Brighton Sands: Final thanks

• 2031 replies

Offline CGI144

• Back up your creations or suffer the consequences
    • View Profile
Brighton Sands: Final thanks
« on: November 08, 2011, 03:45 PM »
Steve Hunter:
My name is Steve Hunter. I currently work as a sole trader in Hove, East Sussex producing and selling pencils and writing equipment. As fun as it may be, my real ambition in life has been to enter the leisure industry. Unfortunately I have been quite unlucky following that goal despite me studying at the University of Sussex for 3 years. Once I finished university I found my dream job hard to come by and as a result had to pick up on the old Hunter family business of producing pencils and other office equipment.

My older brother, Samuel however has had some luck in the leisure industry. At a young age he was offered an apprenticeship deal with someone in the industry. By the age of 20 he was living my dream of working on the Palace Pier in Brighton. A few years back he announced his plan to move on from the pier and purchase some land to build an amusement park of his own on. This is his story...

1967:  Samuel researches into purchasing some land for his newest business venture to take place. (I assist him)

1968: A small plot of land next to the rebuilt and defunct East Pier is put up for sale by its owners. Me and my partner/brother Samuel purchased the land in hope of making his amusement park dream a reality.

1969:Work begins on preparing the purchased land. The beach is leveled out and plans are created for the amusement park to come to life.

1970:Work commences on the infrastructure of the park. Cement is poured and the neighboring pier is fitted with new and stronger supports.

1971:With the main structure of the park in place including sea boundaries and defenses, work starts on introducing a range of rides. Rides include a small Ferris wheel, a dive bomber ride, an antique Carousel and a giant wooden coaster manufactured by local tradesmen among other attractions. The wooden coaster would be branded as ONE of the parks two signature rides and has been given the grand title of 'The Wooden Rumbler'

1973:With the park nearing completion, one final attraction was brought in to the park; The Crazy Cottage. The ride was built and designed by the parks very own proprietor, my brother, Samuel who designed the whole structure inside and out.

1974 (present day): The park, which has been named The Sands was ready for its grand opening. Dozens flocked to Brighton by train and coach all anticipating the opening of the new amusement park.

The journey begins

You can get a great view of what you can expect from the Sands (taken from East side pier)

The Amusement park can be entered via a tunnel under the pier. The entrance was quite low budget. Still, it does the job its meant to! Maybe if more money is acquired in the future we can do it up a bit?

Here we have the Grande Carousel, the cafe by the sea and the Crazy cottage in the background. Samuel Hunter has promised me that it will be a hit with the crowds.

One of The Sand's main gems is the mighty wooden Rumbler Coaster. It look over 9 months for this beast to be assembled! A great family ride if you ask me. I am sure it will be pleasing patrons for years to come!

A view of the parks two main attractions, Wooden Rumbler and the Crazy Cottage. The Sand's was constructed alongside a beach with lots of room for future expansion. I for one, cannot wait to see what Samuel has up his sleeve for the future!

I will finish off with this picture of the fantastic new Crazy Cottage ride which Samuel created himself. It is more of a fun house which contains a range of cool features and illusions. I can't wait to go in there.
I also look forward to exploring this park in more depth soon.

I hope to return in the comings month. At the moment my sole priority is my home business.
Entertainment and fun must wait for now!

Steve Hunter

Any suggestions?

PRESENT DAY RECAP:CHARACTERS/STORY ON PAGE 24

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 01:59 PM by CGI144 »

Offline Grabowski

• I just want to ride coasters all day, everyday
    • View Profile
Re: The Sands (the journey begins!)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 05:25 PM »
Yes, piers have returned to the Rct3 Park community, lookin foreward to following this. Keep up the great work Cguy!
http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,15102.0.html

My car is classic, but my bitch is foreign -anonymous

BiotecVirus

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 12:51 AM »
a really good start, keep up the good work :D

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 01:41 AM »
I can see some really nice details. Good work so far. My favourite is that little terrace near the wooden rollercoaster, very clever.  :)

Offline CGI144

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 01:11 PM »
^Thanks guys  ;)

Baby steps

So far 'The Sands' is a hit. At first we had a slow but steady rate of patrons coming to see the new amusement park but over the past two months it would seem more and more people are finding out about us and coming to see what 'The Sands' has to offer.

One of the first sights that park comers see once they exit the entrance tunnel is the Water Wheel. A small Ferris wheel manufactured by L Jackqueline; a local trader in Hove. A small nautical themed cafe has been planted below the wheel which is quite neat.

