Brighton Sands: Final thanks

• 2031 replies

Offline Toborg123

• Celebrating The RCT Community
    • View Profile
    • Toborg Productions
Re: BSAP 1996: The legacy of Shayne Hunter (part 3)
« Reply #660 on: December 01, 2012, 02:11 PM »
This update brought a smile to my face. Astounding stroyline CGI! Long live BSAP! :)
-Toborg123
Finally back after an unexpectedly long hiatus!

Offline Captain_Rageman

• The filthiest of the filthy casual
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 01, 2012, 02:16 PM »
I don't want to get too excited but my favourite park is saved (for now) and my team won today...

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! GET IN!!! "CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES! C'MON!"

:rockon: :clap:

Long live BSAP!

(Ends up back in reality, with a truck load of college work to do  :down:)

STEAM ACCOUNT 
YOUTUBE                 TWITCH

Offline Tha Nameless

• when the crocket hits just right
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 01, 2012, 03:18 PM »
Feels good man.

-The Nameless-
"Me fail English?! That's unpossible!" - Ralph Wiggum

Offline Twisted

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 01, 2012, 08:07 PM »
Thats a amazing story line you got here :)
Love to follow it , also great job on the park offcourse :up:

Offline CGI144

• Back up your creations or suffer the consequences
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 02, 2012, 10:15 AM »
Toborg123: Thank you! I' am glad you enjoyed it.

Captain_Rageman: Thanks, and well there is still a few obstacles to get through first but technically yes, BSAP is back!  :)

The Nameless:
Thank you!  :P

Twisted: Thank you very much Twisted! Glad you are liking the project so far. ;)

1996:
Good day to you everyone. It seems that the recent news of Brighton Sand's survival has caused quite a stir within the community of Brighton. Of course the majority are thrilled that the park has been saved, for now anyway. Unfortunately there are those...non believers who think the park is way beyond its sell by date and would be better of redeveloped. There are also those who are somewhat uneasy about an 18 year old running such a valued tourist attraction. Whatever the case, BSAP is in the process of getting ready for 1997, and so is the new managing director of the park, James Hunter.

It was weird seeing James walking around, evaluating the park, just like his step brother Shayne did six years ago and his father did back in the 70s. I am the only person who has actually seen the amusement park progress from start to the present day.

James has only two years to prove that he has what it takes to turn this park out of the ground.
"It is crazy. People have put so much faith and hope into me, it really pressurises me to do well. Having said that, how am I suppose to make the park a success again if the budget is barely non existent. It is like trying to make a cake using only half the ingredients"

James confirmed that he aims to stick to the ethos and style of his late father. He ensured me that he was not looking to make drastic changes to the park but instead, compliment its heritage and enhance it.
"Just because the future is rolling in, doesn't mean we have to leave the past behind completely. I will not make the same foolish mistakes as my step brother did. He left this park in ruins and I want to take people back to how it used to be, when the place first opened."

"While it may not be wise to think so far ahead, if the park does regain its popularity within the two year time frame, I anticipate reinvesting in a new infrastructure. Alot of the fences are rusty and old, the bricks on buildings are worn and alot of the rides are beginning to look tired and faded. This decision would obviously have to go through the Board of Directors first, but so long as we have the money, how can they say no? "

"As I said, classics like the Crazy Cottage will most certainly remain. It is history like this that I want to try and preserve. If it is not attracting enough people anymore, don't get rid of it! Reinvent it!
Getting rid of everything that made this park so special in the first place would be criminal. "

"When under the leadership of Shayne, there was tons of complaints over the years concerning the poor state of the restrooms. They are outdated, worn and grimy. It is my obligation as manager of this property to ensure that all bathroom facilities are up to the highest possible standard. I hope to sort this issue out as soon as possible though there is currently not enough funds to refurb them.

"The Wooden Rumbler has aged dramatically over the years. I refuse to demolish such a classic ride. Even though it may cost a small fortune to maintain, the ride is extremely popular and always over exceeds hourly queues on busy days. As health and Safety must come first, the BOD have agreed to restore the structure for 1997. This includes replacing any sea damaged wood and steel. "

"The biggest visual change for 1997 will be the reintroduction of a dark ride. That is right, the Haunted Crypt is coming back home! Well okay, it won't be the Crypt but it will be alot better. We at BSAP aim to create a brand new ghost train experience for the park. The interior will be considerably bigger and will take advantage of the disused trains and scenery from the old Rotunda park."

