Happy Birthday Citytrader!

• 6 replies

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday Citytrader!
« on: January 20, 2021, 04:37 AM »
Happy Birthday to the Great-Grand-daddy of all the RCT/PC Community - our own Citytrader!

Yes, citytrader (or Rich as he's known by his friends and bill collectors...) is celebrating yet again!!! 

Born in the year MCXIII according to ancient legends (unknown if that was BC or AD...), citytrader has been a long time fixture in our community, sharing his literal storehouse of first hand knowledge on historical events and places.  He's well know for his fabulous parks - like his Seven Wonders of the Ancient World Park themed from memory, his inspiring DisneyAmerica Project, his Coney Island 1950 Mega-Park, his multi-year Christmas themed Santa Village Park (I believe the Three Wise Men consulted on that one when he started...) and a host of others!

As Moses once told him "Kid, you're going places..." who knew he'd end up here? 

Unlike Jonnyears - who only shows up once a year to collect his birthday greetings - citytrader is more like a cold sore that never totally disappears but erupts from time to time with a display that just can not be ignored. 

Or something like that...he hangs out here a lot anyways... 

So Happy Birthday Old Timer!

Re: Happy Birthday Citytrader!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 12:57 PM »
Hahaha.   Happy birthday CT!!!

Also, as a personal favor, if Wagi should somehow manage to outlive me, please do not allow him to write my eulogy.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 07:10 PM »
Thanks guys! Wagi, I blush. You make make sound like an interesting guy!

By the way, it was definitely BC!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 06:11 AM by citytrader »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 09:39 PM »
Since I'm pretty sure I'm older than citytrader I'll just wish a happy birthday to the young pup.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 06:10 AM »
Do you remember seeing Howdy Doody or Uncle Milty LIVE?

You know that shot heard round the world thing, well, yours truly!

Or the time that Italian guy sailed with his four ships west to find India,,,you know, the Pinta, the Santa Maria, the Nina, and the ahhh, ummm....

Well, it doesn't matter, it fell off the end of the earth.

Somewhere near what we now call Brazil when a bear was sighted!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 03:31 PM »
Definitely watched Howdy Doody (don't know if it was live or not... Maybe, I don't think video tape was a thing yet back in the '50s).

Columbus spotted Wagi in Brazil?... Couldn't be. Wagi was still in Washington then, centuries before it became a state, teaching the First Americans how to live off the land and how to win at Pong.

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 05:54 AM »
Wagi was still in Washington then, centuries before it became a state, teaching the First Americans how to live off the land and how to win at Pong.

I was affectionately known back then as "Squatting Bear"...