?)

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 01:02 AM »
And excellent use of the invisible track (or maybe you had tracks and supports turned off?)

Thanks. I'm not very familiar with invisible tracks. I just set the visibility of the track to zero. You can still see the shadows of it.