CS, CFR & CTR General Help Thread (Installation, Creation and More)

• 540 replies
Trying to make a CTR in the CTR creator and whenever I make one my game crashes to the tune of this error:

CTR_Track11ExpansionRide: track section 0 (0-based) of 218 unresolved: see trr file

Offline Gravquian

• Herbie Popnecker / The Fat Fury
    • View Profile
Re: CS, CFR & CTR General Help Thread (Installation, Creation and More)
« Reply #511 on: August 21, 2016, 03:12 PM »
CSO Grouping input sought...

Hey Y'all,

Ok... I've a question(s) about importing and SketchUp diagonal settings.  Just for
refference, I am mainly doing 1/4-tile related for now.

When you group your model at regular settings, the outline basically conforms
to the object outter edges.  With diagonal models you get a diamond (-ish)
outline, that varies depending on the size of your model.  And the reason for my
questioning on this topic.

After making a "reg" model and grouping it, it can be turned onto a diagonal
position (and renamed) with-out Exploding it (and regrouping).

Finally, the question(s):  Is it the prefered/required method to regroup the model as
a diagonal model?  Or, will the imported object work fine (as intended), if it is not
regrouped (as a diagonal)?

Thank you for any serious replies.
Cafe.Naver  File  Downloading  Tutorial  ... http://www.shyguysworld.com/Archive/index.php/topic,12722.0.html
 Shameful plugs: Gravquian's Generics & Gravquian's Rug Thread

" A novel set, requires more than novice experience! "

Offline coasterfreak53

• "Making Custom Scenery, one piece at a time." ~ CF
    • View Profile
    • Coasterfreaks~RCT3~All Things Custom
« Reply #512 on: August 30, 2016, 10:37 AM »
HELP... If I build a custom track ride car.. would anybody be interested in importing it for me. My knowledge of the CFR and CTR Creator puzzles and confuses me. All or any help would be appreciated. I will send all textures and files to you.. Please inbox me if you are willing to help me!

Doors will need to open and close as well...

Thank you, Coasterfreak!

Offline Blackbiird

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • FRCT3 - Le Forum RollerCoaster
« Reply #513 on: September 13, 2016, 09:42 AM »
Hi everybody,
I have recently been using the CategoryTool by Jdrowlands.( http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,5341.60.html )
The tool looks nice but I have a problem with the two ovl files. When i place them into gui (and others) folder, the game crashes.
I think, it's because i'm also using the terrain texture replacement by djF (it modifies the 2 ovl files too).
Any solution ?
Thx

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 02, 2016, 08:12 PM »
Does anybody know if it's possible to make a recolorable design section on a texture without the background being recolorable? It might sound weird, but I tried an alpha overlay on my model and you could see the edges, so I thought it would be better if it were all one texture.  :n00b:

« Reply #515 on: October 02, 2016, 11:22 PM »
Does anybody know if it's possible to make a recolorable design section on a texture without the background being recolorable?  :n00b:
I don't see how you could. Colors are assigned to one of the three color layers, RGB. Unless your background color is completely devoid of one of the three colors, RED.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 11:41 PM by ParkFink »

« Reply #516 on: October 02, 2016, 11:39 PM »
CSO Grouping input sought...

... Is it the prefered/required method to regroup the model as
a diagonal model?  Or, will the imported object work fine (as intended), if it is not
regrouped (as a diagonal)? ...

Gravquian, I believe your concern is regarding the shift in the group's axis and the answer, at least for me, is that it has no effect. I don't know for certain that there aren't potential technical problems, but I've never experienced any.

FlightToAtlantis

« Reply #517 on: October 03, 2016, 09:08 AM »
Does anybody know if it's possible to make a recolorable design section on a texture without the background being recolorable? It might sound weird, but I tried an alpha overlay on my model and you could see the edges, so I thought it would be better if it were all one texture.  :n00b:

As ParkFink suggested I don’t think it’s possible to put both on one texture.

