Disney's America from Wagi and citytrader! Finally released!!!

• 125 replies
We are back with yet another new park!

we'll let these artists renderings do the talking;

« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 10:46 AM by citytrader »

Re: A new park from Wagi and citytrader!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 08:36 AM »
It's about time.  I MEAN, this looks fantastic! Can't wait for more!!

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 04:54 PM »
It's about time.  I MEAN, this looks fantastic! Can't wait for more!!

Thank you!

Here's a couple more to whet your appetite!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 06:28 PM »
Looks like it's gonna be a little bit of everything, including Halloween and Christmas. Even some Disney (the Partners statue). A holiday park? A Disney-type park?

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 08:16 AM »
great start - looking very nice

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2021, 08:37 AM »
Looks like it's gonna be a little bit of everything, including Halloween and Christmas. Even some Disney (the Partners statue). A holiday park? A Disney-type park?

Yes, yes, and yes.

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 01:00 PM »
Let's look at a few more pics, shall we?

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 02:26 PM »
Very nice teasers. The Missouri 1804 main street looks inviting. A little early for Samuel Clemens but I guess it would've looked the same 30 or 40 years later. Impressive-looking city hall (or maybe it's a library? Or...). And the 1890 ballroom is equally impressive in its own way. It shouts "Fun!" and "Entertainment!".

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 05:49 AM »
looking great!!

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 02:32 PM »
Thank you gentlemen!

Just a couple more;

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 04:49 AM »
That first waterfront shot looks just like the concept art from Disney's America park.

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 04:52 AM »

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 12:46 PM »
That first waterfront shot looks just like the concept art from Disney's America park.

So close...

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2021, 01:39 PM »
This looks fantastic and I am looking forward to seeing more!

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2021, 07:10 PM »
Thank you so much guys!

Getting around the park is pretty easy. There is a beautiful two track mainline that runs around the park;

The primary way to get anywhere, however, is to traverse the central lake on either the red or the blue boat lines;

Some docks are fairly simple;

While others are far more ornate;

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2021, 06:21 AM »
love that train station

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2021, 01:55 PM »
Thanks!

Most of you are aware with my interest in, OK, obsession with Disney's America.

Wagi and I were sitting out on the back porch (virtually) chewing the cud, (not each others arms or legs) when we hit on the idea of doing a bit of a hybrid park, sort of Disney's America as seen through the eyes of the iconic World's Fairs that the United States has hosted.

So we set out to create a park that combines the better parts of the original DA with our own spin, and then areas of the park dedicated to the 1876, 1904, and 1939 World's Fairs.

As usual, our ideas far outweigh the limits of the game, so we have split the bench in two, and will be releasing it in two parts.

Some of the areas of the park were pretty much copied from Disney's original designs, but the bulk of it is ours! We have also created a few walls and even a couple of custom bits for the park which we will release with the benches. See if you can spot any! Also, a very special thanks to Jurre for his parking lot bench that was the start to the park!

As with the original park, one starts in the parking lot at Colony circle, where the flags of the original 13 states proudly fly;

Liberty Fountain points the way to the entrance;

Approaching the front gates, you can find the usual strollers, wheelchairs, and locker rentals;

Don't crowd, plenty of room for everyone!

Tour of Patriot Plaza next!

« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 02:03 PM by citytrader »

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2021, 02:01 PM »
more more more please. This park was once on my list to attempt.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2021, 08:58 PM »
Thanks for giving us the concept for the park. Everything is making more sense now. :)

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2021, 10:17 AM »
Just over two months later and we're back to remind you about this project...ain't you lucky!

While we don't post too much, lots has been accomplished.  No, really.  It has. 

Trust me.

Citytrader uses work as an excuse...while I'm no longer bothered with that thankless task.  But unfortunately also at Citytrader's advanced age he sometimes forgets what he's working on for days at a time only to wander around muttering to himself even when not at work, so it may seem slow...and you'd be right.

But it's worth it.  No really.  It is.

Trust me.

But I'm here to post a couple screens as proof that progress...and time...marches on and we really haven't been just lazin' around playing Solitaire or snoozin' away in the Lazy-Boy instead...well, I haven't anyways... 

As Citytrader remembered to tell you above in a rare moment of clarity, we're going to sample different historical time periods in American History (all of which Citytrader has first-hand knowledge of, of course...) as well as sampling some of the World's Fairs that have occurred over the years (and by 'sampling' I mean we ran out of room to model the entire thing in each case...).  Here's a case in point...

And there's this building I'm rather fond of...

This Elektro guy didn't even vacuum floors...

Funny, I've heard of this Billy Rose character somewhere...

Of course America isn't just about World Fairs, so there's a lot of other time periods represented as well...like small town America right before WWII...