"If the park is to succeed, we have to bring something new out of the bag. Not doing anything is not an option! The park has been failing for far too long due to lack of investment and now big desolate eyesores where rides once were dominate the scene. The first step is to change that!"

"Now the asbestos has been removed from within side the old Crypt ride, men can begin working on preparing the site for the new dark ride, ghost train. Alot of the new ride will make use of the old Haunted Crypt show building and facade. Plans also include an extension and new track to compliment the restored trains."

"Owners of the East Pier, Heart and Granger are currently working with the council to extend the pier. This pier extension could lead on to greater things such as new facilities and possibly a beach extension. If the plans go ahead, this will most certainly mean fantastic things for BSAP."

"Other than the visual changes, me and the other park directors have many plans to make the park viable again. This includes increasing ticket prices, larger advertising, developing target market and further use of "Club BSAP"
That of course means. New events are scheduled for next year. Anyway I am off now. But I encourage you to all come along to Brighton Sands next year when it reopens for its 23rd season. Until then...goodbye"

Well I hope you found all that informative.
Steve Hunter

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:36 AM by CGI144 »

Offline Twisted

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: BSAP 1996: Showing potential
« Reply #665 on: December 02, 2012, 10:40 AM »
Thats A amazing nice update :)
I really want to find out what James gonna do with the park, love that he want to preserve the Crazy Cottage cause that building looks amazing, great details you got there.
Also 1am part of the group preserve the "The Wooden Rumbler", thank god it doesnt go down :D

Looking forward toward the extension of the pier & off course the Darkride :)
Keep up the great work mate!

Offline Slalamander

• I used to be someone else
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 02, 2012, 11:18 AM »
nice update :)

have you already released any POV's? if so, can you sent me link?

Offline Toborg123

• Celebrating The RCT Community
    • View Profile
    • Toborg Productions
« Reply #667 on: December 02, 2012, 11:33 AM »
Yay! :)
Finally back after an unexpectedly long hiatus!

Offline PandaCoasters

• The Grinch wearing a mask holding a gun
    • View Profile
    • PandaCoasters' Youtube
« Reply #668 on: December 02, 2012, 05:13 PM »
My gosh I loved that update so hard.

Being 18, I would not be able to see myself doing that type of work, but with the support group and team that James is a part of, I see great things coming our way  ;D
'I vote that my team makes Trump Land with a big fat wall from Boston's Dams so we can make SSD great again and keep out the illegal normies.'

-me, SSD'16

Offline Magu

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 03, 2012, 12:18 AM »
YES! I´m soooo glad the park has survived!!! Right decisions has been done and of course i feel the new energy to keep it running through the pictures! I´m very excited what the young man will do with his talent of running such a traditional and epic amusement park like BSAP!

Fantastic job!  :up: :up: :up:

Regards, Magu ;)

Offline Drumlin

• :)
    • View Profile
    • Theme Park Investigator
« Reply #670 on: December 04, 2012, 04:13 AM »
It will be so nice to see the Park restored to its former glory! As I've said before, this is my favourite Park on the boards. Keep it coming!
Universal Studios Europe - http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,10505.0.html

Offline CGI144

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 04, 2012, 02:06 PM »
Twisted: Thanks very much Twisted! Glad to see your enjoying my work and getting into the story a bit. Hope the future, meets your expectations.  :)

Brisingr Productions: Thank you! I only really have a POV of the Wooden Rumbler but my latest video gives off some interesting shots of some of the other rides.

Toborg123: Thanks!  :D

PandaCoasters: Thanks Panda! ;) I know what you mean, to run a business at such a young age is certainly not something that many would be able to cope with. I suppose we have just got to wait and hope James does the park proud.

Magu: Well we are not out of the woods just yet. First James has to prove that he can run such a valued property in such a harsh climate. Still, with Shayne out of the picture for now, things are certainly looking up. Thank you for your comments!!  :D

Drumlin: Don't think I have seen you for a while, welcome back! Glad you are still enjoying BSAP and hope you like what is to come.

