Aquanura RCT3 - First Efteling Symphonie

• 67 replies
Aquanura RCT3 - First Efteling Symphonie
« on: December 01, 2012, 12:36 AM »
Aquanura

An enchanted waterballet, in RCT3

4 frogs, 1 princess, and 203 fountains. An enchanted waterballet on the popular medleys of the Efteling comes alive in the world of RCT3. We are currently working on the decoration of the pond. And also we are working on programming the show. But that's still a secret ;)

Expected. Premiere-date unknown
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:41 AM by Mennoo_ »

Offline Slalamander

• I used to be someone else
    • View Profile
Re: *Aquanura* - An enchanted waterballet in RCT3
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 07:36 AM »

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Seven Seas
    • View Profile
    • Seven Seas
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 11:59 AM »
This is going to be soooo fingerlickin' good :love:

Offline cyberwaveIT

• Loving Every RCT Moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 07:04 AM »
Hi Mennoo_, how's this project coming along? Any updates?  :)

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 07:33 AM »
Aquanura - RCT3

Show-Designing

Hallo everyone,

The winter-Efteling is already over, and also the possibility to watch Aquanura in the dark. For that we have to wait until the summer (What a shame :( ). Fortunately I can still work on my own recreation of Aquanura in RCT3 :)
(For the people who don't know Aquanura or haven't seen it yet: )

I haven't shown anything from my recreation for a several time. But that doesn't mean I haven't been working on it at all. After schoolwork I spend a lot of time to it, But the problem is that the progress I have made, is not very beautiful to show you. That's because the work I have done yet is the timing of the effects on the music.

I make this 'Show-program' with not very beautiful effects, so to speak. They are meant as an indication for the effects on the music. That makes the current show look like a . But it saves me some troubles. I don't have to make the entire show at once with the final effects and more. Now I can focus on the timing of the effects on the music, and later I can easily replace the indications for the final effects and trust that the fountains make the right movements which are very characteristic for the real Aquanura.

Despite of the not very beautiful show at the moment, I still want to show you the progress I've made on Aquanura. So I ask you to don't pay attention to the looks of the effects, but to the timing of the effects, compared to the real show.

This is already an older video (even before the first update). I used here for the indication of the 'bloomjets' a fire-effect. It doesn't have the right looks, but it shows the principe of the bloomjet during the show because its lifetime.

This is the latest video of some parts of the show I already have. This video shows the new bloomjets indication I have made as a first test with the Advanced Firework Editor.

I have timed the effects on the music of the next parts:
  • VillaVolta: Mini Shooters + Bloomjets + Begin BloomFountains
  • Carnaval Festival: Mini Shooters + Bloomjets
  • Raveleijn: (Mini)Shooters + Bloomjets
  • Droomvlucht: Mini Shooters
  • Paddenstoelen: Mini Shooters
  • Spookslot: (Mini) Shooters + Bloomjets
Now the most effects I'm able to time with the current effects, are done. That means that now the real work comes. I will make all custom effects for the show with the Advanced Firework Editor. Therefore I'm learning the basics of AFE at the moment. First result is the bloomjet-indication in the video. I also tried to make an easy waterjet which have also the looks. The first test of that can you see below.

Beside the show, the area of the fountain also needs some progress. The audience platform near 'Fata Morgana' is already built in sketchup and only needs the right textures. The lamps on the audience platform are almost finish. They are made by PatrickDVZ who also will make the frogs in the pond. I hope to show you these things the next update.

Reactions, tips, criticism are welcome :)

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 04:35 AM by Mennoo_ »

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 07:37 PM »
Thank you for sharing your creative process, it's fascinating. I think Aquanura is the most beautiful theme park show I've ever seen (even though I've only seen it on video) and it's wonderful that you're creating it in RCT3! :up:

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 03:15 PM »
Aquanura - RCT3

Show Uiterlijk

Hello Everyone!

The last months I worked a lot on Aquanura. The work switched from the decoration of the area to the further timing of the effects and finally the final versions of the fountains. In this update I will show you mostly the progress on the fountain-effects which will be used in the final version of the show. I'll also show you the first concept of the basics of 2 fountain-effects which haven't got any details yet. you also will see a bit of the area decoration in the videos and screens

Mini Shooters
One of the most important fountains in Aquanura are the MiniShooters. In previous videos you saw an indication for the minishooter with 15 little balls sequentially. Now I have made the basic concept for the final version with the wat I call: 'Ruler in the air'-Effect. I gave it this name because in real life you see that the first part of water reach the highest point, whereas the last part of water remains at the bottom of the spurt of water like a ruler. I created this effect now and the only thing that's left now are the details to make the fountain look better

Lily Jets
Another effect of which I've made the basic concept, is the LilyJet. This fountain in the shape of a Lily is able to 'close' and 'open' himself (so to speak). But in the AFE there isn't a option to let the circle-speed decrease. So I had to compose the effect with 15 static Lilyjets which start fast after each other. In that way you get the impression that the lily get closed or opened as you can see in the video. It's a lot of work, but in the end it's worth

Further, a lot of effects are (almost) completed. One of theme are the Bloomshooters (spread over the pond). I would like to thank CoenMulder who gave me his version of the bloomshooter (Can be seen here). I edited his version a lot to a perfect timing, shape and adding glow for a better look with coloring.

I have almost finished the fountains which are part of the FrogKing either. I would like to thank PatrickDVZ here who made the beautiful frogs especially for this project. Also another object (for the area decoration, by him) is almost finished.

I have also combined the bloomshooters of the VillaVolta part with the lighting system of Aquanura with LEDs as you can see in the video below

As part of the area decoration, The layout and looks of the audience platforms are finish (without the adjacent pathcovers). Also the landscaping around the pond is almost done and on some places I have even done the vegetation.
The trees in this update are just temporary to create the atmosphere of an enclosed lagoon

Furthermore, a big part of the FataMorgana building is in a very advanced stage. I only need to add some little windows and doors. However, almost every texturing need to be done yet. That's the reason that you see nothing of FataMorgana in this update

Coments and tips are welcome :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 04:33 AM by Mennoo_ »

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 04:37 PM »
Great update! The lilyjets and bloomshooters look amazing in action.

Offline walibi-mike

• cs maker now! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 07:14 AM »
I dont have tips! Only compliments ;) And wow that's incredible!

Offline guus-cool

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 07:21 AM »
Nice i like this project to much :up:

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 07:43 AM »
Aquanura RCT3

A wonderful world of LEDs

Hello everyone

As usually, I have been working on my Aquanura recreation again. I spend most of the time now to add all the LEDs to the show
Aquanura has 328 recolorable LEDs. Every single LED is individually added to the MixMaster show. Also every single color is a different effect on the MixMaster sequence for the perfect color (It works better than give it the right color in AFE). Also due the different movements, I have to make a lot of differents effects for one color-part due the different life-times of the LEDs. It's not that difficult, But it's a lot of work and it's make all the LEDs a show itself (A wonderful world of LEDs)

Currently I have done the LEDs of these scenes:
-VillaVolta 60%
-Indische Waterlelies 90%
-Carnaval Festival 35%
-Raveleijn 60%

It's a lot of work, but it gives the show a much better atmosphere. That's why I wanted to share you the current state of the show

Warning: A lot of the fountain-effects are still the concept ones or the ones for the timing. This makes the some fountains look a bit silly or easy

Screens

Video
This video shows the current state of the VillaVolta scene. At the end you can see how difficult some movements of the LEDs ore This is the last progress video you'll get from the VillaVolta scene. Other movies will show you too much of the final show.

This video shows the gradient on the bloomshooters which aren't be able to seen in the previous video due organization reasons

This was the update again! Any comments, tips or critics are welcome!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 07:45 AM by Mennoo_ »

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 08:17 AM »
Wow! this is awesome! Beautiful work that you did with this old game.

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 08:22 PM »
So beautiful, Mennoo! It's obvious you've put an immense amount of work into Aquanura, and I for one can't wait to see the finished product no matter how long it takes. :up:

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 01:53 PM »
Unbelievable work as I said. Great fountains and effects perfectly timed to the music. The atmosphere is beautiful and realistic comparing with the real show.

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2013, 12:26 PM »
It's not a full update, but I couldn't resist to share this picture (which I also posted on Twitter) with you.

Just to let you guys see that I'm still working on it ;)

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 01:20 PM »
That's a beautiful rainbow in the water! :)

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 06:39 AM »
Aquanura RCT3

Scenery & Mini Shooters

Hello Everyone,

After a nice screenshot which I had to share with you, it is now time for a full update. The last time I made some good progress on my Aquanura, some parts of the show are now further than before. I also took the time to finish some stuff of the scenery and finally took the time to import some new stuff. The most of the work were the different lampposts around the pond. I want to thank PatrickDVZ a lot for making the first version of those lampposts especially for this remake. Some other stuff I've imported, are the platforms with some final details and a first version of the FataMorgana building. The last one is a mostly a test-import and I concluded that the building still need some work on the textures, But I couldn't resist to share this building already with you. The last screen also show a first test with RCT3 lasers to create the movingheads which are mostly used to light up the fountains.

