« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2008, 06:26 AM »
'Do the Knowledge - Cold World'

Hardcore to the bone.

Offline Mach 7

• gaservesamerica.com
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to? (Music)
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2008, 11:45 PM »
I feel like i'll get beat up if I say it. And its not what you think it is.
Surely the Board knows what democracy is. It is the line that forms on the right. It is the don’t in don’t shove. It is the hole in the stuffed shirt through which the sawdust slowly trickles, the dent in the high hat. Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half the time. It is the feeling of privacy in the voting booths, the feeling of communion in the libraries, the feeling of vitality everywhere. Democracy is the letter to the editor. Democracy is the score at the beginning of the ninth. It is an idea which hasn’t been disproved yet, a song the words of which have not gone bad. It’s the mustard on the hot dog and the cream in the rationed coffee. Democracy is a request from a War Board, in the middle of the morning in the middle of a war, wanting to know what democracy is.

SK

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2008, 11:54 PM »
I feel like i'll get beat up if I say it. And its not what you think it is.
As long as its not metalcore or deathcore, you should be good.

Offline Mach 7

• gaservesamerica.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2008, 12:01 AM »
I would beat people up for that kind of stuff also.
Surely the Board knows what democracy is. It is the line that forms on the right. It is the don’t in don’t shove. It is the hole in the stuffed shirt through which the sawdust slowly trickles, the dent in the high hat. Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half the time. It is the feeling of privacy in the voting booths, the feeling of communion in the libraries, the feeling of vitality everywhere. Democracy is the letter to the editor. Democracy is the score at the beginning of the ninth. It is an idea which hasn’t been disproved yet, a song the words of which have not gone bad. It’s the mustard on the hot dog and the cream in the rationed coffee. Democracy is a request from a War Board, in the middle of the morning in the middle of a war, wanting to know what democracy is.

Offline GerBil

• Veteran Member and Official Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2008, 08:43 AM »
Needled 24/7 - Children of Bodom
My new home, seeing as how everyone good left Atari.

Offline TheFreshEffect

• That's not my bag baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2008, 03:23 PM »

What is exactly wrong with metalcore..? 'Between the Buried and Me' are one of the most unique, technical bands out there, their style and ability is unmatched.

Anyways..

'Untilltied demo - Partyshank'

SK

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2008, 04:02 PM »

What is exactly wrong with metalcore..? 'Between the Buried and Me' are one of the most unique, technical bands out there, their style and ability is unmatched.

Anyways..

'Untilltied demo - Partyshank'

Metalcore and deathcore are watered down versions of death metal in general. The music is so dumbed down its sad. And the fan base is horrble, ever heard of hardcore dancing? xD Between the Buried and Me is unmatched? HA, great joke. compared to most death metal bands, they're nothing. Especially technical death metal. I'll list a few.

ARSIS - We Are The Nightmare

Gorod practicing on guitars,

Necrophagist - Extreme Unction

Nile - Execration Text music

Quo Vadis - Silence Calls the Storm

Although, Between the Buried and me are of the better deathcore, I'll give you that.

Before I go way off topic,

Piecemaker by Cephalic Carnage
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 04:04 PM by SK »

Offline Mach 7

• gaservesamerica.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2008, 04:05 PM »
Now I have no clue what either of you are talking about so I wont comment. - Does this mean Smurfkiller is going to beat up someone?

SK

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2008, 04:09 PM »
Now I have no clue what either of you are talking about so I wont comment. - Does this mean Smurfkiller is going to beat up someone?

No? She asked what is wrong metalcore, I told her my reason. She also said that Between the Buried and Me is "unique, technical bands out there, their style and ability is unmatched." I disagree. Just debating.

159rocks

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2008, 08:42 PM »
I don't like music.

SK

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2008, 10:13 PM »
I don't like music.
That's quite a shame.

Silence Goes Unheard by Emeth
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 10:13 PM by SK »

Offline Bogeybo

• Ex G-Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2008, 09:52 AM »
So much better- Legally Blonde the musical soundtrack :P

SK

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2008, 07:51 PM »
Gleipnirs Smeder by Jotunspor

Offline Zach

• A Pirates Life For Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2008, 11:59 PM »
And Yet they Say- The Warriors

Makes me wanna hardcore dance.....
New Content Coming soon.

SK

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2008, 02:25 AM »
And Yet they Say- The Warriors

Makes me wanna hardcore dance.....

Your attempt to make me mad has failed. And the there is difference between Harcore dancing and the actual genre of hardcore. Hardcore dancing came from metalcore for pansies who too afraid to mosh so they flail the arms kick at the air. Plus, the band you listed is a true hardcore band instead of a scenekid wash out. You if you like that band I suggest The Haunted, former members of at the gates. Great stuff. ;) People seem like they are thinking that I hate anybody who listens to any core music. I have my opinion, but I don't hate everybody that listens to it. Its just, a lot of the fans are listening to it for the wrong reasons, and majority of the bands are only playing for the money.

Bondage Goat Zombie by Belphegor

« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 02:30 AM by SK »

Offline TheFreshEffect

• That's not my bag baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2008, 08:05 AM »
Metalcore and deathcore are watered down versions of death metal in general. The music is so dumbed down its sad. And the fan base is horrble, ever heard of hardcore dancing?

