The "What did you just do in RCT3?" Thread

• 8411 replies

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
Re: The "What did you just do in RCT3?" Thread
« Reply #8370 on: June 05, 2018, 05:11 PM »
Sooo I played around and started to work on a new park. "Alpen Park" might be a "coming soon". If I find time to build, that is. :)

Offline CoasterdesignerNo1

• Welcome to the shit show!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #8371 on: June 15, 2018, 01:36 PM »
So glad to see you're back, I loved your older projects. I like this park so far, can't wait to see what else you're going to do with it!
Hope you like this one too.

-pic-
Trying to mess around with a log flume. I'm pretty happy with the layout but the main problem is theming. I used 30° diagonals so there are no CS sets to theme the drops, so I had to go with the classic forest theme. Anyone has suggestions for theming this thing?
I love it already. Your CT adds so much realism!

Awesome job to both FrancesCoaster and CoasterDesignerNo1.

@CoasterDesignerNo1: I love how the coaster weaves in and out of the temple. The rapids attraction also looks phenomenal and I cannot wait for more!

@FrancesCoaster: It is always amazing to see your works. I am super happy to see you are still creating!
Thank you, Cody!

@Elch: the entrance looks amazing

Recording my first time-lapses to do a sort of "Let's Play"

Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline L4C Designs

• Coasters are great but dark rides are fun too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: June 25, 2018, 12:35 AM »

:mouse: :sorcerer: :mouse:

(Created in SketchUp, turned into CS, imported into RCT3)

*Not complete
Disney Realms - A New Kind of Magic Kingdom - Coming in 2019
http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,18972.0.html

Offline Chromin

• I mostly just lurk nowadays
    • View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: July 10, 2018, 01:52 PM »
I placed a few trees.

Nothing to see here

guest17302

« Reply #8374 on: November 23, 2018, 02:23 PM »

I may have made something.
Can you please give me that link of you made a Custom Scenery of WDW Space Mountain Sign?

Offline francescoaster

• Custom Content for Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8375 on: January 23, 2019, 02:10 PM »
Just some random messing around with a Mack water coaster with a pirate theme.
The layout features an elevator lift (into what's becoming the "crowd nest", and a tunnel under the ship-station, plus some geysers and props (to simulate cannons). About 23m high, both drops (the first curved one and the straight one into the tunnel) are about 20m

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: January 23, 2019, 03:13 PM »
I like it! The elevator section is an interesting and exciting choice for the lift. Have you had any problems with it? I've never used it before.

Offline Rob72

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: January 24, 2019, 01:53 AM »
What set is the water coaster elevator lift?  Many thanks.

Edit:  Just found it!  :D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 03:56 AM by Rob72 »

Offline Loundlim

• aka Julez Bernd
    • View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: January 25, 2019, 03:37 PM »
wow so the Elevator that is compatible with the ML04 track also seems to fit the Mack water coaster track. nice!
Awesome theme idea and layout btw! I love that bunny hop that comes from underneath the station and leads into the splash zone!

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: January 25, 2019, 05:46 PM »
That's a beautifully themed coaster, francescoaster! I hope you make a POV.

Online cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: January 25, 2019, 08:45 PM »
Pretty good looking water coaster! Makes me think of doing something for Pirates Of The Caribbean..... ::)

Offline francescoaster

• Custom Content for Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: January 27, 2019, 03:54 PM »
wow so the Elevator that is compatible with the ML04 track also seems to fit the Mack water coaster track. nice!
Awesome theme idea and layout btw! I love that bunny hop that comes from underneath the station and leads into the splash zone!

The elevator for some reason doesn't fit the ML water coaster track, so I put the watercoaster car on the ML04 track and then covered the most of the layout with a dummy watercoaster track (and my river raft ct for the water channel on the final part).

Pretty good looking water coaster! Makes me think of doing something for Pirates Of The Caribbean..... ::)

I'm keeping this up adding more theming, but I think PotC is a bit too mainstream, so thinking about some sort of "Secret of Monkey Island" themed pirate boat ride to build in this new pirate area, still have to think about the story.  :-\

That's a beautifully themed coaster, francescoaster! I hope you make a POV.

I may make a video of the whole area when it will be finished (if I ever decide it will be finished). I changed PC recently and with the new setup I can record using the ingame recorder at normal game speed so I think I'll be able to make more videos.

Offline Drew_

• meme magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: January 29, 2019, 11:54 PM »
surprised to see people still playing this game, see a few familiar names dunno if anyone remembers me though nbd....

fired up rct tonight cuz why not, working on a mini b&m hyper.......

left the hud on, oops

Offline Loundlim

• aka Julez Bernd
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: February 10, 2019, 11:29 AM »
After quite a few months, probably even more than a year I finally played RCT3 again. My laptop's CD drive stoped reading cds properly back then but just a few days ago I found out that there is a "no CD" RCT3plus.exe floating around the web and that worked wonders. I havn't built anything too serious so far so no continuation of old projects just yet but I came up with some somewhat interesting things I guess:

The first thing is an asian B&M Inverted Coaster that is supposed to be built on a floating mountain. Apart from the coaster there will be a few other rides as well. I wanted the wohle thing to work with peeps so I build a bunch paths and that seems to ruin the whole thing. You see... the mountain I'm talking about isn't really there yet at all and to be honest there is more path and coaster track than space for rocks and vegetation so it would look like swiss cheese with more holes than cheese. I also build it waaaayyy to close to the ground to make it look like the whole thing floats. There IS a gap between the rides, coaster and paths but it very small. So I probably will retry this concept an other time.