If I was attempting this I’d use two separate textures, one standard and the other recolorable.  Let’s say I was making a stone textured cube and on one side of that cube surrounded by the stone texture I wanted a triangle made up of a recolorable wood texture, so on that side of the cube there would be a non-colorable stone square with a recolorable triangle in the center.  I would use either of these methods:
  • On the face of the cube requiring both textures draw the triangle directly onto the square face, then paint the square surrounding the triangle in stone texture.  With the square painted in stone the triangle would still be the default texture and in the triangle is where I would put my recolorable wood texture.
  • Draw the cube, then draw the triangle separately from the cube so that you have the cube as one object and the triangle as another separate object.  Paint the cube in stone.  Paint the triangle in the recolorable wood texture.  Move the triangle and stack it flat next to one side of the cube so it’s just a wee bit off the surface of the cube, real close like you’d do in an alpha stack, only in this stack you’ve stacked the triangle up close against the cube.  That side of the cube would look like it’s two textures in one but it would actually be two objects, the triangle placed right up next to one face of the cube.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 09:11 AM by FlightToAtlantis »

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 03, 2016, 09:39 PM »
Thanks so much for the responses, guys! I'll probably end up trying your method, FTA. :)

Offline DACS

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 07, 2016, 02:34 AM »
... alright, for the second time in five years i desperately try to switch from sketchup to blender and still get stuck in the same place: Installing the rct3-needed scripts. I downloaded the last blender version 2.78 but even after manually installing the .py-files in blender there still show up no options like "exporting to modxml"...

Does anyone use this actual version for cso making or do i have to switch to an older version? or an older version of python?
Help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Gravquian

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 18, 2016, 04:47 PM »
Question:  How to pre-set the text/message, in a scrolling sign?
                 ( And/or the "Do Not Enter" function. )

Ref:  Such as the park main entry.  Where when the park is closed... the scroller displays
        "Closed".  But when you open the park... it displays the park name.

Thanks for any support in this matter.
Cafe.Naver  File  Downloading  Tutorial  ... http://www.shyguysworld.com/Archive/index.php/topic,12722.0.html

Does anyone understand how to use Techno's invisible laser domes? I can't seem to actually assign any lasers to the domes. After placing the dome, I had no problem adjusting the angle (the ray appears despite the dome being invisible). However, even after using the angle ray to locate the invisible dome, no amount of clicking would assign my laser to the dome.

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Does anybody out there know how to create neon signs? I know I've seen them before, but have no clue about what texture and importer setting to use. :n00b:

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
It's been ages since I used the importer, but I think you use "unlit". Please correct me, anyone, if I'm wrong.

Offline zyned

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • www.zyned.nl
Does anybody out there know how to create neon signs? I know I've seen them before, but have no clue about what texture and importer setting to use. :n00b:

Shyguy is right. When you give your texture 'Unlit' it will light in the dark. With neon, you can use an alpha texture and set it to  'AlphaUnlit' in the importer.

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Thanks for the responses, shyguy and zyned! That sounds pretty easy. :)

Offline Gravquian

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 08, 2018, 05:07 PM »
Hey Y'all,
     Need help locating a guide or Tut.  Am wanting to fabricate conforming fences.
Know there is a Tut/Guide or 2 dealing with conforming tiles... but was unable to
locate them via search. Nor in the ol'Tuts board.
     Thanks for any leads.

-Edit-
1.5. Objects that conform to the terrain
http://rct3.sourceforge.net/tutorials/advanced_tutorial.html#d0e142

Don't know if this will be helpful to others... or not.
-End Edit-
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 03:46 PM by Gravquian »

Offline phebe86

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 24, 2018, 02:36 AM »
hi...i have a problem whit the Sea Storm ride http://www.customscenerydepot.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=2277
it crash my game.....

Offline Chromin

• I mostly just lurk nowadays
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 24, 2018, 02:58 AM »
What exactly happened? What error message did you get? It's possible that you didn't install it correctly, or that there's an issue with this ride - judging by the comments there, it seems more people have had a similar issue in the past.

