(RCT3) [WIP] Summer Avenue

• 15 replies
(RCT3) [WIP] Summer Avenue
« on: July 04, 2022, 03:24 PM »
Well then, here I am back on this forum. Last time I was doing this I was playing Planet Coaster, now I take a little different approach. I’ve been playing RCT since long as I can remember, It started with RCT1 and RCT2 and of course RCT3. With RCT3 I always had this special feeling. I have watched hundreds of videos over the last years, and I have played hundreds of hours making coasters or parks. When I bought a decent Laptop for my new school I basically left RCT3 on my old Laptop and never really looked back. When RCT3 “the complete edition” dropped a while ago I simply couldn't resist it and I downloaded the game again. I immediately fell in love with it once again, for some reason Planet Coaster can’t make me feel the same way even how good that game is compared to RCT3 haha. I’ve downloaded some essential custom scenery and let my imagination run free once more…

WORK IN PROGRESS!

07-16-2021

We are in the middle of summer 2021 a brand new theme park is about to launch! Summer avenue. The idea came from a group of locals that wanted some action in their region. In this group of people was a theme park enthusiast who knew a lot about attractions and parks in general. They held several meetings and conversations in the townhall together to debate their thoughts with big investors. The idea was plain and simple, a classic theme park that had to be affordable and easy to access for everyone. Instead of brand new rides, the idea was to use multiple used and refurbished rides and coasters. This was a unique concept, and so thought one of the investors. He saw his chance and closed a deal with the group of locals to create a absolute amazing theme park experience.

03-20-2022

The beginning of spring… Construction work has begun on the entrance area and the parking lot. The idea for the entrance came from different Six Flags and Cedar fair parks mixed together. Classic ticket boxes with turnstyles under a large building.

From the design point of view, the entrance had to give the feeling that you were entering a theme park. The feeling of a start of a new adventure. Entering a big passage with large coloured pillars will give you the idea of a “gateway” to happiness.

On the backside is a large plaza, especially made for large groups and families so they can gather and start planning their day at the park. The buildings on the left and right sides are equipped with all the needs such as general information, stroller rental and lost founds.

A closer look on the entrance here. The most outer turnstyles are wider and fitted with extra staff to help disabled people or large groups going through. Also strollers and wheelchairs can easily go past these turnstyles.

A look from above, and yes I now there is a piece missing :n00b: but it is already fixed!

And a birds eye view of  the parking lot, as you can see at the front of the parking lot are extra wide parking places for disabled people. Now they don’t have to walk a long way to get to the entrance.

05-18-2022

Two months have passed since the construction of the entrance building, and a lot of progress has been made. The very first coaster of the park has been constructed!

Meet Corkscrew A classic Arrow coaster from 1980. It have stood in many different parks over the years. In 2009 it was left abandoned after a huge storm. In 2017 it was disassembled an stored on private grounds of a investor. In the next years the coaster was completely refurbished and repainted for auction. Now in 2022 it is being constructed in Summer Avenue. People can now enjoy the classic arrow experience for many years to come!

The lifthill and the first drop, an instant classic!

The coaster doesn’t have a looping, after the drop you get straight back up to go to the main element of this ride… the two corkscrews.

A good look of the corkscrews and a little bit from the que line.

You can now also see the coaster from the bus and taxi station.

Corkscrew provides quite a skyline, the popping blue colour scheme and white pillars giving those old-school arrow vibes.  When you are walking down the main road to the entrance you are going to see the coaster going up and down. Everyone gets more hyped for a day at Summer Avenue!!

I will continue to work on this park for the next couple of weeks. There is allready a new coaster beining constructed... Until that time small things such as shops, logo's and letters have to be placed at the entrance and quelines. I will see you guys next update!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 03:26 PM by FluxCobra »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: (RCT3) [WIP] Summer Avenue
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 04:08 PM »
So nice to see a new park sprout up here in the RCT forum! And it looks like a great start to Summer Avenue. I rode the Corkscrew coaster at Knott's Berry farm in the 1970's, shortly after it was first installed.

Interesting that you get a better experience with RCT3 than Planet Coaster. Yes, PC has amazing graphics and you can place pieces in any position you wish. Can you explain more, why you prefer RCT3? I haven't played Planet Coaster, but I do follow the threads of PC players. Maybe in RCT3 the objects you want to use are easier to locate in the game? Maybe the overall game-play is simpler and quicker?

I'll be following your progress on this park!

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 06:00 PM »
This is awesome! Great use of custom scenery!

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 10:13 AM »
So nice to see a new park sprout up here in the RCT forum! And it looks like a great start to Summer Avenue. I rode the Corkscrew coaster at Knott's Berry farm in the 1970's, shortly after it was first installed.