The log flume is an interesting but short ride. It has some nice elements in it such as the big drop which will get you soaked and a narrow tunnel which boats pass through before getting back to the station.

At the back of The Sands lies this ride. It's called a Dive Bomber and its purpose is to literally turn your world upside down. The brick building below the bomber contains a little leisurely boat ride in the theme of swans. Its wizard!

The crazy cottage designed by Samuel Hunter is drawing in the majority of the crowds here at The Sands. I can't wait until I get the opportunity to take pictures of the interior.

As the day draws to a close I decide to make my way back to my house in Hove.

Steve Hunter
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 10:09 AM by CGI144 »

Offline CGI144

• View Profile
Re: The Sands amusement park (Baby Steps) 10/11/11
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 01:46 PM »

Welcome back to 'The Sands'. Its been an exciting few months and the amount of people visiting is really bringing the park to life. Samuel has done a good job at bringing people in from all over the country. He has worked in the leisure industry for some time now and has made some good contacts over the years. He is due on a trip to Europe in the next couple of months where he hopes to get a few ideas for new rides.

Today I thought it was time to explore a few of 'The Sands' less well known treasures. First up was box Racers!

A small section of the ride is located within the Wooden Rumbler itself.
I guess some people will know where I got inspiration for this bit from.

The rest is located along the banks of the lifthill section. It offers a different view of the Water Wheel on the way back to the station.

Elsewhere in the park...

If you put sixpence into the little machine and press a button, the pirates in the little out cove will move and sing. The animation lasts for approximately 2 minutes. A neat little touch!

Next on my list is Dino Journey. It is conveniently located under the pier itself.

One of Dino Journeys trains. Though they call it Dino Journey, there is not many prehistoric props inside the attraction. The ride basically takes you through a few small cave like tunnels and over a few logs.

The ending sequence of the ride.

After 6 long hours at the park I decided to head home! I have my own business to take care of.

Steve Hunter

This is still early days for the park so any advice or tips would be helpful.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 02:17 PM by CGI144 »

Offline CGI144

• View Profile
Re: The Sands amusement park: Hidden secrets 12/11/11
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 01:43 PM »
Third time lucky?  :closedeyes:

Welcome back. Samuel Hunter, owner and sole proprietor of the Sands Amusement park has briefly left the country in search of new rides and ideas from parks across Europe. During his absence, he has appointed Freddy Grant as general manager of the park. Today's focus will be on the Crazy Cottage attraction that Samuel designed and created himself.

Approaching the Crazy Cottage, all is calm. You start your journey into weirdness be entering the candy cane threshold.

The entrance hallway is perhaps the most normal of all the rooms in the cottage.
A few pictures to creep you out but nothing major.

I will skip the 3 small ground floor rooms and go straight to the Window of illusions room.

The buildings biggest room is the Window of illusions room. It kind of speaks for itself to be honest. A room full of windows and an odd assortment of ornaments attached to the walls here and there!

A small set of stairs lead you to the upper floor landing.

...Where you come face to face with Tibbles Jock clock. Bit of a peculiar scene (and name) if I am being totally honest, but I suppose that is exactly what this crooked house is meant to provide;weirdness

Another room of great interest is the stretched corridor which leads up to the main balcony (the back elevation of the cottage)

Sadly there is not much of a view from either balcony. Hopefully this will change in the future!

I think I will call it a day for now. I don't want to ruin all the surprises in the cottage for you.
Make your way to the Sands Amusement Park today where you can explore the Crazy Cottage for yourself as well as a host of other rides and attractions.

Steve Hunter

Apologies for writing the wrong time period year on the title.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 01:29 PM by CGI144 »

Offline RTRC

• Even rocks can break bones
    • View Profile
Re: The Sands amusement park: Hidden secrets 12/11/11
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 01:52 PM »
This is pretty creative, I must say. But the colors on the fun house and the wooden coaster bother me. I think the black and brown color scheme that woodys usually have should be placed on your coaster to. Red, Blue, and Yellow don't really seem to blend in well imo. Also id recommend you use some path covers to. Very neat ideas here, a lot of which i've never seen before. :)

Offline CGI144

• View Profile
Re: The Sands amusement park:A tour of the CraZy CotTage 1974
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 10:35 AM »
RTRC:Thanks for the feedback and for being the only one who commented this time round. Its funny because at first I was not wild on the colours. However I personally have grown to them over time. Bear in mind this is only 1974 so anything could happen between now and the present day (that is if I get that far).
Oh and I am using path covers. They just look quite "in gameish".

Samuel has officially been out of the country for 9 weeks now. The university has been funding his trip to Europe in hope of ideas and inspiration. Freddy Grant (general manager) has been in charge of the park until Samuel makes his grand return. He has also been instructed to begin work in the park ready for next years addition.

The Grande Carousel will be relocated this year to make way for the new attraction.

The Carousel will find a new home at the back section of the park. Not much resides there at the moment except the entrance to Dive Bomber, a planter and a fairground games unit.

The Grande Carousel will sit on the site which up until now has occupied two trees.

The final product! Hopefully plants and decorations will be planted around the ride as it is looking a tad bland at the moment. The main reason the ride was relocated was due to the fact that the ride blocked the view of the Log Drop and the Crazy Cottage.

The site of the former Grande Carousel. It looks so clear and empty without a ride here!
Sadly that won't be the case this time next year.
I have a feeling the park will go small for 1975! Perhaps Samuel is planning on saving up his funds for something big?
(EDIT: Find the park inspector)

Steve Hunter
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 11:00 AM by CGI144 »

I'm just now finding this and have a lot of catching up to do.

I think you've nailed the boardwalk atmosphere, from what I know of them.  Compact layout, smaller rides intersecting each other and lots of color. 

Also, lots of very creative and original ideas, hard to do for a game this old.  I love the crazy cottage and initially didn't think there was going to be a functional interior, boy did you prove me wrong.  I also like the swan boat building, cool theming and textures.  I would like to see more of that ride!

If I had to complain, (and of course I do) this is one of those times where I wish your graphic settings were a bit better so the pics would really do justice to the great work.  And since you didn't opt to custom support the woodie (I don't blame you!) you might check into Dasmatze's support mod, it makes a great difference with no additional lag. 

Good luck with this, I hope there's much more to come!

« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:26 AM by JPAlmighT »

Offline CGI144

• View Profile
Wow, that is certainly a compliment coming from you and your creative skills. Thanks!
I am still working on the interior of the swan boat building but I will be sure to post pictures once it is complete. I would also be willing to try out Dasmatze's support mod but I cant seem to find any ways of getting it. All links and info on it seem to be broken. I will certainly give it a try if I can find it though as I agree that the picture quality isn't great. (The lifthill by the way is the only custom part of the woodie) Thanks again!

Greetings fellow amusement park lovers!
It has been a whole month since our last encounter and what a month it has been. As well as Samuel returning home from his trip to Europe, the Sands has been extremely busy preparing for the new 1975 attraction as well as doing the usual park maintenance. According to general manager Freddy Grant, the new addition is nothing huge but will be a step in the right direction and will start laying the building blocks for future attractions.

The Crazy Cottage is going through its general maintenance period. We need to make sure that the structure is safe and secure as well as cleaning any...unwanted mess of off the roofs.

All of Log Drop's supports were repainted to match the track colour. The top parts of the supports were previously blue. Interesting change!

Soon after the Grande Carousel was relocated this hole was dug out of the ground. After that a team of workers poured new concrete in and around it. I remember asking one of the workers what was going replace the Carousel and getting the rude reply of... "Mind your own business son".
Little did they know that I am the owner’s brother!

So this is what Samuel had in store for 1975?
Despite being related to the owner I am still not permitted to know any future or present plans for the park. Samuel is very strict on keeping his ideas confidential.
He did however let me have a sneak peek of next year’s new attraction.

Apparently Samuel was planning BIG for 1975 but the budget was cut back due to the expense of general park maintenance.

I know it may look like much but if a few small rides like this mean a much bigger attraction for the future than I am all for it!

It is amazing what my brother has accomplished in one year. He is certainly living my dream!

Steve Hunter

Offline toofpikk

• I am this forums noob.
    • View Profile
wow, loving another park cguy!
is this gonna be part of the other 2 parks chain?

Offline CGI144

• View Profile
Thanks man and I am afraid I can’t reveal anything about the future. Anything is possible though!

Due to my home business of making and selling writing equipment, I have been finding it increasingly difficult to take time out of my busy schedule to visit The Sands or Brighton as a whole. Last time I visited I was shown the 1975 attraction which was a flying Jumbos ride. The new ride along with further marketing and promotion is expected to increase the parks overall popularity by at least 4% Not much but this is only the second year.

It seemed like only yesterday The Sands officially opened for the first time when in actual fact it has been exactly one year.

Flying Jumbo's is a sweet little ride and fits nicely within the compact amusement park. There have been a few complaints however of people concerned of falling into the pool the ride sits on. I gave them a piece of good advice for them. "Don't fall in or learn to swim then"

Water Wheel is still the tops and provides guests with great views of not only the park but the beautiful ocean as well.

The relocated Grande Carousel truly is grand. Doesn't it look marvellous?

During the off season, Wooden Rumblers supports where spruced up a little. Let me know what you think!

I think Samuel and his team have done a splendid job at cleaning up the supports.

Due to my busy work schedule I have decided not to return to the park till July at the earliest. I hope I will be permitted to take a few pics and update you on any new goings on. Until then, goodbye!

Season 1 1974 stats
Ride count: 10
Popularity: 72%
Park appearance:98.8%

Steve Hunter

« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:26 AM by CGI144 »

Offline CGI144

• View Profile
Re: The Sands amusement park (1975): A new year commences!
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 10:28 AM »
Unfortunately I have been extremely ill this week but I am on the road to recovery and am ready to continue with The Sands.

It is currently mid August and the weather here in Brighton is simply glorious. It has been raining so much here over the past 3 months that I almost forgot what getting a suntan felt like. After a long stroll down the beach, a quick kiss from my fiancée and an ice cream, I headed off to the pier to go to the Sands; which by the way is currently being refereed to by most as "Brighton Sands Amusement Park".

The "Pink Porkers" are proving to be a worthwhile addition to the small park. The new ride also doesn't block the view of the Crazy cottage like the Carousel did.

The cafe by the sea offers some great views of the park as well as providing some excellent grub. Note the mechanic repainting the wooden structure on Wooden Rumbler’s station.

A rare shot of the crowded pleasure park from one of Log Drop's boats.

3,2,1 SPLASH!
Log Drop is one of the hottest attractions in the summer.

…along with the Iconic Wooden Rumbler coaster.

Believe it or not these trains were actually salvaged from an old amusement park in Germany and restored for The Sands.

Until next time.
 Goodbye.

Steve Hunter

« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 02:50 PM by CGI144 »

Re: Brighton Sands Amusement Park: The hot month of August (1975)
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 08:51 PM »
The more I see of that woodie the more I like it.  Nice and compact for a boardwalk, but still looks like a fun ride.  I also like the wide variety of theming elements throughout the park.  You are succeeding in areas where I am currently failing; hope you get well soon and that more updates are on the way! :)

Offline CGI144

• View Profile
Re: Brighton Sands Amusement Park: The hot month of August (1975)
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 01:17 PM »
Thank you, I am feeling alot better now so I hope to get back up to date in the next week or so.
Pleased you like the Woodie as it is my first wooden coaster which is not just an out and back one, plus the 70's bright colours are not exactly realistic. I like it though and a, glad you do to. The actual theming is quite minimal due to lack of space but I do like to give a ride its own unique features and style. Thanks again!

Brighton Sands has officially closed for the winter period. The year started off with the addition of flying Jumbos or 'Pink Porkers' as most guests have nicknamed it. The overall popularity of Brighton Sands has risen by approximately 2% this year which is a neat start. It seems more people further afield are beginning to take notice of us. Last month general manager Freddy Grant and park owner Samuel Hunter unleashed plans for a brand new expansion which includes not only one, but TWO new rides for 1976!

As well as this the parks core maintenance team have begun work on improving certain aspects of Brighton Sands such as a catwalk on Log Drop and a lick of paint on certain buildings. The team have also sent off for some new trees to be planted all around the parks border since the old palms were dieing out.

Some rides go through much needed maintenance during the winter period if they have not lived up to reliability expectations throughout the year. Dive bomber being one of them!

The Rumbler’s wooden station building structure has been completely repainted red. Improvement?

Expansion is a foot for 1976 with the addition of two new rides. The new rides will be located in a new area currently occupied by sand. The entrance to the expansion will be located via a pathway in between Wooden Rumbler and Dive Bombers entrance.

One of the rides is said to be "in house" built by Samuel H and our resident designer Louis levine. The other is said to be manufactured by a company up north.

The first stage of the development was to remove the boundary fencing and establish a concrete foundation in the proposed location. Stage two involves erecting the new rides as well as planting benches, bins, trees and other scenery.

This is what the new expansion looks like at the moment. The rides are planned to be constructed within the next few weeks ready for an early spring opening.

Until next time.
 Goodbye.

Steve Hunter
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 02:50 PM by CGI144 »

Offline CGI144

• View Profile
Re: Brighton Sands Amusement Park: Expansion is fresh in the air (1975)
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 03:12 PM »
Must progress.

Firstly I must apologise for not being able to get together any pictures of ride construction. Samuel was very strict on keeping the 1976 project as quiet as possible. I am now, however allowed to show you all the final product. For 1976 Samuel Hunter will be introducing two new attractions, Haunted crypt which will be a dark ride designed and constructed by Samuel himself along with his team of designers. The other addition will be a dodgems ride ad will be located under the supports of Wooden Rumbler.

The back part of the park sure looks different now the extension has emerged. I see this area getting alot more popular this year with the addition of Haunted Crypt.

This weird little water fountain display is located in front of Haunted Crypt. It is a nice filler until a new attraction can be brought in.

Haunted Crypt is now complete. This is what it looks like currently. Its a bit of an odd job as Samuel did not have all the materials required to build the ride to the design plans but I think it has turned out pretty nice.
We have to make do with what we have got!

Over by the corner section of Wooden Rumbler, work is currently underway in preparing the area in which the new dodgem ride will be found.

Once the coaster's supports were hollowed out; the park had to quickly erect temporary supports to prevent the coaster from collapsing in on itself.
Also note that not all of the hollowed out space shown will be used for the dodgems. A small section of the available area will house some of the parks equipment and gear.

The Dodgems will be located at the back of the park and will be built in to Wooden Rumbler. A nice use of space if you ask me!

Until next time.
 Goodbye.

Steve Hunter
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:41 AM by CGI144 »

Offline PandaCoasters

• The Grinch wearing a mask holding a gun
    • View Profile
    • PandaCoasters' Youtube
I am very very excited to see a POV of the Crypt!
'I vote that my team makes Trump Land with a big fat wall from Boston's Dams so we can make SSD great again and keep out the illegal normies.'

-me, SSD'16

Offline CGI144

• View Profile
Thanks. I am not much of a POV person in terms of video recording however I will consider it and if not I will certainly be taking pictures of the interior.

This time three years ago, Brighton Sands officially opened for the very first time. Three years later the park is going as strong as ever and is bringing in many tourists from all over. Brighton Sands has certainly made a huge impact on the town and county since it opened and Brighton as a whole seems to be getting more and more popular every year. Hopefully as one of the park’s main assets, Brighton Sands will continue to bring in a steady influx of visitors. I hope this aim can be met by more expansion and a range of new rides and ideas. This year’s main attraction is the 'Haunted Crypt'

The idea of the Haunted crypt originally came from when owner, Samuel Hunter visited Europe two years ago. The concept was actually very simple "create an elaborate and intriguing yet fun experience which will entertain not just the young but the old as well". After seeing many examples of Haunted house rides around Europe the idea was finally made to make our very own one right here in Brighton Sands Amusement Park.

The exact same day Samuel came back from Europe (to be exact) he locked himself away in his study and got to work on early design sketches for the dark ride which would later be called the 'Haunted Crypt'.
So with the help of our resident artist Louis Levine, he and Samuel managed to design and publish the plans of the attraction to the council who soon allowed the construction of the ride to begin. Unfortunately the budget was not great this year as hoped so they had to cut down a few features and compromise with some of the materials the park already had.

One of the features we could not include due to budget issues was this! The original plan was to have a large scale model train erected on the track for all approaching riders to see.
Another feature meant for the ride was a tower. This idea was also scrapped due to financial issues.

The new expansion has brought hoards of people to the usually empty part of the park. Looks like there could be enough room for future additions here too!

The other new ride for 1976 was the bumper cars (dodgems). They were imported all the way from Italy and look Fab in action.
Me and my fiancée loved the simplicity of the ride and have added it to the 'must ride list'.
Speaking of finances I thought I would let you know the Samuel Hunter has been engaged to be married. He proposed to his Partner, Elisa Smith earlier this week. I wish them all my happiness and  I am sure they will live a very pleasant life together.

Anyway back on track! The dodgems have been built into the structure of the Wooden Rumbler coaster to save valuable space. There is also a little storage area at the back, behind the ride for some of the parks equipment.

Last years new ride probably won't be as popular this year, now two more exciting rides have opened.

