I accidentally saved an empty park over my park please help

• 3 replies

Offline BossyBlonde

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
I accidentally saved an empty park over my park please help
« on: September 14, 2021, 02:54 PM »
How do I recover my park I accidentally saved an empty [ark on to? PLEASE HELP!! I am on windows 10

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: I accidentally saved an empty park over my park please help
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 05:09 PM »
Open the folder where the park file is saved- e.g. Documents/RCT3/Parks. You should see two files with your park's name. One of them will have a ".bak" extension. Delete the blank park (the one without the ".bak" extension) then remove the ".bak" from the filename of the remaining park. You will now be able to open it in the game. :)

Offline BossyBlonde

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 12:46 PM »
Open the folder where the park file is saved- e.g. Documents/RCT3/Parks. You should see two files with your park's name. One of them will have a ".bak" extension. Delete the blank park (the one without the ".bak" extension) then remove the ".bak" from the filename of the remaining park. You will now be able to open it in the game. :)
That didnt work since I saved a new park over my old park it just opened the new blank park I had saved (since I didnt delete the park I just saved over it) However I went to the actual save file right clicked it and chose to restore the file to a previous date (the last time I played) and it worked for some reason!! Phew.. Thank goodness. I did not want to start over again.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 03:21 PM »
Hi BossyBlonde. When you save the latest version of a RCT3 park, the older, most recent saved version gets the ".bak" extension. So if you remove the .bak extension from the file you can get the older version back again.