A A A A Author Topic: == [ THE GAMER ] == ~ NEW PROJECT! (Silver's Hybrid Film Projects Thread)  (Read 4049 times)

cyberwaveIT

•  
  • :
  • Loving Every RCT Moment!
Re: Project Sunrise - Silver's Hybrid Film Projects Thread
Post #31     : December 11, 2012, 09:46 PM
Be Proud, Be Very Proud. Don't let the lack of comments put you down.

I'm sure there are others that appreciate this project also, perhaps what they wished to convey had already been mentioned by the others, and as such, left it be.

Cheers & keep your chin up.  :up:

CD5

•  
  • :
  • Since 2007
Re: Project Sunrise - Silver's Hybrid Film Projects Thread
Post #32     : December 15, 2012, 08:42 PM
This was very well-done. I appreciated its length. You proved that you don't need an hour to get across an idea or story. As shyguy stated, the transition between RCT3 and real life was near seamless--something that is not easy to accomplish. The subject matter was somber, but the beautiful cinematography was a nice relief from that somberness.

The subtitles were hard to read in places, but I realize you're limited, especially when including two separate languages.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. Nice work.

Silver Swordsman

•  
  • :
  • I don't edit my pictures; see my profile for info.
For the people that did reply, you have my thanks.  It means a lot to me. 

The video had me very emotional.
I wanted to write a lot of it, and had even begun. Then I tried to translate it in English. It did not succeed. The translation expressed nothing of the way I meant it. I gave up, and let it remain.

Thanks.  Should I actually be flattered by the lack of responses then?  ;D

Be Proud, Be Very Proud. Don't let the lack of comments put you down.

I'm sure there are others that appreciate this project also, perhaps what they wished to convey had already been mentioned by the others, and as such, left it be.

Cheers & keep your chin up.  :up:

Thanks.  Your words help me keep the motivation levels up. 

This was very well-done. I appreciated its length. You proved that you don't need an hour to get across an idea or story. As shyguy stated, the transition between RCT3 and real life was near seamless--something that is not easy to accomplish. The subject matter was somber, but the beautiful cinematography was a nice relief from that somberness.

The subtitles were hard to read in places, but I realize you're limited, especially when including two separate languages.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. Nice work.

Thanks.  Actually, as critical as I often am of your work, I actually highly admire the fact that you're able to construct such large productions (and with such alacrity!)

So it seems that RCT-HSR has been on the backburner for quite awhile now.  When University film projects are kicking one's head around harder than a pinata in a drunken soccer match, there is always a choice.  Given my (comparably) extensive experience with filmmaking, I can either choose 1) to make a simple film with normal production values for an exercise in brevity; or 2) I can use the extra expertise to push the envelope. 

As I am bumping this dusty ol' thread of mine, I think we already know which one I've chosen. 

The Gamer will be the inverse of films like Sunrise and Anniversary, as it is more a live-action film rather than an animation film.  That doesn't mean that RCT3 is out of the picture, but it will certainly be used in ways that most people have never seen before. 

However, I feel I should say that from now on, my films will be geared less towards full-on RCT3 than it is geared towards my increasingly complex exercises in post-production.  To Leonidas (whom I have bickered with over the use of Photoshop and Bloom Mod): THIS is what I call challenging the RCT3 medium...

I hope all of you will forgive me for this offense. 

As I am studying in Hong Kong, which is in Asia where all of my classmates are Asian, The Gamer is in Chinese.  However, I will ensure that the English subtitles will be legible and easy to read (as this seemed to be a problem for Sunrise viewers). 

The final cut (run length: approx 3 minutes) should be ready in a few days. 

IS EVERYONE READY???
Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 06:55 AM by Silver Swordsman »

leonidas

•  
  • :
I didn't even realize the background of the display was showing RCT until I saw it a second time.

RCT and reality go together pretty well, especially in a concept like this where it represents a game.
I actually like the fact that you're moving away from RCT a bit. That way you won't force yourself to use RCT content, but rather use it in a more subtle manner.
I really hope you will introduce some moral issues in regards to gaming or the relation between reality and the virtual.
Seeing the preview, I'm guessing that's the direction you're heading into. That brings up some very interesting content for thought: which also comes down to the essence of the argument that we've had before, about the way we use this game.

This should be interesting.
You have my attention! :P

CD5

•  
  • :
  • Since 2007
You've got my interest. They way you're blending RCT3 with live action is remarkable to say the least. I like the idea of RCT3 taking a back seat to the live action. I can't wait to see what you do with this concept.

For the subtitles issue, have you ever considered using YouTube's subtitles functionality?

Silver Swordsman

•  
  • :
  • I don't edit my pictures; see my profile for info.
You've got my interest. They way you're blending RCT3 with live action is remarkable to say the least. I like the idea of RCT3 taking a back seat to the live action. I can't wait to see what you do with this concept.

For the subtitles issue, have you ever considered using YouTube's subtitles functionality?

Thanks!  Unfortunately, I prefer to hard-code my subtitles into the video as I usually have to work with both Chinese and English subs.  It just makes things easier. 

I didn't even realize the background of the display was showing RCT until I saw it a second time.

RCT and reality go together pretty well, especially in a concept like this where it represents a game.
I actually like the fact that you're moving away from RCT a bit. That way you won't force yourself to use RCT content, but rather use it in a more subtle manner.
I really hope you will introduce some moral issues in regards to gaming or the relation between reality and the virtual.
Seeing the preview, I'm guessing that's the direction you're heading into. That brings up some very interesting content for thought: which also comes down to the essence of the argument that we've had before, about the way we use this game.

This should be interesting.
You have my attention! :P

Thanks!

Alright peeps, here it is.  At this point, I'm too tired to care whether or not you guys leave a comment or not. 

The Gamer

The Gamer is a short film that focuses on the gradual blurring of the boundaries between the virtual and the physical worlds (especially with the onset of new "augmented reality" technology).

Still, if you guys can be nice enough to leave some comments, suggestions, or criticism, I'd really appreciate it.  Anything is better than silence... :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 03:33 AM by Silver Swordsman »

Dutcher

•  
  • :
  • So long, and thanks for all the fish!
Oo, I like that. The editing has something fancy like one would see on popular youtube vids like those from Freddy Wong. Honestly, at this point I feel that RCT is more of a limitation of your work (to a bigger audience), no matter how revolutionary you use the crap out of it (seriously, I so wished that was an actual mod you made to be able to control the bus).

Yeah, this is awesome.
Just an empty signature guys. Nothing to see here. Cary on.

CD5

•  
  • :
  • Since 2007
As always, you're blurring the lines between reality and RCT3 to a point where I really wasn't sure where the RCT3 was used.

I was a tad bit confused by the storyline--I'm not sure I understand it completely, but it's a short film. It doesn't have to be packaged like a feature length film.

Regardless, I really enjoyed watching it. The effects are really spectacular, as was the quality of the live footage.