Trip to Six Flags over Georgia!

• 7 replies

Offline Krypt

• Death's Sidekick
    • View Profile
    • Krypt's Galaxy
Trip to Six Flags over Georgia!
« on: July 03, 2011, 07:31 PM »
Hey guys. I just got back from Atlanta, and I gotta say, I really enjoyed my visit to Six Flags over Georgia. I had so many firsts at this park. First eurofighter, first drop past 95 degrees, first B&M hyper coaster, first stand up coaster, first B&M flyer, and first pretzel loop!  :D

Some pics I took with my camera phone (LG Rumor Touch) in the parking lots on the way to the entrance.

When I entered the park, I was suprised to see that the attendance was down. This is the second six flags park ive been to where the attendance has been low, especially compared to Six Flags over Texas. Six Flags Fiesta Texas is the other park with low attendance. At SFOG, the longest wait was 30 mins, and that was for Superman Ultamite flight. Anyways, I took a left and made my way to Georgia Schorcher, my first ever stand up coaster. Ive gotta say, it was a great coaster. I enjoyed my stand up experience. In the station, my mom was having a little trouble getting adjusted. She is 5'2, 116lbs, and she didn't have enough weight to push the little seat down. The employees had to lower it for her because her fet were dangling! :n00b: ;D

Next, I was on my way to Dare Devil Dive. I decided to come back later because the line was kinda long, so I went to Gotham City, where we rode Batman the Ride and Mindbender.

I left Gotham City, and headed over to Goliath, my first B&M hyper coaster. I have never had so much airtime in my life oh my goodness! Not even Titan provides that much airtime. Superman Krypton Coaster use to be my favorite B&M coaster. Not anymore. :up:

From there, I headed towards the back of the park and rode Ninja, my first full circuit Vekoma coaster. Though it was rough, I had fun. I still kinda liked it. After Ninja came Great American Scream Machine. Great wooden coaster in my opinion.

Superman Ultamite Flight!!! :D My first B&M flyer and first Pretzel Loop experience. This ride = Amazing!! :D

An hour left before the park closes, I headed back to Dare Devil Dive. My plan payed off. The line was shorter! My first eurofighter coaster and first drop past 95 degrees. To be honest though, I was a bit dissapointed with the 95 degree drop. While it was fun to experience, I was expecting it to be a stomach turning drop. Ive felt 62 degree drops more thrilling than this. :down: The ride itself was great. I enjoyed it. Btw, the vertical lift is freaky, especially since I was sitting in the front row! :eek:

Last ride of the day. Georgia Cyclone. Holy crap that ride is rough, even by my standards! (I didn't think the old texas giant was rough ;)) Based on that statement, for me to say Georgia Cyclone was rough, it really is rough then. I felt bad for my mom and her light weight being jerked around. :(

Also, this was my first wooden coaster cyclone layout. I finally got to experience the Coney Island Cyclone (somewhat):D

Some pics I took as I left the park.

I was trying to catch the train in the loop of this picture. I purposely cut off the top half of the loop. Guess where the train ended up when I took the picture. :mad:

Overall, a great park and a great trip. I am glad I went. I got to experience so many new rides. If I had a chance to come back, I definetly would. :)

- Kryptakwanakunalite
Website back online!
http://krypt.weebly.com/

"No Limits tracks. Lagging your computers one NL custom track at a time!"

Offline Prodigy

• CF7 / HiddenMickey
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
Re: Trip to Six Flags over Georgia!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 10:39 PM »
Looks like you had fun :D nice pics!

tiger01

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 11:16 PM »
Comming from me (A usual Eurofighter rider) The hills are quite freaky but you get used to it! SFOG looks really cool. Especially with the great selection of coasters they have!  :D

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 07:45 AM »
Good pics there Krypt. I don't know much about any Six Flags parks, but I am learning through all these various trip reports people are posting.

Offline Titan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 12:08 PM »
I want to ride Dare Devil Dive now.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 06:07 PM »
That's awesome! I had season passes there last summer, and I gotta say, it has a HUGE ride selection. I think it's about 8 or 9 different coasters. Goliath was my favorite. :up:

Offline markysharky17

• Intamin and B&M all the way!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 06:44 PM »
What did u think of my main thrill park krypt? What was the wait time. Also ninja is the only coaster to do a butterfly loop. It hurts those but fun. Next time you go tell me. Maybe I can meat you.  :) :)
Coaster Count #165 Last coaster was The Beast
1. Intimidator 305 2. Skyrush 3. El Toro 4. Bizzaro (SFNE) 5. Maverick 6. Fury 325 7. Millennium Force 8. Kingda Ka 9. StormRunner 10. Top Thrill Dragster 11. Goliath (SFOG) 12. Nitro 13. Intimidator 14. Manta(SWO) 15. Montu 16. Kumba

Offline Dr Drew

• Hi there, Stranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 07:49 AM »
Please excuse my bump but I love this park so much. I used to go there and I have ridden every single ride in the park. (Except daredevil dive) it brings back a while buncha memories.