Betty Lou's too cheap to get her hair done in town by a beautician, she sneaks over to the Barber Shop and has Clyde the Barber trim up her bangs at closing...too bad he can't touch up her roots while he's at it...

And we've even have a few things I just fabricated out of thin air cause I had the bench that week, so there!

No guarantee that it won't be another two months before we post again, but that's like "break-neck speeds" for some of us Seniors...  ;D

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2021, 02:36 PM »
You guys most certainly always bring your A game. Very awesome update team! I don't care if it's every couple of months. Keep up the great work! Really digging the architecture and details.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2021, 03:40 PM »
Great looking world's fair homage. :)  Is the Trylon and Perisphere made from art shapes? Or custom-made Toolkit items? Or...? I love the mid-century modern style of the U.S.of Brazil building. And I remember seeing photos of that tall, red Westinghouse tower. (Unlike citytrader, I wasn't there in person.) Beautiful theming and colors on the Aquacade.

WHAT?!?... WE RAN OUT OF BURMA SHAVE?!..... Nooooooooo!

Wonderful 1930s/'40s small town scene with the barbershop and the (shiny) dogs out front.

The last image is simply beautiful with all the terrain sculpting and landscaping. Looks like one of wowman's creations. You guys have been busy, haven't you.

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2021, 04:14 PM »
Thanks to you both for the nice comments!

The Perisphere is made out of art shapes...but not by me.  It was in the Workshop but when I looked to recall the designer's name that I'd forgotten I couldn't find it! 

So apologies to him or her, I was going to attempt to make my own but your blueprint worked perfectly and I thank you!

The Trylon is a TMTK item...actually seven items as there's an 8 meter size limit for each section, so they just stack to reach the full height.  And they were actually made by...me.  I finally figured out the TMTK process of creating each piece in SketchUp (which I was familiar with...), importing the file into Blender (which I was NOT familiar with) and then into the TMTK editor. 

Amazingly enough they actually worked!

And the dogs have naturally shiny coats!   :whistling:

EDIT:  Oh, and the Barber Shop is by Quidam.  I gutted it, replaced the windows and added an interior, but the original blueprint was theirs.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 04:17 PM by wabigbear »

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2021, 04:23 PM »
as always great looking stuff here. I really do love the way the boats look in the game, especially when going past rocks like you have in the last shot. Also, great sleek lines and structures in the rest of the areas.

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2021, 11:42 AM »
As Wagi said, we have been busy, well, he has anyway!

Contrary to popular belief, it was Wagi who provided the home movies of the 1939 fair!  :D

Thought it might be fun to get back to our tour of the park, so here goes!

Here's a look at Patriot Plaza, which has paths branching out to the other lands we will be exploring in the future!

By the way, the park is now in three parts, and may very well wind up in four separate benches.

The parking tram delivers guests from the remote lots;

Time for a fun day at the park!

Arriving at the main gate;

Watch the changing of the guard at the Customs House;

The plaza is lined with various shops and eateries;

Turning right sends you into colonial America, where you can visit Liberty Square or Sleepy Hollow, and you can even join Lewis and Clark on their epic Expedition of Discovery!

A left turn takes you to the 19th century where you can visit the Industrial Revolution, explore Edison's lab, or stroll along the Promenade, a sea side boardwalk circa 1895.

Walking straight ahead leads you to the Philadelphia Exposition of 1876, where the telephone and other famous inventions were first unveiled;

Welcome to Disney's America!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 11:46 AM by citytrader »

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2021, 07:51 AM »
Lovely update guys, I love the colonial style of everything, I get a Philadelphia Independence Hall vibe from the main building. It would be neat to see Edison's lab! Keep it up!

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2021, 01:20 PM »
The next area we will visit is the recreation of the 1876 Philadelphia Exposition, which sits across a small bridge from Patriot Plaza.

Here's the view from Patriots Plaza;

That statue is just to remind you whose park you are visiting!

The approach from the bridge;

The beautiful Art Gallery;

The Horticulture Building;

Part of the massive interior;

The 1876 Steam Operated Carousel is a very popular attraction;

The main exposition building;

The arm of the Statue of Liberty was on display, and for a dime, you could climb the ladder to the torch;

Looking back toward Patriot Plaza from Fountain Square at the Exposition;

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2021, 02:23 PM »
love the buildings

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2021, 03:46 PM »
I like that you included the Statue of Liberty Torch. I realize this park is a re-creation (of a re-creation) of the actual Exposition; it would've been very cool and awesome to see the actual Torch, and then find out that it is but a small part of a much grander statue in the making.

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2021, 08:37 PM »
Here is a picture of the actual arm at the fair;

We put a Hats Fantastic in the display. They sell Liberty Hats!