Gondola
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: February 04, 2021, 09:22 AM

Brookfield Zoo

• 287 replies
Re: Brookfield Zoo
« Reply #270 on: September 14, 2021, 01:07 PM »
Further down the path is the next faux habitat for the rock hyrax. A small rock climbing rodent. the path crosses over a bridge that spans the rocky cliffs on either side where the hyrax would jump and climb.

This would be a fully functional habitat if I placed an animal in there.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 14, 2021, 05:15 PM »
The bridge is a nice addition to add a "little extra something" to the exhibit.

« Reply #272 on: September 14, 2021, 08:26 PM »
this is how it is in the real life exhibit

« Reply #273 on: September 18, 2021, 06:34 AM »
next habitat down the pathway is the caracal (yes, another faux habitat that can accept an animal in the game if needed).

This is a medium sized member of the cat family.

Here is another example of the layered scenery and lighting that I did to make the habitat look more natural and deep.

Across from this habitat is a cross-over cut-through to the other (forest) side of the building.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 18, 2021, 12:59 PM »
I like the cross-over that connects the two sides. Very user friendly for the guests. I also like how the layered effect turned out in the caracal exhibit. But what are the parallel lines in the blue sky? Or maybe that's just part of the ceiling lit up with blue light?

« Reply #275 on: September 23, 2021, 08:35 AM »
that is the actual trim at the top of the of the outside wall

« Reply #276 on: September 23, 2021, 11:05 AM »
Here is the interior of the building looking above the finished habitats. You can see there are a few sky lights for some exhibits for during the day.

Here are the fennec fox, or the bat-eared fox in my zoo. again here is the darker exhibit but forced perspective and lighting make it look like a dusk with the sunset in the far distance.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 23, 2021, 03:58 PM »
The sunset looks nice. A little variety from the purely nighttime habitats.

« Reply #278 on: October 01, 2021, 01:09 PM »
Across from the fox is a small lizard exhibit.

and another faux habitat for the bush baby

This is actually a pretty small habitat, maybe 10x20 feet, but I used deep looking forest murals on the back and side walls to make it look like a never ending tropical forest.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 01, 2021, 03:07 PM »
Wow, you did a good job making the habitat look a lot larger than it is. :up:

I heard on the news the other day that many of the animals in the real-world Brookfield Zoo have now been vaccinated against Covid. The report didn't mention other zoos, but I presume they are (or will be) doing likewise. Good for them.

« Reply #280 on: October 05, 2021, 07:32 AM »
THX - I also heard many zoos are doing this as animals were starting to test positive...I believe at the NY Zoos.

Heading further down the walkway you climb up a bit into the clouded leopard habitat. The idea was that you would be more up in the trees to observe them.

Once again, I used night-like lighting and huge mural on the outside walls to make this look like an expansive tropical forest.

The raised walkway

A daylight shot showing the sun coming in the skylights

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 05, 2021, 03:20 PM »
Cool. I like the idea of looking slightly down into the habitat. Are those whitewater rapids part of the mural or some of the in-game water effects?

« Reply #282 on: October 05, 2021, 08:40 PM »
Cool. I like the idea of looking slightly down into the habitat. Are those whitewater rapids part of the mural or some of the in-game water effects?
that is a small moving waterfall in the habitat from in game items.

« Reply #283 on: October 09, 2021, 12:05 PM »
More of the Clouded leopard habitat

« Reply #284 on: October 14, 2021, 09:49 AM »
Leaving the leopard area and headed back down to the Fragile Forest side of the building.

On the right is an entrance to the backstage keeper are for the habitats in the middle of the building...on the left is the 'faux' habitat for the Prevosts Squirrel. There is a main habitat viewing area, but there are also net-like tubes that traverse around the building that the squirrels can move about. For example, the pass over the clouded leopard habitat over your heads. I did not try to re-create the tubes, but the habitat is there.

« Reply #285 on: October 18, 2021, 05:27 PM »
Across from the squirrels is the back side of the Bat-eared fox where there is a 1 way window to view the foxes in their den.

Some more exhibit boxes

this is the other side of the cross over from what we saw by the caracal habitat along with another restroom facility

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 18, 2021, 09:18 PM »
The man-made things and natural things work well together; looks nice, calm, and inviting.

« Reply #287 on: October 23, 2021, 07:14 AM »
THX - more that to come!

Here is the fishing cat habitat (another faux one)

A peaceful sitting area to relax