Screens:

MiniShooters
And finally, I also took some time to create the (hopefully) final version of the MiniShooters. All previous ones where just indication for the effect, at which the last one was also the basic for the final version without any details. However that the previous one were never meant to be the final versions for the show, I got a lot of tips on the mini-shooters which I took in account making the final version.

Comments and Tips are welcome :)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 06:46 AM by Mennoo_ »

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 02:37 PM »
Everything looks so beautiful! Great work. :)

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 07:57 PM »
Judging from all the Aquanura videos, I've seen, the minishooters are perfect! What is so impressive to me is the realistic way the shooter's water falls into the lake, if you know what I mean.  The Lamps are beautiful, and I hope you will release them someday. :) :up:

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2013, 07:15 AM »
Aquanura RCT3

Just click on it   

Merry Christmas everyone!

Mennoo_
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 04:20 AM by Mennoo_ »

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 05:24 PM »
Merry (late) Christmas Mennoo, and thanks for sharing those lovely screenshots with us. It looks like the project is really progressing! :)

Offline JohanR

• A.k.a. Rct-Extremist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 02:52 AM »
That last shot is PERFECT! In every way. I really love how you manage to capture this show so well. All the effects are wonderfully made and they look so real. Real good job Mennoo!
Count me in!

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2014, 10:17 AM »
Aquanura - First Efteling Symphonie

The project is still coming along, from the colorful Carnaval Festival, to the dancing ghosts of Danse Macabre.

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2014, 10:42 AM »
Pure epicness and the best water show recreation I think!

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2014, 02:45 AM »
I love the look of those jets: they are thin, have some random disturbances in them and aren't too colorful. The show is indeed going to be sensational.
You're doing a great, tedious job, that needs to be appreciated. It's too bad it's in the 'other' section, so that it doesn't get all the views it deserves.

Offline RCTSpanky

• Old RCT fart :)
    • View Profile
Re: Aquanura RCT3 - First Efteling Symphonie
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2014, 05:19 AM »
I need to visit this section of the forum more. That's the reason why I have bump this tread. This show looks amazing and I would like to know a few things.

Did you have finished the show yet?

Is it possibe to download your park/show somewhere sooner or later? (the work that you put in this park is too good to stay forever on your harddisc for your own pleasure ;) )

I would ike to visit Efteling this summer (for the first time) and want compare your show with the real one.

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2014, 07:54 AM »
Thank you everyone for the lovely comments! It feels great to get such great comments on a project which still takes very long. It's a big motivation to keep working on this show.

I need to visit this section of the forum more. That's the reason why I have bump this tread. This show looks amazing and I would like to know a few things.

Did you have finished the show yet?

Is it possibe to download your park/show somewhere sooner or later? (the work that you put in this park is too good to stay forever on your harddisc for your own pleasure ;) )

I would ike to visit Efteling this summer (for the first time) and want compare your show with the real one.
Thanks for your comment!
I only have to dissapoint you, the show hasn't still be finished yet, and when it will be finished, there will only be a video of the show and there won't be any download of this project.

And I'm afraid you won't see the same show in the Efteling this summer compared to the one I'm recreating. Since 1 april 2014 they are playing a new show with the same structure, but other music from other attractions of the park. The one I'm creating is still the first show (In my opinion still better but that aside). Of course you can watch the first show still on

Offline Matthiascreations

• time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2014, 11:06 AM »
hey Mennoo_

i would like to ask you something, how do you create your bloomshooters???? i'm working of a show, the second efteling symfonie, i'm from Belgium, but the efteling is my favorite park, so
do you would like to make an tut. for creating lily jets end bloomshooter???

already thanks to read (super, how you are making the show, it's just the same like the real.)

MK Creations
something great is happened
(sorry for bad english)

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2014, 03:42 AM »
hey Mennoo_

i would like to ask you something, how do you create your bloomshooters???? i'm working of a show, the second efteling symfonie, i'm from Belgium, but the efteling is my favorite park, so
do you would like to make an tut. for creating lily jets end bloomshooter???

already thanks to read (super, how you are making the show, it's just the same like the real.)

MK Creations

I have to dissapoint you, I won't make a video to explain how I created those bloomshooters because I simply don't have the time for it. I can tell you that these fountains are made with the Advanced Firework Editor (Which you can open at mixmaster after you named a peep in your park Guido Fawkes). Search for some tutorials on the internet to understand how the AFE works. And if you then use the right combination of upwarts speed, and circle speed (speed which has a randomly direction in a circle) you'll be able to create bloomshooters

If you have more questions, please ask them throug PM.

Offline Secena

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2014, 09:27 AM »
Sublime ! Effect are sublime !  :'(
Continue like that it's perfect !