Anyway, must be off now.
Until next time.

Season 2 1975 stats
Ride count: 11
Popularity: 74%
Park appearance:96.2%

Steve Hunter
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 10:12 AM by CGI144 »

Offline Grabowski

• I just want to ride coasters all day, everyday
    • View Profile
Re: Brighton Sands Amusement Park: New year, new rides! (19765)
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 08:26 PM »
I feel a new coaster coming, perhaps a steel one maybe a Jumbo Jet. Looks better than ever CGI, keep it coming!  :up:
http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,15102.0.html

My car is classic, but my bitch is foreign -anonymous

Offline gavt1976

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Brighton Sands Amusement Park: New year, new rides! (1976)
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 07:15 AM »
I have to say that i really enjoyed looking at this thread and i have to say also that your park so far does look amazing and i like it a lot. :)

Offline RTCMAHL

• It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2011, 08:35 AM »
I like it! Nice detail work and organization. Is there a POV of the coaster? 

Offline CGI144

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2011, 04:02 AM »
Grabowski:Thank you and interesting guess. You may be right ;)

GJST1976:whoa, Haven't heard from you in months!  :D Anyway thank you and Iam glad you like.

RTCMAHL:Thanks  :) and I was not planning to do a POV but I will look into doing one if I get the time.

From what I have been told, the popular Brighton amusement park will not be investing in any rides or attractions for 1977 due to lack of funds available. I did hear however that Samuel has been talking to various companies both locally and nationally in hope to get some of them to set up their stalls here at Brighton Sands. The companies interested are Wall's who are a well known ice cream company, a local fish and chips company who are interested in setting up in the park, and a company who specialise in seaside gifts and souvenirs such as swim wear, buckets and spades etc. Samuel describes this minor investment as a great opportunity to really show off the park's seasidey personality.

The Crazy Cottage is still going strong in its 3rd year in business. It is one of Brighton Sands signature rides and is included on the front of most promotional leaflets etc.

Box Racers is one of the park's least popular rides. I imagine this is because it is well hidden from public view and the majority of the ride is located within the Wooden Rumbler supports.

The Water Wheel manufactured by L Jacqueline. The ride was custom built for Brighton Sands and offers some fabulous views.

The Wooden Rumbler was manufactured by local tradesmen in the area. It took eight months to build and is one of the park’s signature rides. It can be seen from almost anywhere on the Brighton seafront.

Now for some interesting news. The empty defunct pier has been fenced off. When I questioned Samuel about it he informed me that the pier is not considered part of his park and is actually owned by a private company. Apparently after many years of being empty, its owners are finally willing to invest in the old pier probably to follow in the success of the new amusement park.

(A picture of the Sands from the pier before it was fenced off)
It will be great to finally see something happen to the old pier. It seems the nearby Brighton Palace Pier may have some competition soon.

I will see you all again soon where I will be showing some picture of the inside of the new Haunted Crypt ride.

Steve Hunter

Offline Ms Von Schweetz

• Sugar Rush!
    • View Profile
Re: Brighton Sands Amusement Park (1976)
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2011, 08:01 AM »
Wow! this looks great so far CGI, i can't wait to see what is done with the pier, and i love the layout of the woodie.
Walking the fine edge of signature limits...

Offline _Carwyn_

• The Mt Dew lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2011, 08:26 AM »
The layout of the Woodie is classic. I wonder what can they invest at the pier?
Oakridge Gardens Active
Element Vale- Cancelled
Titanhead Beach My first TPS Park

Offline CGI144

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2011, 10:22 AM »
Jessica14: Hey, thank you! I hope to be able to release some info regarding the pier very soon so stay tuned!  ;)

Dead Priest:
Thanks man! I actually made the coaster some years ago and decided to revive it for this park. Personally I think it looks better than it is to ride but nevertheless. I am pleased with it. Thanks!

Hey guys, I know I promised you all interior pictures of the new Haunted Crypt ride but guess what! It was closed down for maintenance all this week. Typical Samuel and his ability to hire cheap and amateurish mechanics!
Anyway to make it up to you I thought I would show you a little treat that me and my fiance have been working on in our spare time. Sorry about the shoddy camera quality. I have yet to buy a new more up to date camera.

Thank you to the following people for their help in this project.
  • Samuel Hunter, for letting me take picture of the ride in action.
  • David Scott, for providing me with the Ariel footage of the ride.
  • Jamie Elston, (local fisherman) for renting us the boat we used to take some of the footage
  • Robert Jay Smith for providing us with fresh ice creams and refreshments.