I'm not going to even bother showing how wrong you are, fail.

Between the Buried and Me is unmatched? HA, great joke. compared to most death metal bands, they're nothing. Especially technical death metal. I'll list a few.

Compared to most death metal bands they're a fresh line up, I've yet to hear a single band like them and unless you own all their albums you can't say otherwise.

Although, Between the Buried and me are of the better deathcore, I'll give you that.

They are not deathcore, they are metalcore but they did progress from a somewhat genre you could consider as deathcore.

No? She asked what is wrong metalcore, I told her my reason. She also said that Between the Buried and Me is "unique, technical bands out there, their style and ability is unmatched." I disagree. Just debating.

I'm a 'he', not a 'she'.

Your attempt to make me mad has failed. And the there is difference between Harcore dancing and the actual genre of hardcore. Hardcore dancing came from metalcore for pansies who too afraid to mosh so they flail the arms kick at the air.

You couldn't be more wrong, hardcore dancing was invented when hardcore was, way back in the 80s, not because of some pansy metalcore kids who were scared. If you actually knew hardcore dancing originated from two step back in the 80s, and that gwad awful crab like dance. I personally don't do it but when I go to shows there is about 10+ people doing said dances, which is nothing compared to the overall amount. Hell I've seen people hardcore dance to Sum 41 and MCR, if they wanna do it then let them do it.

Fail.

Plus, the band you listed is a true hardcore band instead of a scenekid wash out.

Fail again, most hardcore bands nowadays are still true to its roots, those bands you refer to as scenekid wash outs are deathcore bands, brutal stuff.

Its just, a lot of the fans are listening to it for the wrong reasons, and majority of the bands are only playing for the money.

No, a lot of fans are listening to it because they enjoy it, same goes for the bands. This whole "doing it for the money" was a pathetic attempt to outcast bands you hate.

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2008, 12:26 PM »
By the Way - RHCP! :D

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2008, 12:39 PM »
Shoulda Known Better - Unwritten Law

mattylawson666

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2008, 12:43 PM »
Sigur Rós - Hoppípolla

Offline Zach

• A Pirates Life For Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2008, 04:00 PM »
blue Collar man - Styx
New Content Coming soon.

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2008, 04:03 PM »
KISS

DrowGirl

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2008, 04:17 PM »
Worlds Apart - Blue Stone

They're a new group.  If you like electronica or trance, you should check them out.

SK

« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2008, 06:29 PM »
Metalcore and deathcore are watered down versions of death metal in general. The music is so dumbed down its sad. And the fan base is horrble, ever heard of hardcore dancing?

I'm not going to even bother showing how wrong you are, fail.

Between the Buried and Me is unmatched? HA, great joke. compared to most death metal bands, they're nothing. Especially technical death metal. I'll list a few.

Compared to most death metal bands they're a fresh line up, I've yet to hear a single band like them and unless you own all their albums you can't say otherwise.

They are not deathcore, they are metalcore but they did progress from a somewhat genre you could consider as deathcore.

I'm a 'he', not a 'she'.

Your attempt to make me mad has failed. And the there is difference between Harcore dancing and the actual genre of hardcore. Hardcore dancing came from metalcore for pansies who too afraid to mosh so they flail the arms kick at the air.

You couldn't be more wrong, hardcore dancing was invented when hardcore was, way back in the 80s, not because of some pansy metalcore kids who were scared. If you actually knew hardcore dancing originated from two step back in the 80s, and that gwad awful crab like dance. I personally don't do it but when I go to shows there is about 10+ people doing said dances, which is nothing compared to the overall amount. Hell I've seen people hardcore dance to Sum 41 and MCR, if they wanna do it then let them do it.

Fail.

Plus, the band you listed is a true hardcore band instead of a scenekid wash out.

Fail again, most hardcore bands nowadays are still true to its roots, those bands you refer to as scenekid wash outs are deathcore bands, brutal stuff.

Its just, a lot of the fans are listening to it for the wrong reasons, and majority of the bands are only playing for the money.

No, a lot of fans are listening to it because they enjoy it, same goes for the bands. This whole "doing it for the money" was a pathetic attempt to outcast bands you hate.

Why won't you bother to show me that I'm wrong? Do you want me to compare bands like Aborted against bands like Bring Me The Horizon when it comes to their guitar work? Don't give me that crap. but they're not that fresh, Too me it sounds like just another metalcore band that got popular. And I don't need to buy an album, all I have to do is go on their myspace, youtube or whatever to listen to their songs. Its not Technical at all. I mean, did you even look at the links? Most hardcore, metalcore, deathcore bands ARE scenekid washouts, want me to show Job For A Cowboy, they are perfect example. And just a band is "brutal" does not mean its good. A lot of the fanbase is listening to it for the wrong reasons, they're listening because they thinking they're cool. You know exactly the kind of people I'm talking about.

Offline Bogeybo

• Ex G-Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2008, 10:16 PM »
[title of show] - secondary characters

Its just two dang good of a shows music

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2008, 10:25 PM »
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid

The Offspring