Also, it's possible that your PC isn't good enough. Did you use it in a built-up park or an empty one?
Nothing to see here

Offline phebe86

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 24, 2018, 04:36 AM »
What exactly happened? What error message did you get? It's possible that you didn't install it correctly, or that there's an issue with this ride - judging by the comments there, it seems more people have had a similar issue in the past.

Also, it's possible that your PC isn't good enough. Did you use it in a built-up park or an empty one?

" no :svd for :sid" error message....i had following  the READ ME file to install it.   :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 24, 2018, 09:07 AM »
Did you keep the creator's subfile when putting it into Style/Custom? I believe its ImagineerJohn and Jonnnyears. This will help in the future when downloading more CFRs by the same creators.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 24, 2018, 11:09 AM »
"no :svd for :sid" means you installed it wrong.

Offline phebe86

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 26, 2018, 01:12 PM »
Did you keep the creator's subfile when putting it into Style/Custom? I believe its ImagineerJohn and Jonnnyears. This will help in the future when downloading more CFRs by the same creators.

yes i did...i have another CFRs by Imagineer and it work

Offline IronWolfman15

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 06, 2018, 09:31 AM »
Hey all! I posted this in the TPR RCT3 thread a while back (July 2017) and just remembered I can post here: Anyone else have yesnt's Billboards 2.0 set? I can't find it anywhere inside the game, looking in-depth through all my scenery options. If anyone else has it, have you also had this problem?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 09:33 AM by IronWolfman15 »

Offline Chromin

• I mostly just lurk nowadays
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 06, 2018, 11:04 AM »
According to CS Depot, they should be under the billboards section. Did you look there? If not, try reinstalling the set.
Nothing to see here

Offline mari

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 21, 2018, 01:00 PM »
hey i'm having issues installing Vodhins flinstone CTR. everything seems to be in the right place but whenever I try to place the station the game crashes. any idea why?

Offline zyned

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • www.zyned.nl
« Reply #536 on: November 26, 2018, 02:27 PM »
Does someone know how to add a particle effect to a CTR?
When I import the car model as scenery, the particle effect works fine. But it doesn't show up when imported as a CTR.

Offline planetthrilldude57

• Building and rebuilding visions
    • View Profile
Hello! Anyone who's worked with blender, I am having a problem. I'm trying to animate this character model in blender. I'm trying to do a simple animation (move the characters arm up and down). Whenever I try to move the armature with the mesh, it seems its doesn't want to move. Is it because I've only applied one armature or is it because it's a sketch up model? I've watched several tutorials on youtube, followed all the steps and still no luck.

This is what I have so far. (I know this isn't a cs question per say as much as a blender question, but I really want want this to be my first "animated scenery" and I'm having trouble with this.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 07:29 PM by planetthrilldude57 »

Make the magic happen

Offline Gravquian

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 11, 2019, 03:55 PM »
Hey'ya Folks,

For cs/cso designing I personally prefer SketchUp.  But some don't.  There may
still be some (many ?) that would rather use MilkShake, or... Blender.  Those last
2 are... beyond me?  I failed horribly attempting Blender.

Are you fans of Blender aware of the tutorial :

If you visit: https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro , you can
download a 107.82mb PDF version of it. There is an "Adobe" symbol in the upper
portion of the page beside a "PDF version" link.  Just above the book image.

Did try to view (not save) the pdf.  But it stalled on me at 57,xxmb.  But that may
have been my error.  I've been doing heavy searching, downloading, and uploading
for near 2 days.  And may need to shut this laptop down for a spell.  Let the buffers
clear out.  While doing cs/cso searches I often have several windows in use... :) !
My isp, and mining sites, may not like me much any more.

Any way, if you are a Blender user... this might be handy for you to have available.
Visit and read the title page, if you are interested.

Happy Gaming

=

Offline debismagicdeals

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 08, 2020, 11:58 AM »
 :clap:

I just wanted to let you know how much your posts have been appreciated, past and present. Playing all the  RTCs would not be the same without you and the others who have made all those wonderful additions.  A special thank you for your recent post, sharing information
you have learned is a gift to us all.  We should all follow your lead and share what we have learned.  What a world it would be.  Thank you again :2thumbup: :angel2: