[ZIG-ZOU] Genetics Research| Dynamic Motion Theater (online trailer)

• 20 replies

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
    • LD Creative - Thème park Designer
I embark on the realization of a brand new creation. As some know and know me, I always like to test and imagine little developed concepts in PLANET Coaster and push the game to its darkest corners. This time I’m going to tackle a style of attraction that just doesn’t exist in planet coaster. It’s a Dynamic Motion Theatre =)

The stakes are therefore double, to give life to an attraction that is absolutely not possible to realize on planet coaster and to give life to it in video. So we will have to lure, find subterfuges, tricks to get to my ends. The difficulty also lies in the fact that there are very few existing attractions in real life. And real photos are very, very rare. We will therefore have to find what to build the attraction by keeping the maximum realism possible. Keeping the fun side of the game =)

For the moment, I have researched as much as I can to create a database of work. I have the theme in mind. First of all, I’m going to tackle the main system of attraction, which is the visitor platform motion. It is a disc of a tenth of meters in diameter, leaning slightly forward to offer a beautiful view to all visitors.

The platform motion is already taking shape. It has a 60th seat and all equipped with lapbar to avoid that visitors run away during the tour and that they can hang on because, it will move well  ;D

I had to spend 5 hours designing this platform, it was a nice mess but it’s okay for now. I placed only identical characters in it. Then I’ll change and put women in it and change the colors of the clothes to avoid it being too robot made in the chain  ;D

Edit: I made some improvements:
-Added lapbar closure on the ends of the seat rows.
-Add cylinders to move the assembly.
-Addition of safety barriers.
-Added seat numbers on the platform like some attractions like the Terror Tower. Numbers that will be on the ground also in the queue to save time to the operators of the attraction.

Come on, I’ll keep going  :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 11:23 AM by Zig Zou »

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
Re: [ZIG-ZOU] Dynamic Motion Theater - New ride
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 10:47 AM »
Good morning everyone  :)

I already have some news. I temporarily removed the platform to show you the bottom. I had fun making a small passage for the maintenance of the system. In addition there is mainly the whole system of rotating giant screen  B)

It’s a big room that also took me a long time, already to see how I was going to do it and then to build it. This screen can rotate all around the nacelle. This one is on a guide rail all around with a giant ball bearing system so that it turns like on wheels This screen will serve as a transition between one scene and another, with projections on it. At the beginning and at the end of the attraction, it will be located as in the photos, ie back to the spectators  ;)

I also started to build the contours of the future building, creating a frame not to be missed. There will be 3 distinct parts. The attraction building, the waiting girl building, and the souvenir shop at the end. 3 "airlocks" at different heights each time because the needs in place for the decors are different. I have not yet decided or I will put the technique of attraction, the back of the scenery, for the good reason that I wait to see the scenery that I will put and then compose around  :)

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 12:18 PM »
 :o WOW!  What an impressive project and a huge amount of work! 

Offline Germs

• Respectable Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 09:13 PM »
I've never heard of this kind of attraction before. Your theater car (?) looks so realistic! Can't wait to see you pull this off.

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 11:14 AM »
I've never heard of this kind of attraction before. Your theater car (?) looks so realistic! Can't wait to see you pull this off.

Thank you very much. Yes I think we can call it that ha ha =D I suggest you watch this video from 2016 that explains the concept. There are very few models derived from the genre. To my knowledge, there are none in the world at the moment, such as the model of the video. Everything I know is made exclusively with 360° video screen  ;)

:o WOW!  What an impressive project and a huge amount of work! 

Thanks for your support, I hope you enjoy the rest as much  :)

I started the queue. The first curve that you see on the visual seen from the sky that I had previously shown you:) To give more volume to the whole, I made a small unevenness with the path, so to have 2 small stairs. In the center of this room that will serve as a Pre-Show, 4 giant screens that will serve to tell the story of the attraction and have visuals in motion. There is also another small screen (in green on the photos) where we will see the interior of a room, with animated visual.

I started to build on the storyline of the attraction. Everything seems very clear in my head, but I will nevertheless have to take the time to write everything because for the moment it is still a mess mdr. But the main idea is to come and follow a report in a very special factory, which works on genetics. But of course everything is not going to go as planned because in the middle of the visit, we will suffer different breakdowns, and that’s when it will become fun  :D

For the queue (as I am focusing on this right now), I had planned something quite imposing to really put the visitors in condition. With 2 pre-shows, an area to put personal belongings and a boarding area with marking on the ground in connection with the numbers present on the nacelle of the attraction. There will also be 2 small transition corridors between two large queue rooms.

I hope that everything seems clear to you. In any case, just for this room I have a hard time. It’s been 1 year since I got the game, and I was able to discover a lot of small techniques to save me time. And with the time saved I enjoy giving a lot of details to the attraction. Moreover I was able to recover a good pc to play Planet coaster. So I have much less restriction than at my beginning for example  ;)
For those who wonder how I did to have a queue with visitors in it when the attraction is theoretically not functional. It’s simple. Right now I’ve put a flatride at the end of the line.

I hope you like the result  :)

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 01:59 PM »
this looks like a great idea, but as far as I can find, its never actually been built or used anywhere in real life. too bad.

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 06:40 PM »
There will soon be one built in France, in the park of the futuroscope, and I know that there is also one in Dubai. In Dubai it is only a 360° projection. It is currently open  ::)

As said earlier, it is the entire loading area before entering my dynamic motion theater that comes to life. This area is now complete.

I still have a locker space for the queue and 2 small transition corridors between the two big venues (including the pre-show with the green screens).

For the moment I’m not involved in the lighting, I’ll do it all of a sudden at the end. I only build in broad daylight for now I have easier  :)

Edit: I just finished the room just before the one that will allow to board in the attraction. There is an airlock with automatic doors. This keeps people in a room with audio as a pre-show, so as not to interfere and keep people attentive before moving forward.

So there’s just the locker area, but I’m still thinking about how I’m going to do it. Maybe that’s how Arthur at Europa-park. At least in the configuration, I’m not going to copy. It also lacks the small rounded corridor that follows the first big pre-show room (with green screens). I can see the end of it, I’m keen to attack the attraction itself. I’m getting tired of staying only in the queue ha ha  ;D

« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 11:28 AM by Zig Zou »

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2021, 04:52 AM »
Hello  :D

The time has come to present one of the scenes of the simulator. The one if is in real scenery and will not be projected on the screen. I will be able to fit normally 3 scenes possibly see 4 around the mobile platform containing spectators  :)

This scene will contain several special effects and light like a stuntshow. One of my sources of inspiration is Terminator 2-3D (former attraction at Universal studio Orlando). What I really like about planet coaster is the effects management, the lighting that can be very advanced, and it really kicks me to test it every time (besides in each of my last creations there are quite a lot of effects managed by the effect controller of the game)  :)

To keep a little surprise I will not publish too many photos of interior decorations of the "finished" ride. But like this photo you will still see the scenery "under construction". The attraction now has a name, and the Storyline well defined. I will present you the name in the next days with a visual and facade of the building  ;)

Offline RCT D!

• Creator of Grimestone Mine - The VAULT - Periculum
    • View Profile
    • RCT D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2021, 05:15 AM »
That´s a great and amazing idea. I love that you are creating such fresh and new rides. Never seen something like that and very interesting that it´s inspired by a Dynamic Attractions concept. I love that you always try to create something outside the box. The theming is by the way as well stunning. You have to time so many effects that must be a lot of work. I am very interested in this.

Offline rct3isepic

• if Daft Punk approves. it's good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2021, 06:59 PM »
as someone who works at a Dynamic Attractions flying theater, this is super cool and i'm really curious to see how this will work on the technical side

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2021, 11:27 AM »
Hello  :D

That´s a great and amazing idea. I love that you are creating such fresh and new rides. Never seen something like that and very interesting that it´s inspired by a Dynamic Attractions concept. I love that you always try to create something outside the box. The theming is by the way as well stunning. You have to time so many effects that must be a lot of work. I am very interested in this.

I am of an unconventional nature in life. And if I can do it differently I do it. Thank you for your support. I’m honored to see that you like what I do on planet coaster, and I hope you’ll enjoy the rest just as much  :) It’s gonna take a lot of work. I hope the result will be up to your expectations  ;)

as someone who works at a Dynamic Attractions flying theater, this is super cool and i'm really curious to see how this will work on the technical side

Oh, but that’s great, so what attraction are you working on? I have a friend who also works on the Volétarium in Europa-park. A very good experience in managing visitors before dispatch into the attraction.

The name is finally revealed, my new creation will be called GENETICS RESEARCH, leaving you to speculate for the general theme of my attraction type "Dynamic motion theâter". I had fun making a promotional visual of the attraction  :n00b:

I just finished the facade of the attraction. The building actually contains the queue and allows, with the perspective, to completely hide the largest part of the attraction building. Genetics.Research is a company located in the heart of the redwood forest, far from prying eyes! Visitors visit this factory to accompany a team of reporters. The opportunity to discover the working methods of this somewhat ... mysterious company!  :up:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 11:28 AM by Zig Zou »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2021, 03:28 PM »
I like how you worked the DNA double-helix design into the entrance sign, the sculpture to the right of the entrance, and your logo. :) 

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2021, 06:25 PM »
Hello  :)

I like how you worked the DNA double-helix design into the entrance sign, the sculpture to the right of the entrance, and your logo. :) 

Thank you very much. I was forced to design them with the solid color volumetric shapes of the game. Because I’m not good at 3D modeling and I’ve never used the planet coaster toolmaker. So I try to reproduce as much as possible using only the elements present in the game. Sometimes it’s easy, sometimes it’s much more complicated and it takes time  ;)