1997:
Blimey, that was one long year and quite frankly, I am relieved to see the back of it. Now as you should all know, for the next two years, James Hunter along with the Board of Directors will be doing everything in their power to turn the park's fortunes around. Mr Hunter has alot of ideas up his sleeve and I just pray that they are all going to pay off. If the park fails to draw back the crowds within the time frame, the owners will not hesitate to redevelop the site into housing or god knows what.

First things first, one of the changes James and the Board have brought into action this year is the refurbishment of the main entrance. James  explained how it was in a sorry state and needed to be revamped in order to provide a more "lively" and "exciting" gateway to the seaside fun park.

As you can see, the building has been repainted yellow and blue (the signature colours of BSAP) They are supposed to represent sand and the sea. Other changes include, new balcony railings, new ticket windows, new signage and removal of some old rooftop decor. I personally think the new style entrance looks smashing!

This new entrance is sure to catch people's attention when they walk into or past the amusement park. It is also a sign that the new owners are perfectly willing to invest money into the park even when times are tough.

Another decision made by James Hunter this year was to refurbish the main west side ticket kiosk. It has remained exactly the same since its original installation in 1980. Take a good last look as it is about to change forever!

As you can see the old ticket kiosk has been revamped to look exactly like the one on the East side. Well it certainly keeps everything organised and symmetrical.
While general manager Freddy Grant confirmed he would be taking a back seat for the next two years to allow James to take the reins, he insisted that he will still be very much present in decision making at the park.
He then told us how updating the entrance area was a job that should have been done years ago.

"Being the first thing people see when approaching BSAP, it is incredibly important to us that we provide a clean and stylish gateway that all can admire as they pass under the threshold into the park. The lively, bright colours are designed to get guests excited and pumped for what they are about to experience. Remember, first impressions count."

I was disappointed to hear that the River Caves may not be open all year due to large maintenance bills. Hopefully it won't be removed. It is one of the best things Shayne ever did to the park.

Despite having a very small budget to work with this year, I was pleased to see some investment in the park after basically two years of nothing but ride removals. Plus when I heard James Hunter had requested for a new dark ride to replace the crumbling, half derelict Haunted Crypt ride, I was over the moon.

James had this to say: "After Shayne removed the Log Drop and the Haunted Crypt, he left the East side looking pretty sorry for itself. If there is any chance of making this park a real viable tourist attraction again then things are going to have to change. Empty spaces are going to have to be filled or cleaned up, outdated faculties are going to need to be replaced, even the benches are looking old and tacky. We want BSAP to be one of the cleanest, safest attractions in the whole of the South Coat and we are dedicated to making this dream a reality. Replacing the Haunted Crypt is part of this plan..."

The new dark ride certainly looks imposing. I can't wait to find out what it is called and what the inside looks like. All I know is, the ride will be themed to a mental hospital and was designed by Louis Levine, the man who helped make the original Haunted Crypt in the 70s.

The attraction was made quite cheap. This is probably because it makes use of the props, scenery and trains once used at the now defunct Rotunda park. As well as this, the new castle facade uses what little remains of the original Haunted Crypt facade, maybe you can recognise bits. Nice to see the park recycling.

The is the Haunted Crypt show room as it has been since it was first erected in 1976. The new dark ride will make use of the old building but will be considerably enlargenedto allow for bigger and better ride scenes and tableauxs.

A mish mash of old and new. Funny seeing the old Haunted Crypt looking so big. With any luck this new dark ride will be ten times better then the old Haunted Crypt. Unfortunately the Crypt was made on a small budget and turned out pretty rubbish. This one was made on a similar scale budget, so I just hope that it will not follow suit and instead be a new and cool dark ride experience.

In other news, the park Board of Directors has started work on replacing Wooden Rumbler's structure. It was beginning to look a bit of a state and hopefully this work will make it safe, secure and smooth once again.

Well that is it guys. Hope to see you all soon for the reopening of the park. Remember to renew your membership for Club BSAPO as it should be a fun and eventful year.

