(WIP) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Colorado

• 16 replies

Offline 4Locke

• "Don't Tell Me What I Can't Do"
    • View Profile
(WIP) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Colorado
« on: April 09, 2021, 06:03 PM »

Hey everyone!

This is the start of a brand new project that I've been working on. Its the first part that will be part of the Disneyland Resort in Colorado which will eventually include multiple parks. This was a project that I have been wanting to do for a few years now in RCT3 but decided to start the project in Planet Coaster after experimenting with the game for a few weeks.

Background information- I was born and raised in Colorado and always thought that a Colorado inspired Disney park could be interested. This park will follow the traditional idea and concept of a Disneyland/Magic Kingdom park with Colorado influence (basically Disney's California Adventure but done correctly and based off Colorado instead of California). But- Disneyland Park Colorado will be influenced by almost all of the US Disney parks in some way or another.

I won't discuss future parks now as for the time being, I will be focusing on this project but I'm very open to creating different projects as part of this resort in the future. Disneyland Park Colorado will have 7 total areas + an entrance plaza + the hub, along with 1 hotel which will also be in the park.

In the image below, you will see a map which I laid out to outline each land so you can get an idea of how big each section will be along with where each land will be. The lands that will be part of this park are: Main Street USA, The Great Outdoors, Frontierland, Adventureland, Fantasyland, Discoveryland, and a currently anonymous land which will be part of a future expansion.

As you can see- my park is different in some ways from the traditional layout of a Magic Kingdom style park as Adventureland sits at the top corner instead of directly next to the hub. I won't get into any details about what each land will be but I will say that The Great Outdoors area will be heavily themed around Colorado.

This first update will include the completion of the Entrance Plaza as well as the start to Main Street USA. In my park, Main Street USA will be based and themed around the town of Fort Collins, Colorado. For those who don't know, Fort Collins was actually part of the original inspiration for Main Street USA in Disneyland Park, California which is quite fascinating. Fort Collins is my hometown. So for these reasons, I just knew that my Main Street had to be based around the town.

For more information on this, check out this link:
https://www.coloradoan.com/story/life/2016/11/11/disneyland-main-street-old-town-fort-collins/93120656/

Now, to get started with the actually update! I promise most updates won't be this information heavy  :sweat:

First, we have an overview look at the Entrance Plaza. Here you can see the Disneyland Railroad station. This building has both architecture and a color scheme that is based off of the Union Train Station in Fort Collins. You can also see the Disneyland, CO sign as well as the classic Mickey Flower Bed, just beyond the entrance turnstiles as well.

Here, you find the left of the Entrance Plaza area which includes the Lost and Found and several attraction posters. This gives you a sneak peak at some of the attractions which will be in the park including Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Peter Pan's Flight. You can also see the tunnel into the park as well as a digital park map that will eventually be up and running!

Here, you find the right of the Entrance Plaza area which includes Stroller/Wheelchair Rentals, and more attraction posters. These posters include more upcoming attractions including Tarzan's Treehouse, Spaceship Earth, and Dumbo the Flying Elephant.

Here is the start of Main Street USA including City Hall and the Chamber of Commerce.

Below is the Main Street Fire Station, Barbershop, and a couple other small buildings.

And to finish off this update, we get a look at the start of The Emporium as well as Main Street Cinema, Starry Night Cafe, and a building that will house a few shops towards the front of the street.

There are a few other buildings on Main Street that are in progress but we'll save that for a future update  :)

I am still throwing around the idea of creating different lands in different park files to help the game run better and smoother. I would prefer not to take this route but it may be necessary. Any feedback regarding this is very helpful. Also, if the images in this post are low resolution, please let me know as well so I can fix that. Any suggestions for the best way to take screenshots in Planet Coaster? Anyway, leave a comment below with any thoughts and suggestions overall! I appreciate it! :up:

Re: (WIP) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Colorado
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 06:15 PM »
interesting project

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 09:10 PM »
It'll be fun watching as the various lands start to take shape. As for the images, maybe double the size to ~1280 pixels wide. We'll be able to see your efforts better that way. :)

Offline 4Locke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 09:57 AM »
It'll be fun watching as the various lands start to take shape. As for the images, maybe double the size to ~1280 pixels wide. We'll be able to see your efforts better that way. :)
Thank you, I'll have to try that! I took the screenshots through Steam and they seem to be pretty low res.

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 12:43 PM »
Like the start of this. Very ambitious project! Looking forward to more!

Offline 4Locke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 09:52 AM »
Like the start of this. Very ambitious project! Looking forward to more!

Thank you! Excited to share more in a couple weeks here!

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 08:48 PM »
I like it! I cannot wait to see how you do each area and make it stand out from the rest of the Disney Parks in the world.

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 03:18 PM »
This is looking awesome! I'm intrigued to see what your idea of the castle will be!

Offline 4Locke

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2021, 10:07 AM »
Hey everyone! It's been a bit since my initial post but I'm back with the second update. I was out of town for a couple weeks so I didn't have a lot of time to work on this project since the first update but there's still some new details to show here! I recently completed Town Square on Main Street which is what most of the details in this update will follow!  :up:

Below is the building for The Disneyland Story. This is based off Disneyland California's version except instead of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, we have a show in store displaying the history behind the town that inspired Main Street USA here in Disneyland Park Colorado.

Inside of the building, we find the back wall with the doors that lead to the History of Fort Collins theater.

Below is the exterior of Disneyana Gifts and the Disney Gallery.

The back of the Disneyland Railroad Main Street station.

Leaving Town Square, we arrive at a few shops and etc on Main Street including Main Street Magic Shop, Disney Showcase, 20th Century Music Company, Starry Night Cafe, Crystal Arts, and Main Street Cinema.

A peek at the inside of Starry Night Cafe.

A closer look at the new and improved design for the Main Street Cinema.

Most of the buildings below are facades for show on Main Street except Main Street Photo Supply Co. which can be seen below.

These last two images show off Main Street Town Square at night!

Feedback is always appreciated! :)

Offline 4Locke

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2021, 10:08 AM »
This is looking awesome! I'm intrigued to see what your idea of the castle will be!

Thank you!! I'm excited to eventually show off the castle!  :)

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2021, 01:39 PM »
I like what I am seeing. One thing I notice is how tight Main Street and Town Square are, I have no room to talk because mine is tiny in my Disneyland Park in RCT3, but I can assume that this is intentional to have more in the other areas. From other angles it does not look as tight, or I could just be over analyzing this. Otherwise, I am liking this project and different details that are making this unique.  :up:

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2021, 05:14 PM »
Nice beginning. Looking forward to more.

Offline 4Locke

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2021, 09:26 AM »
I like what I am seeing. One thing I notice is how tight Main Street and Town Square are, I have no room to talk because mine is tiny in my Disneyland Park in RCT3, but I can assume that this is intentional to have more in the other areas. From other angles it does not look as tight, or I could just be over analyzing this. Otherwise, I am liking this project and different details that are making this unique.  :up:

I get what you're saying for sure! My version of Main Street is definitely much shorter and fairly tighter, compared to traditional Disney parks. Its mainly intentional due to space as you stated since I wanted to maximize space in other lands, instead of Main Street. But- I will say that my Town Square is pretty wide in my opinion but the buildings are pretty close together on the left side of Town Square and the buildings on Main Street strip are fairly smaller than they would usually be. I assume this is what you meant by tightness! Appreciate the feedback, glad you like the project so far!

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2021, 05:38 PM »
I get what you're saying for sure! My version of Main Street is definitely much shorter and fairly tighter, compared to traditional Disney parks. Its mainly intentional due to space as you stated since I wanted to maximize space in other lands, instead of Main Street. But- I will say that my Town Square is pretty wide in my opinion but the buildings are pretty close together on the left side of Town Square and the buildings on Main Street strip are fairly smaller than they would usually be. I assume this is what you meant by tightness! Appreciate the feedback, glad you like the project so far!
I love it! I definitely understand, my Main Street is small but the surrounding lands are much larger for a lot of experiences. This project is definitely great!

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2021, 09:22 PM »
First time seeing this project and I must say it is looking amazing. Excited to see this evolve and very interested in what you have in mind for the future expansion space. Keep up the great work!  :up:

Offline 4Locke

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2021, 11:38 AM »
I love it! I definitely understand, my Main Street is small but the surrounding lands are much larger for a lot of experiences. This project is definitely great!

Thank you!! I love your Disney RCT3 projects by the way! Definitely inspired me to start my project in Planet Coaster  ;)

Offline 4Locke

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2021, 11:39 AM »
First time seeing this project and I must say it is looking amazing. Excited to see this evolve and very interested in what you have in mind for the future expansion space. Keep up the great work!  :up:

Thank you for the feedback! Excited to share more, especially as I move into working on the first official land very soon!