Hey guys been a while and having issues

• 5 replies

Offline Weber

• It's not over till it's over.
    • View Profile
    • velvetskyemusic.com
Hey guys been a while and having issues
« on: December 16, 2020, 04:58 AM »
I'm wanting to get back into this game, but every time I play it, it will crash usually within an hour or so.  And it's so frustrating especially after spending time with track editing/smoothing etc.

My specs:

AMD Ryzen 2700x CPU
GTX 1070ti Graphics
16GB RAM
Windows 10

Re: Hey guys been a while and having issues
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 08:01 AM »
make sure drivers are up to date and if still having problems submit a ticket to Frontier support

Offline Weber

• View Profile
    • velvetskyemusic.com
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 11:42 AM »
Everything's up to date, I'm always on top of that and my temperatures are good also.  This is the only game that crashes, so I have no idea why.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 03:28 PM »
There's a Steam-thingy you can do where you right click on the game  from Steam and repair your files.  I think they can sometimes corrupt without any encouragement.  Your specs seem fine and I'm not aware of any current glitches that are affecting everyone (they haven't updated this game in almost a year.)

Frontier will probably have you do a complete re-install, so the repair thing might be a last ditch attempt to avoid that.

Offline KrakatoaCoo

• Epic Stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 12:36 PM »
Definitely backup files and re-install the game. It might also be a good idea to monitor component usage with the task manager.
Youtube = LINK
Coaster Counter = LINK
~Bizarro/S:ROS Ride Count: 17~

Offline Weber

• View Profile
    • velvetskyemusic.com
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 06:14 AM »
Yes I frequently verify files in Steam, and I haven't had any issues for several days now, so it seems that the problem has slowed down in frequency.  I don't want o say it's completely gone just yet.