Steve Hunter
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:57 PM by CGI144 »

Offline Sly4Good

• Mysterious, yet reassuring.
    • View Profile
Re: BSAP 1997: First impressions count
« Reply #672 on: December 04, 2012, 02:37 PM »
Thank god for the ol' Haunted Crypt finally getting some of the love and attention it deserved, I was tired of seeing it just sit there and rot.....and I love the new entrance. It looks spiffy...but I still have problems with the floatiness of the "Bridge" leading to it.
A resident Screwball since...How ever long I've been here.

Offline Tha Nameless

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 04, 2012, 03:06 PM »
Jimmy turns five years old.

---

Club BSAP renewed! The park is looking great, CGI!

-The Nameless-

Offline Slalamander

• I used to be someone else
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 04, 2012, 10:51 PM »
Thanks for the POV's! and the update of course :)

Offline Magu

• View Profile
« Reply #675 on: December 06, 2012, 12:30 AM »
The new dark ride sounds really interesting! Not only it's bigger than before, the theme to a mental hospital sounds very promising! A coperation with Louis Levine seems to be a very good and traditional idea. Even so i´m interested how the unique  the river caves will turning out.

At all a very nice update! This project is a number one favourite of mine. It has charme, and a damn good story keeps behind. Thank you again for sharing it with us!   :up:

Regards "the fan of BSAP" Magu ;)

« Reply #676 on: December 06, 2012, 12:59 AM »
I love that wooden coaster pov! Such an awesome layout.
The updates around the park look great, especially the entrance!
Great work.  :D

Offline cyberwaveIT

• Loving Every RCT Moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 06, 2012, 01:38 AM »
I like what you have done to improve the park, especially the entrance.  :up:

« Reply #678 on: December 06, 2012, 02:47 PM »
I love everything so far! The new entrance looks great and I can't wait to see more of the NEW Haunted Crypt! :up:
Also, James didn't forget about refurbishing the restrooms and making them cleaner, did he?
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney

Offline Captain EO

• We are here to change the World
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 06, 2012, 06:39 PM »
I'm liking the new turn of events, this park can be saved. If I were James, I'd focus on "re-imagining" existing attractions for this year and then focus on a new E-ticket for 98. It seems to work (think- Reimagined Test Track at Epcot, new HD Spiderman at IOA, ect...) and it is cheap so it'll fit perfectly into the smaller funding.  I'd love to see a new version of Crazy Cottage and possibly converting Wooden Rumbler into a steel coaster made to look wooden. Sorry, I'm just sooo excited about this 2 year trial!  :D

Offline -AR12-

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 07, 2012, 11:21 AM »
It's good to see the park on the return to glory and hopefully it will overcome any problems it encounters over the next couple of years. I know I don't post much, but I make sure to view every update just to see how the story has changed. Keep it up CGI, I know that whatever you have lined up will be great ;)

Offline CGI144

• View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 07, 2012, 04:42 PM »
Sly4Good: Thanks Sly! Glad you are liking the new entrance, it is my favourite of all the designs so far. As for the bridge, I have always had a problem with that, however I anticipate redoing it a bit for the 1998 season.

The Nameless:
Good to hear. Glad your enjoying it and getting more involved with the project. :up:

Brisingr Productions:
Thank you and not a problem!

Magu: Thank you Magu! It is great you think so highly of BSAP. It has taken alot of work to get it to where it is today and it means alot that you like it. As for the darkride, this new theme should be far more effective than the old Haunted Crypt one was. Having said that, despite the extension, space was still extremely limited. Still anything has got to be better than the Crypt.

Tycoondude:
Thanks  Tycoondude! Glad you liked the POV and the sudden turn of events within the park. Despite actually making the Wooden Rumbler in 2010, I still regard it as one of my favourite built woodies.

cyberwaveIT: Thank you. Im glad that you, like many others seem to like the restored entrance. It was a last minute addition, but I think it was a strong one.

rcwizard13: Thank you rcwizard13, and I hope you like the new darkride. In regard to the restrooms, James did not forget. He has sent in a team to freshen them all up in preparation for the new year. Unfortunately, lack of funds meant that new facilities can't be brought in til at least next year.