The next thing is a half coaster half darkride type of ride inspired by Droomvlucht. I gave the Efteling a visit a few weeks back and I really liked Droomvlucht but I wanted to make my own version. As you can see the cars aren't hanging from the track but are still able to rotate however I used that to add more short traditional coaster elements to the ride in order to make it more thrilling. However I still wanted it to have that slightly wonky "prototype ride" feel that Droomvlucht had (at least to me) so the transitions between elements intentionally aren't all that smooth. Not that RCT3 really allows for a smooth track anyways but it really came in handy here. In addition to all that I wanted to make it feel like a proper drakride and not some over the magic "not even Disney could affort it" style dark ride that is absolutely gigantic so there will be good scenery but also slightly visible evac catwalks here and there as well as support beams and a visible roof of the show building. As if the park tried their best to hide the ride mechanics and essential sturctual things to get the thing going but only could so so much. Thats why you can already see a spiral stair case that leads up to the lift hill cat walk that is part functional bit part scenery. obviously this is all meant to be indoor so it will be a lot darker and not as visible. You get the overall idea. Like what fisherman did with that darkride he made that exact set for
Spoiler (hover to show)
but in a setting where the park didn't have such a high budget and instead of a constant speed ride its half dark ride half coaster. Like I said before.

The last thing is my usual Disney level theming "Indiana Jones mine cart rollercoaster" not much to talk about here really.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 11:32 AM by Loundlim »

Offline monkster87

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: March 07, 2019, 02:39 PM »
Been away from the game for a while, decided it was time to finish the park entrance off

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8385 on: March 07, 2019, 04:20 PM »
Wow, if that elaborate and beautiful structure is just the park entrance, then I wonder what the rest of the park will be like. :o  Maybe you have plans to use the building for other things as well? I do that a lot in my parks- any building/structure that takes up a lot of polys gets repurposed for 2, 3, or more rides, etc. Looking forward to seeing more of this. :up:

Offline monkster87

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8386 on: March 08, 2019, 02:27 PM »
Thank you, unfortunately tried to load the game today and the save is corrupt. It was going to be a baroque/classical architecture themed park. Oh well, on to the next one.... Going to do a GoT themed park which I've been putting off for ages. Starts off with Winterfell as the entrance and branches off to Castle Black and The Wall, King's Landing and Mereen.

Offline Loundlim

• aka Julez Bernd
    • View Profile
« Reply #8387 on: March 23, 2019, 03:56 PM »
Yesterday I traveled back in time...

To the year 2008 to be exact.
I thought it was time to build one of those nostalgic hybrid coasters once again. And by that I don't mean RMCs... Those weren't around yet. ::)

I mean the high energy B&M track Vekoma corkscrew car hybrid rides that just were fast, colorful, totally other the top and often accompanied by trance or happy hardcore. :love: :love: :love:

I made a few of those back then as well and I just missed the old times. Here is a little preview of what I want this one to be. I didn't stay to the "original" formula too much and made it a bit unusual. You'll see what I mean especially if you compare it to some of Stratales' creations (The videos are still on his channel but only available via the playlists) and similar rides from 2008.

I made a quick video showing the main feature of the ride, the launch (which required some video editing magic) and parts of the layout.

Here you go:

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8388 on: March 24, 2019, 08:39 PM »
Disney's Discovery Kingdom

Offline Germs

• Respectable Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: April 10, 2019, 10:00 PM »
I just did a fresh download of years worth of custom content on my relatively new laptop. I'm excited to see how RCT3 runs on something other than my 10 year old desktop!

Offline planetthrilldude57

• I'll be with your table in just a moment....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8390 on: April 11, 2019, 10:00 AM »
Going through trial and error to import my first object in the game. It's a pain but I'm determined.  :)

Offline Germs

• Respectable Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: April 15, 2019, 10:21 PM »

Finished layout + started supports for my first project in years, an early RMC.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: April 15, 2019, 11:03 PM »
That's gonna take a lotta wood. Gonna have to chop down a whole forest (maybe two)!

Offline RidesRCT

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: May 02, 2019, 07:47 PM »
Working in a Colossus from Thorpe Park Recreation

Offline planetthrilldude57

• I'll be with your table in just a moment....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8394 on: May 04, 2019, 09:43 AM »
Just messing around with the different sci-fi sets

Offline The Grey

• Professional Roller Coasterer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: May 22, 2019, 06:05 PM »
Been a while since I've played.... wanted to actually play the game and use only in game scenery and 2 cheats [M Brookes and David Walsh] No other forms of modifying at all [game code was stock]

Iron Eagle

Feels so weird to play the game for the game lol
If it doesn't include either Roller coasters, Music or Hockey... count me out....

Online cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8396 on: May 22, 2019, 07:27 PM »
That is always a weird feeling. I know when I play the "missions" at times I am so lost!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: May 22, 2019, 09:55 PM »
I go through phases. For a year or two I'll play scenarios (in-game or user-made), then I'll get the urge to make sandbox parks for a year or two. Then back to scenarios, etc. You learn a lot about the game by playing scenarios.

Offline The Grey

• Professional Roller Coasterer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: May 23, 2019, 12:22 PM »
Stinger.... Just messing around trying to make a cedar fair like invert from the early to mid 2000's. I don't know, I wasn't gonna post until the supports were done. But I do not like aspects of the empty space in the middle of the ride [where the overflow queue was originally going to go. Any suggestions?

If it doesn't include either Roller coasters, Music or Hockey... count me out....

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8399 on: May 23, 2019, 05:50 PM »
Maybe all it needs are some nice trees and shrubs to partially cover the queue; to add visual interest. Is this going to be themed in a specific way?