Steve Hunter
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 02:07 PM by CGI144 »

Offline -AR12-

• View Profile
Re: Brighton Sands Amusement Park (1976) Wooden Rumbler POV video
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 05:44 AM »
I'm glad to see this park still going.If anything I admire your enthusiasm and effort to keep your park running even if you don't get comments.

I'm interested to see if your post in the test topic will be involved here any time soon :)

Offline CGI144

• View Profile
Re: Brighton Sands Amusement Park (1976) Wooden Rumbler POV video
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 03:35 PM »
Thank you!  :) It is a bit annoying by the lack of comments I get sometimes, but hey I am still going aren't I? ;) As long as I have some support I will do my best to continue.
As for the test topic post, well I guess you will just have to wait and see.

Well 1976 is officially over. It has been a good 12 months but like everything we must look forward to the future. Unfortunately Samuel demanded that no new rides would be added for the New Year and plans to partner with local companies to produce their goods in the park have been held back due to financial issues. With no new rides or investment, I fear this could be a bad year for the park.
In other news I have been invited to attend a local convention in which we will be discussing the defunct East piers future. The owners of the pier have submitted plans for some type of cafe/hall to be built on the empty pier. The convention will include a talk led by the pier's owners, as well as the history and the future of the old pier. Plans are to reopen it as soon as 1979.

Being one of the first guests in the park does have its advantages.

Exterior decoration on the Crazy Cottage.

The Swan ride is sure interesting to ride with a love one. The idea is that you sail through a dimly lit spooky (mock) swamp and snuggle up to each other. Bit of an outcast ride if you ask me!

Today's update will mainly focus on interior pictures of the Haunted Crypt. One of last year's new rides custom built by Samuel H himself.

The first scene riders come across is the gateway scene.

The gatekeeper to the Crypt looks happy to be here. I have nick named him Timothy.

The second scene takes you through a dimly lit tunnel filled with a few spooks...and giant spiders.
Once riders reach the end of this tunnel they will be rotated 90 degrees through a side door which will then lead them outside briefly.

Once you re enter the building you are greeted with scene number 3. (Technically 4 as I missed a scene)
This scene takes you through the graveyard. In my opinion this is one of the weakest scenes and does not do much for me. Oh I would recommend watching the coffin though, it moves!

He just wants to play!

This scene consists of flashing strobe type lighting. It must cost the park a fortune to keep on constantly.
Quite a rare jewel if you ask me. Sadly I can see this scene being removed in the near future if it costs as much to maintain as I think it does.

My favourite scene is the finale which consists of a purple and blue rotating tunnel with a menacing figure waiting at the end. It really knows how to muddle up your brain!

Once you pass the halfway point of the tunnel the menacing figure at the end acts as a door and flaps down to allow you access to the next room.
Overall I think I would have to give the ride **** stars.

Season 3 1976 stats

Ride count: 13
Popularity: 78%
Park appearance:95.3%
Most popular ride:Wooden Rumbler.
Least popular ride:Box Racers
Most unreliable ride:Dive Bomber

Steve Hunter
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 04:27 AM by CGI144 »

Offline PandaCoasters

• The Grinch wearing a mask holding a gun
    • View Profile
    • PandaCoasters' Youtube
Re: Brighton Sands Amusement Park (1977) Wooden Rumbler POV/Haunted Crypt
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 04:37 PM »
I really like how you keep the pretzel haunted house look to Haunted Crypt, however I feel that there could've been some extra work to make it seem more 'high quality' than what you have. I mean like, more detailed rooms, some better lighting effects, and/or not having it be like you are just viewing scenes that are ahead of you, not surrounding you in its environment. Other than that the park itself looks pretty classy.

Keep up the good work my friend  :up:
'I vote that my team makes Trump Land with a big fat wall from Boston's Dams so we can make SSD great again and keep out the illegal normies.'

-me, SSD'16

Offline CGI144

• View Profile
Re: Brighton Sands Amusement Park (1977) Wooden Rumbler POV/Haunted Crypt
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2011, 10:38 AM »
Thanks for the helpful comment. Regarding the Haunted Crypt, well I can't argue with that! Unfortunately I made the ride building far too small so now I can't add any large scale rooms. For instance I would have loved to expand on the graveyard scene but I only had 3 squares to build on. Anyway thanks for the constructive criticism and I will be sure to take another look at it and maybe make some changes in a few "in game" years time".