The last room in the queue was not revealed to you. You will be able to discover it right now.
Here, the spectators will also have a small animation as a pre-show. Several video effects will be included, including a projection of shadows simulating an incessant flue of factory workers behind a semi-transparent wall, and in front of a part of the film crew coming to do a report on the GENETICS RESEARCH factory  :n00b:

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
Re: [ZIG-ZOU] Genetics Research| Dynamic Motion Theater
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2021, 08:11 AM »
Well, I just finished all the lighting up of the line. It was tedious and I had to be meticulous to highlight the interesting elements and keep in the shadows what it is less. I’m finally gonna be able to really tackle the attraction in the next few days  ;)

I did a little photo montage explaining where I’m at right now. The main building housing the attraction will have to change as it no longer corresponds to what I had originally planned. For example, the queue has been shortened and the path changed. You will find the location of the future souvenir shop of the attraction. And the location of the different scenes  :)

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2021, 08:21 AM »
this looks great

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2021, 09:07 AM »
Thank's Wowmanrct, I'm having fun  :up:

First light setting and special effects. From today I will work on the programming of lights and the creation of the soundtrack. Because to have synchro effects with the sound you already have to have a pre-defined sound track. And to do this I will create one from A to Z  :)

For now the lighting is white, then I will change the colors a little. The for now it’s just to see the location of the projectors and see how the sets reflect the light. There will be fewer photos in the coming days, because the programming is not very "visual" unfortunately. And like that, you will still have a small surprise effect when watching the video  :) If you want to keep the surprise of the attraction. Don’t look at my pictures anymore, For others, don’t change anything  ;D

Offline RCT D!

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2021, 01:21 AM »
Wow I love the realistic touch of the ride. The queue is amazing, the depth is superb. I have to explore the queue on my own - hopefully in the workshop. There must be so many details that you cannot see in the pictures. The scenery is fantastic, so many broken things. So nice that you´ve seperated into 1st row and so on. The logo is great and the genetics sign as well. You spend a lot of time designing that. And it looks great. The lighting fits perfectly as well, a dark and cold atmosphere. What will happen in this mysterious company? Interesting storyline. In addition to that I like the overview picture. I am a huge fan of something like that.

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2021, 08:59 AM »
Hello everyone  ;D

Wow I love the realistic touch of the ride. The queue is amazing, the depth is superb. I have to explore the queue on my own - hopefully in the workshop. There must be so many details that you cannot see in the pictures. The scenery is fantastic, so many broken things. So nice that you´ve seperated into 1st row and so on. The logo is great and the genetics sign as well. You spend a lot of time designing that. And it looks great. The lighting fits perfectly as well, a dark and cold atmosphere. What will happen in this mysterious company? Interesting storyline. In addition to that I like the overview picture. I am a huge fan of something like that.

Thank's RCT D, Your comment makes me super happy and pushes me to continue. It’s very motivating. I’m glad to know that you like it. Indeed I love working on the depth of the decors, it contributes to the realism of the whole. This is what I also like in real parks, I am very attentive to the scenery in amusement parks. Immersion is the most important in an inner attraction  :)

Fresh news of my attraction. the decorations around the rotating platform take shape, I finished 2 new spaces with lighting. Something you won’t see, but I’m getting pretty good on the soundtrack and voice over telling you the story of the attraction. Soon I will tackle the visuals that I will put on different TV and screens. For now it is fixed, but I would really like that at the end there are moving visuals  :)

Planet coaster remains pretty static visually at the level of the decors, so we must give life to them with as much element as possible, whether with animatronics, video effects, special effects and light effects. That’s what I’m going to try to do the best I can.
Once again I spoil all the decors. So if you want to keep the surprise until the end do not watch my different posts before the publication of the final video   :n00b:

Offline Zig Zou

• Designer scénographe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2021, 11:03 AM »
[TRAILER 1] Genetics Research

Discover now the very first trailer of G.R. This should allow you to wisely wait for me to finish this attraction. My schedule changes and I have to adapt to continue planetcoaster

Offline RCT D!

• View Profile
Wow that teaser is awesome. Short and makes you to want more. Cinematography and editing is superb. Fits perfectly to the music, the atmosphere you´ve created is stunning. If the final video is this quality it will be mind blowing. You are very talented in producing videos. The presented scenes are very detailed as you can see in the previous updates.

Offline rct3isepic

• if Daft Punk approves. it's good
    • View Profile

Oh, but that’s great, so what attraction are you working on? I have a friend who also works on the Volétarium in Europa-park. A very good experience in managing visitors before dispatch into the attraction.

super late response but I Work at Wings Over Washington as an operator/attendant. I really wish PlanCo made motion simulators in the game honestly. i'm also really curious how you're gonna move the platform or screen to make this work like the real attraction would