Interesting that you get a better experience with RCT3 than Planet Coaster. Yes, PC has amazing graphics and you can place pieces in any position you wish. Can you explain more, why you prefer RCT3? I haven't played Planet Coaster, but I do follow the threads of PC players. Maybe in RCT3 the objects you want to use are easier to locate in the game? Maybe the overall game-play is simpler and quicker?

I'll be following your progress on this park!

Maybe it is because of the nostalgic feeling that is has. But mainly because I like to work with all of the custom scenery. In Planet Coaster you can basically make everything you want but not as fast as RCT3. But i don't really know, its hard to tell. I just like the game more in general.

This is awesome! Great use of custom scenery!

Thank you!

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2022, 02:00 PM »
I'm amazed to see new content still being created in this game.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2022, 01:54 PM »
07-14-2022

Alright.. ready for some more pictures? Here they come! In the meantime there has been a lot of progress in the park! The Main Street is getting bigger and bigger. There is still some work to do on detailing and foliage, but it is all coming slowly together.

This is a nice little take-away restaurant. Here you can get small snacks or drinks, like coffee and donuts. It is one of the first shops you will walk past when entering the park, so either you take a good cup of coffee to start your day at your park or take a donut back home when leaving the park.

On the other side is a much larger restaurant. Here you can have a diner at the evening, you can sit inside and outside on the terrace!

Here you can enjoy a nice view from all the people walking by when enjoying your meal!

This is the middle section of the Main Street, where you can sit and relax. In the background you see a building that is currently under construction. That’s why not all of the logos are on the building yet. On the left side of the building is an arcade with some cool games to play, and on the right side is another restaurant with terrace. (pictures of that are coming soon!)

Small adjustments to the entrance such as logo’s, texts and flags.

Coming to a new area of the park… here we have the first little attraction of the park, some trampolines!

Parents can enjoy the views from the pathways.

And in the area we find another flat ride! I still haven’t got a name for it, but that will also come very soon since it is all under construction.

From a different angle.

Also gave a little update on Corkscrew, new entrance logo and a new station. Pictures of that I will post later on since corkscrew is in an other area!

But now! We come to the biggest update so far! A new coaster! You may have seen it already in some pictures above but now you can see it in all of its glory! I present you: Canyon Run An Intamin launch coaster that interacts with the terrain around. I got a bit inspired by the megalite model, but gave it my own twist with a launch.

So yeah, a lot of work has been done, but there is still a lot of work to do! There are missing just these small little details, I will add them in the next update of course! I will see you on the next update!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 05:55 PM »
Good progress being made here! I like the alternating red & white rings on the launch tube of Canyon Run. I notice that you have shadows turned on, but it's too bad that shadows don't show up on custom path tiles and such. The park would look even better with more shadows. Also, increasing the in-game anti aliasing a bit would help get rid of the jaggedness that we see along the edges of things. Nice update! :up:

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2022, 05:09 AM »
Good progress being made here! I like the alternating red & white rings on the launch tube of Canyon Run. I notice that you have shadows turned on, but it's too bad that shadows don't show up on custom path tiles and such. The park would look even better with more shadows. Also, increasing the in-game anti aliasing a bit would help get rid of the jaggedness that we see along the edges of things. Nice update! :up:

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely take a closer look to my settings and see where I can improve things on that aspect.

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2022, 12:33 PM »
8-8-2022

It has been a few weeks since the last post. There has been a lot of progress! 2 new flatrides, 2 new restaurants and 2 new coasters have been added to park!

This is the newest restaurant that has been added to the park! It is also the biggest restaurant of the park! It provides alot of seating inside and outside, and have multiple order and checkout desks. The food that can be order varies from burgers to pizza.

Behind the restaurant we find the new flatride named: Revolution. Hidden in the beautifull nature that can be found all across the park! There is also a nice picnic area where you can relax, eat or wait for your kids  :D

A very nice ride for thrillseekers!

And now! Time for some pictures of the new coasters! Meet: Zibu and Leki 2 dueling Vekoma junior coasters. A custom layout that will take you from the beautiful beach back to the green forest.

This coaster is located right at the end of the mainstreet! It provides very nice views all around, onboard and from the pier.

At the end of the main street is now a large pond. From there you have a beautiful view of various attractions.

I went a bit crazy with the supports, but I think it worked out quite nice at the end.

This is the other restaurant, it can be find at the new plaza right in the middle of Beach Racers. I still need to find a name and a logo design, but I will add that later on. This restaurant is mainly designed for take-out food, but there is also a litte sitting area.

And here is the other flatride Meet: Voyager, an enterprise that fits perfectly in this area. This enterprise was sold last year after it has traveld for many years. Now it has found a new home! The ride has been completely repainted and restored.

There is still alot of work to do before the park can open! Progress of that is coming soon! I will also give an update on different buildings, stations and logo designs that will be added soon!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 01:26 PM by FluxCobra »

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2022, 01:05 PM »
This is awesome! I love seeing all the custom scenery! Nice work.

