(WIP) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Colorado

• 44 replies

Offline 4Locke

• "Don't Tell Me What I Can't Do"
    • View Profile
Re: (WIP) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Colorado
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2021, 09:35 AM »
I am digging Beaver Creek! I love the theming, you do not really see much river rapids rides these days being made. Great work!

Thank you! I appreciate that feedback :) glad you enjoy the theming and the new attraction.

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2021, 09:48 AM »
Interesting concept for the Haunted Mansion. Looking forward to seeing more.

The river rapids is terrific!

Offline 4Locke

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2021, 07:07 AM »
Interesting concept for the Haunted Mansion. Looking forward to seeing more.

The river rapids is terrific!

Thank you! The Haunted Mansion exterior is shaping up quite nicely so far while blending into The Great Outdoors area. Excited to share these details in a couple weeks!  :D

Offline 4Locke

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2021, 11:00 AM »
I've been working on this park quite a bit the last couple of weeks so I have plenty to share in this big update! Let's get started.

First off, let's jump to the front of the park to check out some scenery changes at the Entrance Plaza. As you can see, I've built some hills to the left of the plaza to add some character to the environment while also adding a landscape transition between the plaza and the Colorado themed area- The Great Outdoors.

One of the main attractions I've been working on is the Disneyland Railroad, specifically the section that runs behind Main Street USA and through The Great Outdoors. Let's take a look at some of the scenery in this section!

Below is a good look at the new bridge that I added near The Haunted Mansion. The Disneyland Railroad passes along this track as seen in the previous image.

I recently finished The Haunted Mansion! Below are a few images of the interior and exterior details of the ride. I took the original concept and ideas of the classic Disney attraction while adding my own special twist on it to fit in with the theme of The Great Outdoors area.

The last part of this update includes a big change I made to Crystal Canyon River Rapids! I decided to expand the ride further than its original track area. Originally, the track moved along the rocks with the wolves standing on them. Now, as you can see in the below image, the track plummets underground into a new cave section.

The following images give a good visual of the new track layout. Now, the river rapids move into the area near Country Bear Jamboree and Forks Restaurant. Then, the track moves back through another cave and back into the main ride area.

This final image that I wanted to share shows off the entire park so far! As you can see, quite a bit of progress has been made in The Great Outdoors overall, which will be the second biggest land space in the park.

Thanks for reading!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2021, 02:26 PM »
Wow! You did an excellent job capturing the look and feel of the Disney Haunted Mansion. Your personal twists and additions blend right in. The iconic rooms are all there and they look great: The stretching room, the Endless Hallway, the Conservatory ("Lemme outa here!"), Madame Leota, the Ballroom, the Graveyard finale, and the Hitchhiking Ghosts. I think this is the best representation of the Haunted Mansion I've seen in either RCT3 or Planet Coaster. Well done! :up:

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2021, 06:42 AM »
agree. the HM ride looks great. Love it.

Offline 4Locke

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2021, 08:34 AM »
Wow! You did an excellent job capturing the look and feel of the Disney Haunted Mansion. Your personal twists and additions blend right in. The iconic rooms are all there and they look great: The stretching room, the Endless Hallway, the Conservatory ("Lemme outa here!"), Madame Leota, the Ballroom, the Graveyard finale, and the Hitchhiking Ghosts. I think this is the best representation of the Haunted Mansion I've seen in either RCT3 or Planet Coaster. Well done! :up:

Well, thank you!! I appreciate that positive feedback. I'm glad to hear that my new additions for this take on the ride blend into the original Haunted Mansion experience. I had a fun time putting this mansion together :D

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2021, 03:52 PM »
Haunted Mansion looks awesome! I love that you brought the classic elements to this version of the attraction.

Offline 4Locke

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2021, 09:03 PM »
Hey everyone, I've got a new park update to share as The Great Outdoors area continues to take shape. The newest attraction to be built in the area is Discovery Island Rafts. This attraction transports guests from the area over to Colorado's Discovery Island which sits in the middle of the Rivers of America. Here are a few photos of the attraction's exterior and the overall area.

As we wander past Discovery Island Rafts, we come to a crossroads with a directional sign. If we continue down this path, we'll eventually find The Haunted Mansion. But- taking the stairs will take us to the nearby historical town of Beaver Creek.

Lately I've been working on the Beaver Creek sub-area of The Great Outdoors! Beaver Creek will overall be a small village/district of shops and restaurants that sit near the edge of the Rivers of America. This land draws inspiration from other previous Disney park areas such as New Orleans Square and Liberty Square while adding Colorado based influence and architecture. The below photos show the development of this area and its surroundings.

