Question on recolorable textures?

• 0 replies

Offline Tijjer

• The shed is verbolten
    • View Profile
Question on recolorable textures?
« on: October 28, 2020, 12:10 PM »
I'm a bit confused on this bit here regarding the Parkitect asset editor " each color channel of the mask texture defining which custom color slot is being used (so red = custom color 1, green = custom color 2, blue = custom color 3 and alpha = custom color 4. Note that this means that you if you don't want to use color slot 4 the alpha channel should be black - most image editing tools set it to white by default and you'll have to clear it)."

I'm working on a bush with only 1 custom color but what I don't understand is how do you set the alpha to black?  In CSP I see no way of setting it to export the alpha to black not white (unless you just make it 0,0,0)? 

Currently at the moment I have a grayscale diffuse texture with alpha background set to the Albedo and a red mask with black background set to Mask, this works at getting me transparency except in game it ends up being this purple color not green as set in the asset editor and no matter what hue it stays as purple with only a change in value depending on what value/hue you pick.  Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?