Captain EO:
Thanks for the comment and the suggestions Captain EO! Not sure many will like changing the Rumbler as it is a classic, but I will consider taking those suggestions on board. The Crazy Cottage for example is terribly outdated. Anyway, I hope you enjoy what is to come. :)

-AR12-: Thanks -AR12-! Glad you are still following BSAP after all this time. The future certainly looks bright for the park, so I hope you enjoy it. PS: I will try to get back to your PM, as soon as I get the chance. ;)

Hey guys. Today was the grand reopening of Brighton Sands Amusement Park and is of course the first year under the management of James Hunter and Sharp Shock Entertainment. Though it is too early to say, many seem satisfied with the park's comeback which included the addition of a new dark ride called Old Hallows Hospital and a refurbished main entrance. As well as the main physical changes, there has also been alot going on behind the scenes. This includes many partnership deals which all aim to promote the park across the country. As well as this, James, Freddy and the rest of the board of directors have confirmed that they plan to strengthen the connection with their target market which is on families. According to a park spokesperson, there will be a heap of changes that will please all members of the family household from new baby changing faculties, to new high quality restaurants and cafes. Soon BSAP will have it all. 

Upon arriving, my first step was to renew my Club BSAP membership in one of the new park customer service windows. I happened to notice that the employees seemed slightly more helpful, fun and enthusiastic today. Another change by James perhaps?

I was pleasantly surprised to see the River Caves was still open despite fear of closing earlier this year. I managed to get a few goes on it before the crowds rushed down to it. I still can't grasp the fact the ride is buried 20 feet down, below Astro Invaders.

God, I haven't been on the Caves in years. It is so hidden from public view, I usually forget it. Sadly, I think many have the same problem.

This was one of the very first investments ever made by the park's previous owner, Shayne Hunter. It is a huge attraction and I would certainly recommend it. The only main issue is being underground, the ride area is often freezing cold though the station often gets very stuffy and hot.

There are many surprises along the way which include the giant, moving devil serpent. The ride is certainly themed well.

This scene is fitted all around with thermal heaters which gives the impression of fire. The new Old Hallows ride has a similar effect.

The final scene waterway actually uses the arches from the original Astro Invaders basement before it was converted into the River Caves...a bit of history for you.

After the Caves, I decided to take a ride on the brand new Old Hallows Hospital ride. Like its predecessor, Old Hallows was designed by resident artist, Louis Levine. He has been at the pleasure park since 1976 and has created many of the signature rides over the years including Astro Invaders, The River Caves, and the now defunct Dino Journey ride.

Old Hallows Hospital is themed to an old half derelict mental asylum. There is no real back story to the ride.

After you board your train, the first scene you experience is the "underpass" This very small and cramped scene is where the inhabitants of the hospital are sent for solitary confinement. It is located under the Hospital itself and is where many are taken to if they fail to follow the rules of the establishment.

This scene features fog effects as well as screaming and wailing sound effects.

The next scene is the kitchen and what a messy kitchen it is. There are many anamatronics and things to hide behind in this scene which aim to frighten the rider. Strobe lighting, swinging meat and the sound of a little girl crying can all be seen and heard in this scene. My favourite bit is when an asylum inhabitant makes a grab for you near the washing machine.

B wing features the cells in which many of the patients are locked up in. This scene features a few frightening additions which come into play as you pass each cell door. Apparently, Louis did want to incorporate fire into the ride but it would have eaten up too much of the budget. Shame.
The fog also helps preventing you from seeing what is up next.

The lavatory sure looks in a state. There is not any real scares in this scene but the themeing is pretty cool and consistent.

My favourite scene however has to be the morgue. This room is fitted with dim lighting, strange grumbling and heavy breathing noises, a few anamatronics and best of all freezer effects that give the impression that the room has frozen over to keep the bodies fresh. The use of this is effective and really gives you chills.

The final scene is a bit of a jumble due to lack of space but is meant to represent some kind of torture chamber. This is where the inhabitants are sent to if they misbehave. There are many unpleasant things in this room from electotherapy arches to acid filled bathtubs. A very distressing scene for some who may suffer from a nervous disposition.

Well that is basically it. It may not be the best darkride experience ever like I had hoped for but it is alot more jumpier, cooler and effective than the Haunted Crypt ever was. Old Hallows is themed well and makes use of alot of the old Rotunda Ghost Train scenery that was salvaged last year. The themeing is also very consistent which is nice to see.