Hey, happy Christmas eve everyone. Sorry I have not replied since January but my business is not doing so well and I have had to put all me energy and thought in to that. I. I am afraid that being December Brighton Sands is closed for the winter but I do however have an update I made from early April and I'm also anticipating showing you the East Pier restoration scheme.

I also have some fantastic news to share, as on this very day at 7.24am (24/12/77) Samuel Hunter's wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. This has come just a year after Samuel and his wife Elisa got married. Samuel will be taking a back seat for a year while he takes care of his wife and newborn child. General Manager, Freddy Grant will take the reins of Brighton Sands Amusement park until he returns. Oh I almost forgot! Samuel and Elisa have decided on calling their son 'James Hunter'.

Now Elisa Smith is married to Samuel she will be taking position as vice chairman of the park and will have a share in her husbands business.

As it has been 11 months since we last spoke, let me fill you in on what's been happening at the park. In March Samuel gave permission for several companies to lease part of the site and set up their stalls in the park. Skelters Plc which is a company who specialise in rides and concessions have leased a section of the park for 7 years. They are now responsible for all of the game units and concessions here at Brighton Sands Amusement Park. A new set of midway games have been set up by the Log Drop's tunnel as well as many other concessions such as hot dog stalls, Cotton Candy stalls, ice creams and so on.

Two new sideshows have been erected in front of the 1976 dodgem ride.

The company aims to base at least another four of these kinds of stalls around the park as it begins to expand further.

A local cafe recently took hold of the old games unit under the Wooden Rumbler. The games themselves which were the parks own were gutted and the unit was extended to make way for a small kitchen. The local business will be selling their infamous and well known fish and chips to customers of the park. A few tables and chairs have been brought in too so guests can have a seat whilst eating. The company's lease expires in 6 years.

My favourite of all the latest investments has to be this one. A company known as "Capital Star Amusements" have given the park their very first amusement arcade. The arcade itself is located in a custom built tunnel which can be located down a flight of stairs where the old triangular fountain used to stand. The company funded the majority of the development themselves though the park had no choice but to pay for the digging of the tunnel. It was not an easy investment but Samuel assured me that it would be worthwhile.

The last significant investment is the restrooms that can be found adjacent to the Swan ride/dive-bomber building. The restrooms are the only latest investment to be purely funded by the park.

Samuel welcomes all of the new companies who are leasing part of the site and hopes they will work along side the park management to make Brighton Sands the best it can be.

1977 East Pier Restoration Project

Please note this picture is only a concept. The real life thing may vary.

Whilst I can not show you the East Pier convention I attended back in February, I can show share with you a heap of information about the project.

History
Originally constructed in 1890, the East Pier was one of 3 active piers in Brighton right up until 1959 when it was closed due to financial issues. The pier originally featured a roller-skating rink and pavilion. Unfortunately after the army requisitioned it in 1915 the pier was mistreated and neglected and by 1920 the pier was in a sad state. The owners of the time were forced to either rebuild the pier or remove it altogether so a plan was made up to refurbish it. For many decades after it acted as one of the town’s main tourist attractions. Unfortunately tragedy struck again in 1958 and the owners were made bankrupt. They had no choice but to stop investing in the pier and remove all of the buildings and utilities on it leaving us with the empty pier we see today.

In 1976 the current owners of the pier 'Heart and Granger' proposed the reopening of the defunct pier. This meant reinstating the old platform and transforming it back into the great tourist attraction it once was with backing from the adjacent pleasure park.
Notes:
  • An estimate for the restoration of the pier is set to be around 15 million pounds with financial backing from the council and other companies.
  • The restoration will see a brand new cafe and Pavilion on the Pier as well as smaller more short term features such as a Carousel etc.
  • If the project goes ahead work should be starting early next year with the project completed by spring 1979
  • The Pavilion and cafe will be rebuilt in 1800/early 1900's architecture.
Sounds interesting though it’s funny how the company decides to redo the pier after all these years of letting it rot. If you ask me they are purely doing it based on the fact that there is a popular amusement park next door.
Anyway must be off now though I would just like to congratulate Samuel and Elisa again for their Christmas gift off a newborn baby, James Hunter.

Steve Hunter

Cor how many updates do I need to do before I get to the second page. Its taking ages to load all the pictures!

Hope you all have a merry Christmas and a great new year!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 10:43 AM by CGI144 »