List of NoLimits Tools/Objects.etc - UPDATED 2013

• 13 replies
List of NoLimits Tools/Objects.etc - UPDATED 2013
« on: May 27, 2011, 09:03 AM »
EDITED 23/05/13 - Cotda

This list compiles almost all of the tools & objects made for Nolimits Coaster. ;)

UPDATED LINKS - NOW WORKING!

-------Objects-------

Object Creator Pack

This simple, yet powerful .3ds modelling tool allows you to create scenery for your rides, using a feature rich and easy to use graphical interface. You can also your own textures to add to your objects. This is a demo version and has a maximum of 10 brushes, but you can copy and paste to make more. Unfortunately you can no longer acquire a registered copy.

Bye Tom Rock Pack

This amazing set by Bye Tom includes 5 sets with 5 rocks in each set. These rocks are perfect for any themed Nolimits coaster you with to create. Plus, you can even change the texture of the rocks whenever you want! here is how you do it:

Quote from: Bye Tom
Make your own rock set:
 1. Duplicate any of the existing rock sets (for instance "Gray Rocks", "Icy Rocks" etc).
 2. Rename this folder (the one you just duplicated) to whatever you want your Rock set to be called (for instance "My Rock set".
 3. Grab a texture.
 5. Make sure the texture is a jpeg image (with the extension .jpg)
 4. Make sure this texture is tileable.
 5. Make sure the texture has a width and height which is the power of 2. For instance 128px * 128px, 256x256 etc. (512x512 pixels is the resolution I used).
 6. Open the folder you created and renamed earlier.
 7. Replace the file called "tex.jpg" with your texture
 8. You can now use your own Rock set with NoLimits like you've used any of the other rock sets!

-------Tools-------

Newton 2

Newton 2 is probably the most powerful NoLimits track building tool available today. It allows users to shape tracks using sliders. This tool also allows the use of time zones and gives you the ability to create lift hills, break runs and more thanks to it's different track geometry types. It's by far the best of the two applications and is a tool that a lot of track builders use.

Auto Flanger

This is a useful little tool when it comes to supporting rides. It adds Flanges to the supports of your coaster and helps to make them look that little bit more realistic. It's easy to use and works really well. Some flanges do not line up quite right on NoLimits Version 1.6 and above, but they are easy to fix manually.

Tunnel Maker

The tunnel maker is a really handy little tool, it allows users to create a tunnel based on a shape that they design, you can then load the track and it creates a .3ds tunnel over all the tunnelled sections on the coaster. You can also select the colour of the tunnel and more. It's a really handy tool that works really well.

ASG - Auto Supports Generator

This is the first and currently only release of the Automatic Support Generator. This application allows users to place supports based on the location of prefabricated supports in a track file. This program currently does not have a user interface. To use it, simply drag the track file into the .exe file and it will do the rest.

No Limits Coaster Calculator

This tool is really useful for hand builders, it allows you to calculate the radius needed to produce a pump free turn, as well as many other features. It's so easy to use and works really well. Make sure you check it out and let it help you with your coaster designing. It's useful, but has been built into other programs such as Newton.

Mac Version = Mac - Coaster Calculator

NL Elementary - Full

This tool allows you to build elements using a fomula based system. It's very powerful and takes a lot of getting used to. This tool you would combine with purgatorium and the AHG to create really well thought out tooled designs. This tool has been made redundant by Newton, but is still very useful for those quick elements that would take a lot of time to make using Newton.

NL Supports Cleaner

This is a great little tool that can optimize the supports on your coaster, it works on all types of supports, wood and steel and removes the need for any doubled up support beams. It's very useful for those who suffer with poor frame rates on wooden and support intensive rides. This is easy to use and works every time.

-------Other-------

Track Packager

This is the most widely used tool, it allows you to pack and unpack coaster track packages. It's really useful for coasters that have other files attached to them, such as .3ds and cartextures. It is recommended for all NoLimits Coaster users who download and upload tracks

Mac Version=No Limits Pack Extractor Mac

Construction Kit

This is a great tool that allows users to see their rides in a 3d version. It also has .3ds track exporting, but you are no longer able to purchase a full version which enables this feature. Never the less, it is still a great tool and combines so many features into one, it also allows you to change the speed of segments and add some really artistic track colours to your coasters.

**EDIT**
The NoLimits Construction Kit was made free a little while back. Here's the registration info:

Name: No_Limits-Free@Construction.Kit
Code: m13959424-d11964450-QpmVtrT

Warning -  Broken Links - Original Post
Spoiler (hover to show)

Links:

Track Download's - WORKING
http://www.digital-experiment.de/index.htm
http://coastercafe.coaster-net.com/exchange/
http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/
http://nolimits-exchange.com/
http://www.coasterfuel.com/

Broken
http://www.twistedrails.com/ride_op/

Beginner tutorial:

Note: Any link in Blue you will need to register.

--------------
If anybody has a link to some other tools/websites, post them here.  ;)

*EDIT* Thanks Codta for changing the link to working ones.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:44 AM by Explosivo »

Offline Swiftman

• He's watching...
    • View Profile
Re: list of nolimits tools/objects.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 12:48 PM »
The NoLimits Construction Kit was made free a little while back. Here's the registration info:

Name: No_Limits-Free@Construction.Kit
Code: m13959424-d11964450-QpmVtrT
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" ~Leonard di Vinci
Super Mod on the BGWFans Forums
Blog • Twitter • Facebook • deviantART

Re: list of nolimits tools/objects.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 04:27 PM »
Fixed :D

Re: List of NoLimits Tools/Objects.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 07:11 PM »
Stickied. :)

Re: List of NoLimits Tools/Objects.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 11:48 AM »
Stickied. :)

Thanks Dark. :)

I have updated the list along with some websites too. :up:

Re: List of NoLimits Tools/Objects.etc
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 02:12 PM »
The list has been updated with some more links. :D

If anybody has a link to some tools, track exchange, registration required or not, Post them Please. :)

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 05:41 PM »
Update: Added tutorial section with no tutorials yet. will be added soon

Again, if you have any sites with tracks/tuts/objects Etc., Please post here.

Offline SupremeBordeaux

• Theme Park Studio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 07:49 AM »
All of the "CoasterChamber" links are broken :( Does anybody still have these tools, I would really like to try them out and use them!?

Sorry for the BUMP btw

Offline ZedStudios98

• Also known as Zed98
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 02:55 AM »
All of the "CoasterChamber" links are broken :( Does anybody still have these tools, I would really like to try them out and use them!?

Same here.  If anyone has the CoasterChamber content, I would appreciate it if they could send it to me.  (Specifically the NL Construction Kit)
~Zed98
Current Projects: -none-

Offline retrobunny

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 04:49 PM »
You should be able to find some tools here:
http://www.digital-experiment.de/tools.htm

I'm still looking for the cs-park-pack, if anyone has a link to it.  :)

Offline SupremeBordeaux

• Theme Park Studio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 05:58 PM »
^
Thanks  :D

Offline retrobunny

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 02:15 PM »
I checked the links at the digital-eXperiment and they seem to be dead :( . Sorry about that. I'm still ;ooking for the tools and the cs park pack. I'll let you know if I find some working links.

Offline retrobunny

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 03:58 PM »
Okay, so I found working links to some tools made by Gravimetrics at http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16602

The links are active, but you have to sign-up in order to download. Hope this helps a little. :)

Offline Cotda

• View Profile
Re: List of NoLimits Tools/Objects.etc - UPDATED 2013
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 08:35 AM »
I have taken the time to go through the list and delete un-locatable items (OP in Spoiler!) and add NEW working links to all those where possible!

Enjoy!