Overall a very nice addition to the BSAP lineup and is very good considering the limited space and small budget. The only real worry is the ride seems alot darker than the Crypt ever was and I fear some scenes may upset children.

After I did Old Hallows Hospital (Old Hallows), I moved on to the vintage Crazy Cottage. I had not been in there for years and I have to be honest..I was disappointed with what I saw. It looks like half the scenes have not been touched for at least a decade and due to lack of security, vandals have not hesitated to carve things into the walls and ruins the props.

I don't know when the spinning tunnel stopped spinning. It certainly is not as effective as it was. Personally everything minus the basement scenes seem extremely old fashioned and outdated. I know it is heritage but I really think the whole interior needs a complete redesign.

Casey's Cones seem to be popular this year...probably due to all the special offers they have been giving out to attract people in. Another one of James many park survival tactics.

I was pleased to see the park so full on opening day. Unfortunately, there is a long way off and one popular day doesn't necessarily mean anything. Hopefully James and the Board can maintain these kind of crowds.

For 1997, James hired specialists to go in and give the restrooms a mega spruce up. Though the fixtures and fittings won't be updated until next year, at least they all smell and look clean and fresh. Should be good enough for a year.

The Wooden Rumbler seems to run alot smoother now all the wood for it has been replaced. It is riding as good as the day I first rode it.

That is it for now folks. 1996 stats should be released soon.
Steve Hunter

Offline cyberwaveIT

• View Profile
Re: BSAP 1997: New starts
« Reply #682 on: December 07, 2012, 05:09 PM »
Congratulations on a GRAND OPENING! Simply Spectacular!  :w00t:

I'm no expert, but to me, everything fits very nicely.  :sweat:

I'll be looking forward to seeing more of the "new" park.  ;)

Offline Tha Nameless

• View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 07, 2012, 06:26 PM »
Welcome back, BSAP! If I could suggest a small addition, why not a skatepark?

-The Nameless-

Offline abletudu

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 07, 2012, 07:12 PM »
I would have definitely posted sooner, but for some unknown reason I just found this. Love what you did with RCT3. The placement of things, the design of your park, the way you handled the rides are all superb. If it isn't too much to ask, please let us know the following:

1. The initial park size
2. What custom scenery and ride packs you used.

Thank you for a great story and a fantastic park.

Offline JAKool

• #chiefbeefbelief
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 07, 2012, 08:14 PM »
I love the new dark ride! Happy that the park is doing well and not being nightclubbed by Shart Shock.
My Skype: jak.oasters

Offline Magu

• View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 08, 2012, 06:39 AM »
Congratulations for the great new start! I still like the colors of BSAP and the new darkride with it´s cold blue lights and scary rooms are definetly a very good addition for the park! Now, the people have another highlite to discover. Great job on this! I´m excited how the rework of the Crazy Cottage will turning out. The idea of the "walk-through" is very inspiring! The river caves makes a good impression. I thought at first it could be a very romantic "do it yourself ride" but i was surprised, that it is another "darkride". And don´t know if a theme change to a romantic theme would work at BSPA (i think it would be another, different experience for the ride range). I really love the updates more and more!  :up:

Best wishes for BSPA! Magu.

« Reply #687 on: December 08, 2012, 01:38 PM »
Looking Great! :D
I'm sore redesigning the interior of the crazy cottage his father built is something James would be okay with as long as it doesn't go too far.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney

Offline CGI144

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 09, 2012, 01:28 PM »
cyberwaveIT: Thank you very much cyberwaveIT!  :D

The Nameless: Thank you! Nice idea, not quite sure where and how it would fit, but nice idea nether the less.

abletudu:Thanks  abletudu! Glad your following. As for your questions, I am afraid im not to sure on initial size but I have included a photo at the end of this update showing most of the park from up above so I hope that helps. As for CS, I use so many different sets, I couldn't possibly name them all. :P The main ones I use are Shyguys sets and Station Jim Jrs'.

JAKool: Thanks JAKool! and you are right there. We are not quite out of the woods yet though...