Let me know if you have any feedback!

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2021, 11:23 AM »
The Great Outdoors area looks charming! I love the small details all around. Great progress!

Offline 4Locke

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2021, 07:17 AM »
The Great Outdoors area looks charming! I love the small details all around. Great progress!

Thank you! It's been a fun process to form the different areas of this land all together with different details and landmarks :)

Offline 4Locke

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2021, 10:04 AM »
Time for another update! I spent these last three weeks finishing up the Beaver Creek sub-area of The Great Outdoors. With this area being finished, there's only one more section and sub area of The Great Outdoors to be completed until I start work on Adventureland:D

This update will mainly cover the Beaver Creek village/district that consists of shops, restaurants, one attraction, and the second station of The Disneyland Railroad. Before we start talking about Beaver Creek, I'll show off one another addition to The Great Outdoors that was completed recently.

This new quick service food stand called Golden Oak Cabin is on the path between The Haunted Mansion and Beaver Creek, right in the middle of the woods. There's even some seating out back!

Next, I thought I'd show off this section of The Disneyland Railroad, just before The Great Outdoors station. As you can see, the track is running right under the path/ramp that leads guests into Beaver Creek from The Haunted Mansion.

While were talking about the railroad, check out the next two images to see some details of the Beaver Creek station and its surroundings. Looks like the railroad is gonna take us into a dark tunnel underground next  :scared:

A look at the station at night. The ramp beside it leads us towards Beaver Creek village.

And for the main event of this update, I'll share a few photos of the completed village area! In the back of this first photo, you can see the one attraction in Beaver Creek: Goofy's Wild Revue. This is a live stage show similar to the Golden Horseshoe Revue in Disneyland California except it stars Goofy and friends!

Since this area includes three floors of shops and restaurants, I wanted to provide multiple accessibility centers on each floor which include elevators for guests in wheelchairs and strollers.

This final image shows off Beaver Creek village on the waterfront of the Rivers of America. There's even a large viewing dock against the town and as you can see, a huge building to the right that resembles a Colorado lodge. But, we'll talk about this in the next update as the final area of The Great Outdoors starts to take shape ;)

Thanks for checking out this update!

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2021, 06:42 AM »
Ooh, another excellent update. Loving everything 4locke.  :up:

Offline 4Locke

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2021, 01:49 PM »
At the end of the last update, I gave a small teaser for the last sub section of The Great Outdoors area of the park. This last area area is designed to appear similar to a Colorado Ski Resort which includes a lodge with shopping and dining as well as one attraction! Let's get into it.  :up:

Below, you can get a view of this area which resides just past the Beaver Creek sub section. Let's continue down the path and check it out.

Here, we find the backside of The Grand Coloradoan Lodge which is much larger than it appears as it extends past the borders of the theme park. This is a resort property that has a direct entrance into the park with the front of the hotel being at the opposite end of the lodge. This concept is similar to the Grand Californian Hotel which feeds into Disney's California Adventure Park.

Inside the lodge-you will find plenty of rooms, two table service restaurants, one quick service restaurant, one gift shop, a spa, an indoor pool, and an outdoor pool complex in the courtyard of the hotel which includes a poolside bar. As you can see, there is also a forest and mountain range that run beside the area of the hotel.

Next to the hotel is a large tunnel in the mountain which leads us to Adventureland! This will be the next area of the park that will start construction very soon.

Another look at the entire lodge area. The entrance to the attraction in this section of The Great Outdoors is across from the lodge. We'll get to this in a second  ;)

A couple more views of the area!

Now let's talk about the attraction for the lodge area! This is the final attraction to be built for The Great Outdoors area. Expedition Evans is a roller coaster with the same track layout and concept as Expedition Everest in Disney's Animal Kingdom. The story for this attraction is:

After several skiiers went missing on Mt Evans, the ski lift and the ski slopes on the side of the mountain remain closed. You are embarking on a train ride to the mountain as part of an expedition team to find the missing skiiers. Meanwhile, there have been many sightings of a so-called "Yeti" in the area. You have been warned...

The image below shows the entrance building for this ride.

A few images below show off the queue for the attraction.

In the next update, we'll check out the rest of the queue as well as the finished Expedition Evans attraction! Thanks for reading!

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2021, 06:28 AM »
great update - park is looking good