Rapture 1959 - A Bioshock Story

• 7 replies

Offline RCT D!

• Creator of Grimestone Mine - The VAULT - Periculum
    • View Profile
    • RCT D! - YouTube Channel
Rapture 1959 - A Bioshock Story
« on: February 14, 2021, 10:00 AM »

It’s the last night of the year 1958 in the city of Rapture. The upper class is celebrating a New Years Eve grand party in the 'Kashmir Restaurant', when it is hit by upcoming events which will forever change the fate of the underwater-town and its citizens. Follow us beyond the sea to discover Raptures most dazzling beauty and its darkest secrets.

'Rapture 1959 - A Bioshock Story' is a FM-Rides project by RCTD!, Kevin and MaxMagnus.

A Valentine for your loved ones!

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
Re: Rapture 1959 - A Bioshock Story
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 04:12 AM »
Finally, I comment on the first teaser!
I told you already that I am totaly impressed from the arrangement of the picture.
The individual giant underwater structures blending together in a perfect way. My favorite is the Kashmir Tower. You can feel the vibe there is a party going on if you take a close look :D
Both structures on the right side of the Kashmir Tower looking great as well.

But if you take a clooser look to the whole picture you realize that all buildings are very creative structures and that it´s the combination of thoose different unique buildings, all thoose great custom made signs and billboards, the small details (fishes and whales) and the layout of the city that draggs you inside the scene in the end. The depth of the picture is just brilliant!
Lighting and coloring are fantastic too and the marvellous editing like it is all under water completing the scene...
It seems like if the peeps of Rapture running around down there.  :o

greetz
zeroG
NO MATTER YOUR CONDITION | IT´S ALWAYS YOUR MINDSET

Offline Distraction Bucket

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 12:42 PM »
Looks amazing- can't wait!

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 04:02 PM »

Frank Hirshman, the star architect of rapture and close friend of Andrew Ryan, rose and walked slowly and elegantly out of his bedroom alongside the gallery of the unsparing, some would say luxurious appartement. Its highlight marked the big panorama-window which gave a perfect view to the throning city at the bottom of the sea. He descended the stairs and quickly left the accomodation. He disliked coming late and nevertheless had to find Louise who already was up on her way to the midnight-ball in the Kashmir-Restaurant.

Spoiler: 'Comments' (hover to show)

Thanks for the support! The next update will hopefuly not take 3 months.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 02:19 PM by MaxMagnus »

Offline Germs

• Respectable Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 10:48 AM »
The lighting, the scale, the details....everything is perfect! Just needs some blood splatters everywhere now haha.

Offline Kevin :)

• I AM BACK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 01:59 PM »

The unfortunate events of the night lead Hirshman into the glorious station "Monsenor" of the atlantic express where he hoped to get an opportunity to escape the panicking masses of people and reach a bathysphere-hub.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Thanks for the support! The next update will hopefuly not take 3 months. ;D   

No! It only took 3,5 months! Nevertheless we have good news: 3 minutes of the final video are ready and  most of the scenes are quite ready to record. The end of the year is still the goal for the final product. It's the same like with every other bigger project: you have 100 little things to do in every scene but we only want to present completed and well rounded pictures - so we have more in store than we show. After the video is finished, we will give you some Behind-The-Scenes material. If it's released we also will upload it to the workshop if there is any interest (warning: there will be multiple maps). 

We hope you still follow the project. We are confident in the first few minutes and are looking forward for feedback. 

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
    • LD Creative - Thème park Designer
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 04:22 AM »
Wow the atmosphere in the different photos is really good. I love your scenery so much  :love:

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2021, 11:37 AM »
Finally I found time to write on this marvellous project again.
I know from behind the scenes how much work and passion you all put in to this project and it´s visible in every picture you have posted until now.
The interiors with all thoose custom created things out of the in game shapes shows your endless creativity and skills when it come to create. The lighting design and harmonic color schemes blending togehter in a perfect way and spreading out atmosphere to the maximum. There is so much to explore if you take a longer look on every pictures like the out-standing art designs on the walls. I think they are from real artists and were used in the original game. Brilliant!
The last update shows again like the first how big you think in scale and design. The train station is a feast for the eyes!
I am really exciting when the final video will be released. I am sure it will be a cinematographic masterpiece!

greetz
zeroG
NO MATTER YOUR CONDITION | IT´S ALWAYS YOUR MINDSET