Magu: Thank you Magu! :) Im pleased you like the new Old Hallows ride and thanks for your suggestion. A romantic kind of ride is certainly a neat idea. Unfortunately, in these more modern times, those kind of rides ain't quite as popular as they have been in the past. Still, some great ideas. Thanks!

rcwizard13: Cheers rcwizard13. Redesigning the Cottage is certainly a must as it is looking pretty derelict. If it were to get revamped though, I imagine alot of the classic scenes would sadly be lost, but I am also sure James knows what he would be doing.

1997:
Hey all! Today's update is going to be a bit more relaxed. It has been years since I last visited the Sands with my whole family. Nowadays, I usually either go on my own or with my good friend Alice. Though I know the kids are getting older and would rather be out with their friends or on their Playstaion ones I thought it would be a nice treat to go to the park as a family again. It was the best day I have had in a long time. It also brought back some fond memories of when Martin and Heather were young.

We left our little house in Hove around 8.30 so we could get to the park at 9.00. The weather was good which was a nice bonus. By the time we got to the park, we were slightly surprised to see big crowds already waiting outside the gates. We took that as a sign of good things.

For once as soon as we got in the park, we headed for the Hunter Games Pavilion where Maria played feed the whale. She had three tries at it using my Club BSAP, buy one get one free games ticket. Unfortunately for her, she sucked.

My wife Maria and 18 year old son Martin riding their way down the Joy Slide. Some may say the slide is kind of lame and childish, but my family loves it. I had a bad back so I passed on this one.

My 17 year old daughter Heather and my wife Maria about to tackle the mighty Drop Zone.

Me and Martin watched as they ascended up the tower.

Martin loves the Mouse Trap. It is a common fairground ride but is perhaps the most intense ride at the amusement park. A bit rough here and there, but Martin doesn't care.

Mother and son make their way up the Mouse Trap Coaster.

It is pretty frightening up there as you can tell. The rough sea winds usually don't help.

This drop always gets your stomach as you can see from Martin's expression. Maria on the other hand just seems happy to be there.

I didn't want to risk getting a bone dislocated so I waited outside with Heather who was a bit worried about riding the fierce coaster.

We all decided to ride Garden Journey for a laugh. Finally! A ride that won't break my back in two.

Heather and Maria making their way through Garden Journey. It really is a pretty ride! Wish it was a bit more popular.

Crowds started to disperse around 2.00pm when it began raining.
Annoyingly we had to take cover in the Seashell Cafe for twenty minutes whilst the rain did its thing.

Luckily, it was only a quick shower and we soon all got back to riding. By this time we all decided to experience Steel Ranger before it started clouding over again.

Maria and me get prepared whilst Heather and Martin take their seats.

Me, my wife Maria and my two kids Martin and Heather all experiencing the harsh 360 forces of Steel Ranger.

The final ride of the day was the classic and beloved Wooden Rumbler. We waited as it pulled into the station.

Such a fantastic ride. This coaster is what Brighton Sands is all about. Just goes to show that even old classics like the Rumbler can still compete in a world where steel giants like Nemesis and Vampire stand on high.

Today was a good day and it felt fabulous all being together as a family again. It brought back so many memories of the good old days when my brother Samuel used to run things.

Stats:
Season 23 1996 stats
Ride count: 19
Popularity: 34%   
Park appearance:56%
Most popular ride: Astro Invaders
Least popular ride: Garden Journey
Most unreliable ride: Steel Ranger
New addition success: 0% (Removal of Log Drop and Haunted Crypt)

As you can see, last season saw some pretty poor results. Results that I am sure the new manager James wants to get away from as soon as possible. The removal of two classic rides amongst other things with no foreseeable replacement caused a dramatic decline in popularity along with the lack of advertising and general state of the park. Astro Invaders was most popular whilst sadly, Garden Journey remained at bottom. 1996 was also the last year under the management of Shayne Hunter and his company face, BSAP Operations. Last year saw perhaps the worst figures we have ever had and the sooner the park moves on and up, the better.

Steve Hunter

Offline cyberwaveIT

• View Profile
Re: BSAP 1997: A day out with the family
« Reply #689 on: December 09, 2012, 01:40 PM »
I really like this update very much, in using family shots as a presentation method to showcase the park & it's rides. Well Done!  :2thumbup: :love2: