(WIP) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Colorado

• 69 replies

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
Re: (WIP) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Colorado
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2022, 10:29 AM »
Just catching up on this park and all I can say is wow! The attention to detail is truly amazing and definitely an inspiration. With Magic Kingdom being one of my favorite parks you are really capturing the feel and look while also making it your own. Excited to see more and keep up the great work!  :up:

Offline 4Locke

• "Don't Tell Me What I Can't Do"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2022, 10:01 PM »
Hey everyone! I haven't posted an update in quite some time as I spent the last few months completely restructuring the Adventureland area of the park. The layout that I had implemented wasn't working and didn't turn out the way I had hoped originally. Jungle Cruise was too far away and took up too much space compared to the rest of the land's layout and spacial arrangement. I also wanted Tarzan's Treehouse to overlook Jungle Cruise and add a couple viewing areas for the attraction.

On top of this, I decided Adventureland was too big and the Pirates sub-area was too far from the rest of the land. Because of this, I decided to split Adventureland into two lands so now there is an additional land in the concept for Disneyland Park Colorado called- Treasure Cove

I have officially completed Adventureland and work has progressed quite a bit on Treasure Cove as well. Let’s start the update and check it all out!

First, you can now see that the entrance for Jungle Cruise in the middle of the Adventureland strip instead of being far away from the rest of the Jungle sub area. The entrance is across from Bengal Barbecue, tucked between The Magic Carpets of Aladdin and Tarzan’s Treehouse.

The next few images show off the attraction, Jungle Cruise and its queue.

A look at the Tarzan’s Treehouse attraction, from Jungle Cruise.

Below- you can see one of the Jungle Cruise viewing areas, from the ride.

The backside of water!

Past Tarzan’s Treehouse, the Adventureland area continues to be transformed as there is now a lush jungle path with trails near Jungle Cruise.

There is a popcorn cart along the trail.

In the below images, you can see the different lookout points in the land, towards the Jungle Cruise attraction.

That finishes off the Adventureland portion of this update as well as work on the entire land. Next, let’s take a look at Treasure Cove and the progress in the land so far.

The main path into the land is just opposite a creek and the lookout points for Jungle Cruise/the attraction track/scenery space itself.

For the last part of this update, we’ll look at some different photos from around the land.

The entry sign for the land!

The main restrooms in the land as well as a drinking fountain and ATM!

There is one shop in this area of the park- Pieces of Eight.

The next two pictures shows the rest of the Treasure Cove village. There is one restaurant in this area of the park- a table service eatery called Casa de Familia. Work on the interior of this restaurant has not begun.

There is also one attraction in this area of the park- Pirates of the Caribbean. Work on the queue and interior of this attraction has also not begun.

The archway is the second entrance into the land, from Frontierland. You can also see the exit for Pirates of the Caribbean to the right.

That's for all for this update!

Offline 4Locke

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2022, 10:04 PM »
Also, I have updated and added more details to the park map guide including the additions of Adventureland and Treasure Cove.  :up: :D

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2022, 11:14 PM »
Wow, everything is so lush and verdant along the Jungle Cruise and surrounding area! You really nailed the dense jungle look. Nice update!

« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2022, 08:40 AM »
looks great - love this area

Offline 4Locke

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2022, 03:39 PM »
Hey everyone! I’ve got another update with various new details and expansions around the park including the completion of the attraction, Pirates of the Caribbean.

Before we get started, here is a look at the current map of Disneyland Park Colorado.

Part I- The Great Outdoors

Our first stop is a new addition near The Haunted Mansion and behind Golden Oak Cabin. I decided to add entry into the park from the newest added lodging property- Campsites at Fort Wilderness. Guests can take this path in/out of the park given they are guests of the property.

This lodging property is not a hotel but rather campgrounds that can be rented nightly where guests can set up their own tents, trailers and RVs (similarly to the campgrounds at Disney World in Florida).

At the other end of land, near the tunnel leading to Adventureland is the other lodging property with entry into the park- Disney’s Grand Coloradoan Hotel. I finally got around to expanding the hotel which is something I had been wanting to do since originally adding the lodge. The new hotel expansion adds a few more floors where guests can overlook different areas of the park from their rooms.

In the attraction queue for Expedition Evans, some changes were made as the “creature” in the story has been changed from a Yeti to Bigfoot. This was done to align better with the culture and legend of bigfoot residing in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains. In the attraction, the creature has been changed as well.

Part II- The Disneyland Railroad

Over at Beaver Creek Village Station, the train departs and heads underneath the lodge.

