The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World

• 6 replies
The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
« on: May 09, 2022, 07:16 PM »
In all my spare time ( ;D ), I've been working on recreating one of my other favorite RCT3 parks, the seven wonders of the ancient world! Here's a few preview shots;

The Ishtar Gate of Babylon with the Pharos of Alexandria in the background;

The Temple of Artemis;

The Mausuleum of Hallicarnassus;

The Temple of Zeus on Mt. Olympus;

As I love to say, more to come!

Disclaimer; A couple of the temples are originally off the workshop, but heavily modified by me.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 05:59 PM by citytrader »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: The sevven Wonders of the Ancient World
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 09:42 PM »
I've always had a love affair (of sorts) with the seven wonders of the ancient world. It's neat to see them come alive. I'll be watching! :)

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
Re: The sevven Wonders of the Ancient World
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 07:43 AM »
This looks like its gonna be really cool!

Re: The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 06:11 PM »
Thanks guys!

The Hanging Gardens;

Professor Stephanie Dalley has postulated that the Hanging Gardens were never in Babylon at all, but in another city, Nineveh. She has unearthed loads of evidence to support her claim and has been featured on numerous television programs. Dalley found texts by the king of Assyria named Sennacherib about a palace he built and a garden alongside that he called a wonder for all people. He inscribed his name on numerous aquaducts and canals that were able to cary huge volumes of water to his city. There is even a bas-relief showing the king in his "hanging garden", so my park supports her claims!

An Assyrian Temple;

« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 06:15 PM by citytrader »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 08:13 PM »
The Hanging Gardens has been one of my favorite Ancient Wonders because so little is known about it. Scholars aren't even in agreement as to what they actually were. It's generally thought that they were, as you depicted them here, basically rooftop gardens. Evidently that had never been done before, at the time.

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2022, 02:08 PM »
You should definately try to catch the PBS show Secrets of the Dead about Babylon and it's gardens. It's on Amazon. Dalley is so unassuming and sincere. She made a believer out of me!

Here's a daytime shot of the Hanging Gardens;

The Temple of Zeus;

The Temple of Artemis;

The Collosus of Rhodes;

OK, the feet of the Collosus of Rhodes!

The Great Pyramids;

And the Mausuleum;

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2022, 08:07 AM »
Love what you're doing, definitely going to be a challenge to recreate all these and I respect it!