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2022, 03:42 PM »
Really beautiful park so far! The scenery and rides are laid out very nicely, and the coasters look nice as well. I especially like the racing coaster.  ;D

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2022, 07:17 AM »
This is awesome! I love seeing all the custom scenery! Nice work.

Thank you!

Really beautiful park so far! The scenery and rides are laid out very nicely, and the coasters look nice as well. I especially like the racing coaster.  ;D

Thanky you, great to hear!

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2022, 08:32 AM »
08-31-2022

Time for a new update on the park! I'm very happy to tell you that this is a big update! Because we have a new area in the park! It’s named: Adventureland! It is surrounded by nature and rocks. In the area, there are 2 new rides, 1 new Restaurant and a take away pizza shop. The main ride of the area is a log flume named: Silver Mountain, this ride features 2 drops. One of them is backwards.

The entrance to Adventureland, the building also features a small toilet area on the left side.

When we walk further down the entrance, this is the first thing you will see! The drop of Silver Mountain. On the right side we can also see a small part of the new restaurant!

A closer look from the drop!

Bit of a areal view, we can also see the station from here.

Another view of the restaurant!

This is the restaurant named: Pine Tavern, here you can eat the best steak the park has to offer! Served with a traditional stuffed potato and sour cream.

When sitting outside you can enjoy some nice views from Silver River and the other new attraction in the area!

Meet: Explorer, this new thrilling flatride is a great addition to this area and fits this spot perfectly!

When we follow the path, we pass a small cave that leads to the entrance of Silver River.

Behind the cave we can see the beginning of the que line.

The que is fitted with some nice big covers, to protect the guests from the hot sun during summer season!

Here we have the station, I have chosen for separate loading and un-loading platforms. This will provide a bit more calming boarding into the boats.

To fit in with the nature aspect of the area, there has been used a lot of wood in the structures.

The ride starts with a turn to the left, you immediately float onto a turntable that will turn you around in the opposite direction. You will make another turn to the right and go up to the first drop…backwards!!

After the small backwards drop, we will go further to get ourselves ready for the big drop. Before that, the boat will go on to another turntable to get the boat in the right direction. That will happen in this warehouse.

We are getting close now!

Are you ready? Lets go!

Splash!

Well then, great. We are soaked. No problem, directly when you exit the ride you will walk straight into the drying machines! When you are hungry, you can take a pizza as well! 

One last overview of the new area!

I’ve also updated a few other things, lets take a look at them!

On the station of Zibu and Leki are now ride logos.

And a new logo for Sunset Restaurant!

And a small change to the support structure on the duelling Vekoma coaster. I made it a bit more realistic like this.

Thank you for sticking around with me on the new updates. I will continue to build further because there is a lot of space to fill… A new ride is already being constructed. One hint: It is not outside! See you next time!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2022, 12:59 PM »
Nice and woodsy and rocky; just what a good log flume ride needs. :)  I do wish the images were a tad brighter though. They seem kinda murky. Good update!

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2022, 02:32 AM »
Nice and woodsy and rocky; just what a good log flume ride needs. :)  I do wish the images were a tad brighter though. They seem kinda murky. Good update!

Haha thank you, that was exaclty where I was going for. About the pictures, that's the filter over it. I also found it a bit too dark this time. Next time I'll leave the filter off, I think it will be a lot brighter.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 03:05 AM by FluxCobra »

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2022, 05:01 AM »
09-29-2022

Time to give another update on the park! While I'm very busy with school and other related stuff, I found some time to get some work done in the park! This update may not look like much, but there has gone a lot of work in the buildings and planning the area.

So here we go, this update contains 2 new coasters and 2 new rides!

On the opposite direction of the entrance area you can now see these buildings. In front the new carrousel. The views you get from here are pretty nice, you can watch over the entire lake and enjoy other rides!

As you can see, I still need a logo for the ride. But that will be fixed soon.

And then the big star of this update: Mystery Mine A complete indoor coaster experience! The ride is located in the big building behind the shops and restaurants.

The complete station and queue line are in the main building as well. Now let's see some pictures from the inside!

Mystery Mine is a wild mouse coaster produced by: Maurer and Sohne. The ride also contains a little suprise as you can see  ;)!

The exit of the ride leaves you in the new restaurant of the area

Also new: This sidewalk. It is attached to a nice playground. Now parrents can watch their kids while eating lunch or having a drink.

The other flatride provides some nice views of the park! Meet: Sky Flyer

And ofcourse you probably saw it by now! What is that orange steel mess in the backround?

It is the newest coaster that the park is building: A B&M sitdown coaster! Containing 8 inversions! The coaster is not finished yet, so that is why I'm not showing everything.

So far this update! I hope to get some more work done soon!