This next completed section of the railroad takes guests through two different displays (similarly to the Disneyland Railroad in California) before heading back up to ground level as we move underneath Adventureland.

Moving along the first display- Colorado’s Royal Gorge.

The second display- Primeval World

After returning to ground level, this completed stretch of railroad ends in Frontierland as we arrive along the Rivers of America.

Part III- Treasure Cove

The land’s main attraction, Pirates of the Caribbean, has recently been completed. Let’s take a look at the entrance as well as the queue leading up to the ride/attraction.

Let’s take a look at some various photos from the attraction now.

Near the exit for Pirates of the Caribbean and the walkway leading to Frontierland is the path to Treasure Cove’s other attraction- the Spanish Village Viewing Area.

This attraction is a Spanish Village that overlooks the opening scene to the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction (similarly to the Blue Bayou in Disneyland California). Otherwise, this space features several buildings that house historical museum like exhibits including Spanish history and the history of Pirates.

Thanks for checking out this long update! Stay tuned for the completion of Treasure Cove and the first phase of work on Frontierland.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2022, 06:35 PM »
This looks great! You have a real knack for capturing that Disney look and feel; but with your own Rocky Mountains twist. The second image of the Grand Coloradan Hotel is beautiful! Wonderful depiction of Primeval World.

I love the Spanish-style queue and building for Pirates of the Caribbean. And you did a great job duplicating the various PotC scenes; some of the iconic scenes from the Disney ride, plus some of your own. The lighting is just right! Good job on this! :up:

Offline 4Locke

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2022, 12:03 PM »
 :w00t:Hey everyone! I’ve got another update with various new details and additions to Treasure Cove, Frontierland, and The Great Outdoors.

Part I- Treasure Cove

Treasure Cove is officially finished as I have completed the only restaurant you’ll find in this land. This is: Casa De La Familia. It is a Mexican restaurant that will be shared with two different lands as half of the restaurant and the second entrance will be in Frontierland! Each side of the restaurant will follow a different theme but still serve the same Mexican/American style cuisine along with Margaritas and Sopapillas!
The Treasure Cove side of the restaurant will follow a more tropical/Pirate theme to fit with the theme of the overall land.

The next few images will show the completed areas and details of this side of the restaurant.

Unlimited sopapilla station queue/counter found at the corner of the restaurant.

Aside from the main seating areas, there are also two other themed seating areas within this half of the restaurant. The first area, Blackbeard Cave, can be seen in the image below.

The other themed area, Plaza de la Familia from Coco, can be seen in the next few images.

Part II- Frontierland

This land has begun construction recently and it is already starting to come together nicely! The following image is the view of the Frontierland hub entrance, near Main Street.

A view looking towards Main Street and the hub from within the land itself. You can also see the shop, Pioneer Mercantile off to the side.

The shop, Frontier Trading Company along with a shoe shop that is simply for display only.

The shops: Silver Spur and Bonanza Outfitters.

In the following photo, you can find the only attraction in the “Western-village” sub-area which is: Rustler Roundup Shootin’ Gallery.

At the corner of Frontierland, we find the restaurant: Conestoga Café.

The walkway from Frontierland, moving into The Great Outdoors, right beside Conestoga Café.

These next images show the small “Riverfront Dock” sub-area. This section of the land includes the Mark Twain Riverboat, a Turkey Leg cart, and Restrooms.

The Mark Twain Riverboat sits alongside Frontierland, beside the riverfront area of The Great Outdoors.

Part III- Rivers of America

Construction has also finally begun on the Rivers of America which is in both The Great Outdoors and Frontierland. This last series of images show off the progress along the river so far.

Mt. Evans in The Great Outdoors is just behind the forest/river as seen in the next photo.

Thanks for checking out this update! Soon, we’ll look at the Disneyland Railroad again as it moves through Frontierland, along the Rivers of America.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 12:08 PM by 4Locke »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2022, 12:45 PM »
I'm repeating myself, but you continue to capture the Disney look and feel. Really good job on the Casa de la Familia restaurant. Dividing it up between two lands is also something that Disney does (or did). I love the theming and atmosphere of Blackbeard Cave; I wanna eat there. I enjoyed the movie "Coco", and I was pleased to see the shrine with the family photos.

I like the packed dirt 'streets' in Frontierland with the wooden boardwalks next to the shops. And the Rivers of America looks suitably natural and untamed.

Ha! You included the Native American boy and his dog. That's great! Nice update. :up:

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2022, 02:47 PM »
Wow! It's so cozy, the water, the green and the train passing it all. Great work