Problem With New Version Of Windows 10 Home

• 3 replies

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
Problem With New Version Of Windows 10 Home
« on: June 05, 2021, 11:19 AM »
Is anyone else having a problem running RCT 3 Platinum since upgrading to the new version of Windows 10 version 20H2?  I recently did the upgrade, seems I didn't have a choice since the message was my version would no longer be supported and no updates would be given. Since the upgrade, 5/31/21 I have a problem loading the game or most times will not load at all.  Didn't have a problem before the upgrade.  Looking in settings I see the following: 

EDITION            Windows 10 Home
                                  VERSION           20H2
                                  INSTALLED ON  5/31/2021
                                  OS BUILD          19042.1023
                                  EXPERIENCE      Windows Feature Experience Pack

Any suggestions to help with this problem would greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Well I see 68 views and no replies so I'm going with the idea I'm the only one having this problem. Backed up Style/Theme,/Custom, Tracks, Cars, Sounds to re-install.  Going to see if un-install and re-install fixes the issue and if so then I'll reinstall the backed up files. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 07:10 PM by warcat »

Offline DanTheThoosie

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Problem With New Version Of Windows 10 Home
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 10:06 AM »
Maybe it's just your computer. I just applied the same update to my Win10 laptop and I found no issues so far. Is your version the retail disc version? Steam? Amazon Digital Download?

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 04:16 PM »
Maybe it's just your computer. I just applied the same update to my Win10 laptop and I found no issues so far. Is your version the retail disc version? Steam? Amazon Digital Download?
Retail dics version. I've had this disc for years.  When I try to start the game I see the icon of the disc spinning  then an arrow and then nothing.  Even clicking on the icon in the game's folder doesn't load the game.  At first I thought it was Shortcut on the desktop. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 04:20 PM by warcat »

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 06:08 PM »
UPDATE:  I have no idea why but the game shortly after i posted started to load and work, well for one day anyway.  Next day, once again it would not load.  Finally bit the bullet and un-installed the game, saving old games, folders ( Tracks, Style, Cars, Sounds, Supports). Reinstalled and still no luck, Tried the game later the next day and so far, knock on wood, it's loaded and played.  Now another strange thing is I just did a regular re install, didn't update the folders I copied but yet everything I thought I'd have to re install in those folders is showing up in the game....Have no idea what and why this happened but I'm HAPPY again I can play.